World Cup: QF: Russia vs. Croatia, 7/7/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Croatia go a goal down, picked up the tempo and equalised quickly. Then drop it right down again.

Playing with fire with that approach.

I'd like to see them take the lead and force russia to open up. Nothing against Golovin & seeing Cheryshev playing up to the hype that I helped him get as a youth, but I wanted to see Miranchuk & Dzagoev create a beautiful goal at this tourney :laugh:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Not a good first half from Croatia. They seemed a step slow and looked nervy at times defending.

Great shot for Russia’s goal, beautiful placement.

I’m hoping to see less long balls from Croatia in the second 45’. More on the ground and be attacking, try to open up that defense.

Not suprised by the score line.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
One thing I also notice is that Croatia does better when Modric plays higher up the pitch. It doesn't do Croatia much good when you have Rakitic and Modric playing back.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
He still shouldn't really be playing, even with injuries to the other already integrated options. He can't react fast enough anymore and it's not even like he's organizing the whole defense. Bringing him back from the dead over someone who hadn't been integrated yet but could actually play was an error...but I griped about it enough when the rosters came out lol.
The problem is that he is BETTER than the remaining options. Who would you play instead of him now, really? It’s sad that Russia has poor depth at this position.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
That took way too long. Who was that guy on the left side that couldn't find his strike? Playing fast only makes sense if you actually get the shot off too. I saw it so often in the last couple of days.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The problem is that he is BETTER than the remaining options. Who would you play instead of him now, really? It’s sad that Russia has poor depth at this position.

I haven't watched the RPL as much these past two years...basically since Favre went to Nice & I started watching Ligue 1 a little instead lol...but Granat & Semenov can at least move. Neustädter should've been in the team even before the injuries to Vasin & Dzikiyia (however the f*** that's supposed to be transliterated lol)...and hell why not one of the kids like Chernov, Sorokhin or Lystsov? They've shown talent with the youth NTs and by now one of them has to have enough senior team experience to be better then bringing a walking corpse, even if they have to settle in on the job :dunno:

Last edited:

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Strinic's performance has been especially ungrateful since I complimented him.

I shall now attempt to reverse jinx affairs:

it looks like we're set for a long night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad