World Cup: QF: Russia vs. Croatia, 7/7/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Perisic...
looked like he might still get it despite playing it slow and then missing an open net. about 6 meters from the line.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
If anything, England was French, not the other way around.
Technically prior to the Norman invasion the Saxons ruled England which makes them german. Which is rather ironic considering the current ruling family House Windsor aka Gotha von Saxe Coburg is more German than anything else.

Actually thanks to Princess Diana being decended from an illegitimate heir from House Stuart means technically when one of her children ascends to the throne he will restore the Stuart bloodline.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Keystone cops defending from Russia again but they escape.

It will be interesting to see how each manager tries to change the game with their benches.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I haven't watched the RPL as much these past two years, but Granat & Semenov can at least move, Neustädter should've been in the team even before the injuries to Vasin & Dzikiyia (however the **** that's supposed to be transliterated lol)...and hell why not one of the kids like Chernov, Sorokhin or Lystsov? Those kids have shown talent with the youth NTs and by now one of them has to have enough senior team experience to be better then bringing a walking corpse even if they have to settle in on the job :dunno:
Granat and Semenov are not good enough. Neustadter is a universal player, but if he were to make this team, he would probably play a defensive midfielder rather a center back. His very poor play at Euro 16 didn’t help his cause to make the team, I think. The rest of the kids, like Chernov, etc. are simply too raw for this stage. Cherchesov wanted to assemble the best team possible, and considering that Russia has advanced that far, could mean that he was right.

P.S. It’s Dzhikiya :) in Mengrelian it means a mountain leopard.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Technically prior to the Norman invasion the Saxons ruled England which makes them german. Which is rather ironic considering the current ruling family House Windsor aka Gotha von Saxe Coburg is more German than anything else.

Actually thanks to Princess Diana being decended from an illegitimate heir from House Stuart means technically when one of her children ascends to the throne he will restore the Stuart bloodline.

I didn't know the Diana factoid.
Nooooo...

Reactions: cgf and Stray Wasp

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London

Anglo-Saxons, please.

But thanks for the second paragraph, which is information I was unaware of. I look forward to another idiot Stuart monarch bringing about a rebellion.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Granat and Semenov are not good enough. Neustadter is a universal player, but if he were to make this team, he would probably play a defensive midfielder rather a center back. His very poor play at Euro 16 didn’t help his cause to make the team, I think. The rest of the kids, like Chernov, etc. are simply too raw for this stage. Cherchesov wanted to assemble the best team possible, and considering that Russia has advanced that far, could mean that he was right.

P.S. It’s Dzhikiya :) in Mengrelian it means a mountain leopard.

Ignashevich isn't good enough anymore either & he can't keep up physically :dunno:

I also think Neu's 2016 euros weren't nearly as bad as they are remembered & given russia's alternatives should play CB...especially when the team plays a back...but I've given up trying to make that argument lol.

As for the kids, I know they are raw, but at least they had the natural ability to deliver if things clicked for them...whereas with Igna the only hope is that he isn't exposed too often or taken advantage of too badly.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
They’re finding slight openings here and there the Russians are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad