World Cup: QF: Russia vs. Croatia, 7/7/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It's inevitable to have a new finalist, not surprised it's going to be this year. Some other countries have caught up, some of it is luck of the draw..

I still find it amazing whenever I look at the list of who's won the World Cup how small the list is

Reactions: kihei

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Will be tough, while challanged skill wise, the Ruskies more then make up for it with being an organized side. Would be interesting to see how they look if they are forced to be offensively inclined.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Russia will take this one convincingly. People forget Russia made the 1/2 in 2008, Croatia 1998, it's not like they never had great results before, and the USSR was one of the best National Team for a long time.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Kind of wanting to see Russia come away with the tournament victory at this point....The scenes would be wild!

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I wouldn't doubt Russia advancing again.

Russia will take this one convincingly. People forget Russia made the 1/2 in 2008, Croatia 1998, it's not like they never had great results before, and the USSR was one of the best National Team for a long time.

Always love when people refer to teams as though they were a composite of their entire history.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
It’ll be interesting to see the lineup Cherchesov deploys for this one.

I doubt that it’ll be the ultra defensive one he had vs Spain. I think you have to play Cheryshev from the beginning.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Looks like Zhirkov is possibly out of the tournament with an achilles tendon injury. Not good news for team Russia.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Strinic was subbed out but I think that was due to leg cramp.

Perisic was also removed. Hoping that was just for the same reason.

Kovacic might have a shoulder issue. He toughed it out in extra time. Keep an eye on his status for the QF.

Important thing was Croatia picked up no yellow cards today with th a host of players carrying one already.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Russia was really lucky that Golovin didn’t pick up a yellow vs Spain. He had a number of fouls and already has one in the tournament.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
If there is a midfield in this tournament that could afford to lose a player of Kovacic's stature and buzz along it is Croatia. They can't play like they did against Denmark or they're going out. That said, I don't expect them to. Hopefully this was the scare they needed. Although taking out Russia at this point, surprisingly, is no easy task. Yet I expect Croatia in the final.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Zobnin is missing this one due to yellow cards. Bad for Russia

When did he get his first?

This is a HUGE loss. Zobnin has been Russia’s best defensive presence and a catalyst behind many counters.

I will argue that he has been Russia’s best all-around player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad