World Cup: QF: Russia vs. Croatia, 7/7/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Ignashevich isn't good enough anymore either & he can't keep up physically :dunno:

I also think Neu's 2016 euros weren't nearly as bad as they are remembered, but I've given up trying to make that argument lol. As for the kids, I know they are raw, but at least they had the natural ability to deliver if things clicked for them...whereas with Igna the only hope is that he isn't exposed too often or taken advantage of too badly.
Trust me, I am no fan of Ignashevich. He plays for a club that I hate the most :) The World Cup is not a place for experiments. Cherchesov was under so much pressure in anyway, that’s probably why he went with the old guard instead of a completely unproven player.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Technically prior to the Norman invasion the Saxons ruled England which makes them german. Which is rather ironic considering the current ruling family House Windsor aka Gotha von Saxe Coburg is more German than anything else.

Actually thanks to Princess Diana being decended from an illegitimate heir from House Stuart means technically when one of her children ascends to the throne he will restore the Stuart bloodline.
But the whole english royal family comes from France.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Only in certain parts of the country. The north-east, for instance, was controlled by the Angles initially.

I've read that whereas no other English dialect is more than 30% words of Angle origin, 80% of Geordie dialect words have Angle roots.
I can see that. I read texts about english peasants (1000s likely, perhaps earlier) travelling from one village to the next, that they spoke unintelligibe language. They especially complained about not being able to buy eggs (eggs used in one village, eiren in the other (very close the German "Eier").

Reactions: cgf and Stray Wasp

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I can see that. I read texts about english peasants (1000s likely, perhaps earlier) travelling from one village to the next, that they spoke unintelligibe language. They especially complained about not being able to buy eggs (eggs used in one village, eiren in the other (very close the German "Eier").

North of the Tyne we still have to put up with that complaint now.

Reactions: Eisen and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Only in certain parts of the country. The north-east, for instance, was controlled by the Angles initially.

I've read that whereas no other English dialect is more than 30% words of Angle origin, 80% of Geordie dialect words have Angle roots.

Yeah but the Angles were a germanic tribe initially to. Hell even Ireland & Scottland spent long periods of time under scandiwegian domination; and the those nordic invaders were all just weird germans to lol. Rome really paved the wave for germanic tribes to kick the shit out of what was left of the celts in north eastern europe :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Stray Wasp

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Trust me, I am no fan of Ignashevich. He plays for a club that I hate the most :) The World Cup is not a place for experiments. Cherchesov was under so much pressure in anyway, that’s probably why he went with the old guard instead of a completely unproven player.

Then how is Ignashevich still playing? ;-)

I know why it happened, I just don't agree that it was the right decision lol

Reactions: Firsov99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad