Confirmed with Link: Quaider dealt to Rangers for Kampfer and a 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
No one said they're the softest team in the league (that i saw anyway) - However, they definitely lost their sheriff. Physicality as a whole last year, especially in the post season where they let a soft team (Tampa) steamroll them with a severe lack of push back. Yes, there were other serious issues with secondary scoring... but lets not ignore the fact that the Bruins physicality was an issue as well (which people try to justify or ignore completely)

100%, this makes me worried going into the season. Wonder what happens vs Montreal when Shaw and maybe Domi are trying to rough up our forwards bc they know they have nobody to answer to. Teams will take liberties all year.

Last edited:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
100%, this makes me worried going into the season. Wonder what happens vs Montreal when Shaw and maybe Domi are trying to rough up our forwards bc they know they have nobody to answer to. Teams will take liberties all year.

redherring.png

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

You mean that noted " tough guy " Max Domi ? He's about as tough as our noted tough guy David Krejci.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

What would McQuaid have done from upstairs, thrown popcorn at Shaw/Domi and yelled at them? That seems to be what many of those freaking out are missing. McQuaid was going to get very limited action barring an injury. If he wasn't trade he still not on the ice so what does it matter?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Uhhh Shaw? You mean the guy that big bad Krug crushed multiple times last year? Yeah not scared of those two guys at all.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I just don't think you understand at all the value if having a sheriff like Mcquaid . You don't want Krug taking care of Shaw and taking himself off the ice

Do you really think that Krug is going to be “taking care of” Shaw? He hit Shaw in the course of play, which started the stuff between them.

Shaw would not be fighting McQuaid anyway. It’s not what he does.

Reactions: Chief Nine

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Do you really think that Krug is going to be “taking care of” Shaw? He hit Shaw in the course of play, which started the stuff between them.

Shaw would not be fighting McQuaid anyway. It’s not what he does.

Ya but if Shaw pulls cheap stuff after the whistle or anyone else does the same. Mcquaid is there quickly to the defense. I expect other teams manipulate the lack of team toughness and goad the bruins into pentalies quite a bit this year

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How does a "Sherriff" (hate that phrase for hockey) do this responsibility from way up top from the roof box?

Well, he instills fear from there. The opposing team knows he's looking down on them, ready to throw his popcorn against the wall if there is an incident on the ice. Sheriff has now made it's way to #2 on terrible hockey terms. Nothing will replace using the word hungry to describe a player. I'll use it in a cringy sentence. "David Krejci is not hungry enough when on the ice."

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ya but if Shaw pulls cheap stuff after the whistle or anyone else does the same. Mcquaid is there quickly to the defense. I expect other teams manipulate the lack of team toughness and goad the bruins into pentalies quite a bit this year

Hypothetically speaking, McQuaid was still on the Bruins and is upstairs eating popcorn during this scenario, what's your response?

Reactions: maxl7

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Hypothetically speaking, McQuaid was still on the Bruins and is upstairs eating popcorn during this scenario, what's your response?

I think it's a ridiculous scenario so I don't really have a response to that. Besides last year he plays a majority of the season and is a plus player as his stats show.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Well, he instills fear from there. The opposing team knows he's looking down on them, ready to throw his popcorn against the wall if there is an incident on the ice. Sheriff has now made it's way to #2 on terrible hockey terms. Nothing will replace using the word hungry to describe a player. I'll use it in a cringy sentence. "David Krejci is not hungry enough when on the ice."

That's just silly. Everyone knows that from upstairs, Quiader could awaken the force from his darkside (Darth Quaider), obviously using that force to beat his opponents into submission.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think it's a ridiculous scenario so I don't really have a response to that. Besides last year he plays a majority of the season and is a plus player as his stats show.

He's played in 242 out of a possible 328 games the last 4 years. That is 74%. So you think it's a ridiculous scenario to propose Adam McQuaid not playing in a game that gets chippy, or has a bad hit against the Bruins? Lol..... Give me a break. You don't have a response for it because you know it's actually more realistic than what you are saying, so you're just trying to brush it off.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Go ahead and disparage Mcquaid. I find it funny how cocky Sweeney fans get. Too bad you never win anything to back it up.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Go ahead and disparage Mcquaid. I find it funny how cocky Sweeney fans get. Too bad you never win anything to back it up.

I loved Adam McQuaid and was sad to see him traded. I actually didn't like the deal. Value wise, it was good. Personnel wise, just wasn't a fan. I wanted that depth. This isn't me disparaging him. This is me calling you out on something. It's a common theme for the tough crew around here to live in these fantasy worlds where having a tough player really stops other teams from taking liberties on players, and the moment one is moved on from, all hell is going to break loose and the B's are going to fold up, get destroyed physically, go 0-82-0 and be the weakest team on the planet (NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL, etc. etc.)

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I excluded the 2009-2010 season because he spent majority of it in Providence and I didn't want that to skew the numbers.

SeasonSeason
Games
GP% of GP
2010-11826782%
2011-12827288%
2012-13483267%
2013-14823037%
2014-15826377%
2015-16826478%
2016-17827794%
2017-18823846%
Total62244371%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So for his career he played in 71% of the possible games he could have. Not terrible, but he was definitely a guy every year that you expected to miss at least a quarter of the season minimum.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Nobody disparages McQuaid, the fact is Cassidy saw him as the #7 D last year and sat him when everyone was healthy. With John Moore added he was looking at being the #8 D in our lineup, he wasn't going to get a ton of games. It would have been nice to have a guy like that in reserves but that wouldn't be right for McQuaid who is playing for what will likely be his last contract. People that like the trade are happy for McQuaid who will have better opportunities than he would have had here to make a case for a good next contract. Nobody here dislikes McQuaid, but the time to trade him was now and not just for the Bruins' sake but for McQuaid's sake.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
One tough hombre. I miss him already.

The rumor is that the Bruins are deep at D and have good prospects on the way up, so I don’t know why they traded for another defenseman. I’d have felt better about this if they found a way to get some more scoring.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

That's just it, no one is disparaging him. Where has anyone in this thread said McQuaid sucked? You wont find it. He was a guy that fans loved, but there seems to be two groups here. One group that understand he had no role on the team and wasn't going to play much. Then you have the other group that would rather pay $2.75 million to have a guy with toughness (that's all they talk about with him) sit upstairs and angrily stare a guys if they take a run at someone. The issue the 1st group has with the 2nd group is that the 2nd group make it seems like McQuaid was the only guy with toughness on this team and he was the only one that would drop the mitts when needed.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Actually, his stats show that he played LESS than a majority of the season last season, and by every account was going to play even less this coming season. Not even bothering to formulate a response to the most likely scenario for his usage this coming season tell me you're not interested in having a true, honest discussion about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad