Confirmed Signing with Link: Puljujarvi signed to a 1 year deal with Kärpät, Liiga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducksauce

Oct 30, 2010
Its pretty clear his English affected his assimilation.

The dumby skips English classes and refuses to stay summers to train and get cultured.

No wonder hes loving Karpat. He has friends.

This was pretty evident when he was caught on twitter walking home carrying all his equipment. Clearly he didnt have any friendships on the team
What is this story about? He was walking home from Rogers during winter? Why would he have equipment on him? Wouldn't it stay at the rink? He didn't have a car? Edmonton is very much a driving city.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
it’s an average of the players that have come over from that league. The Panarin and Dadonov types skew it upwards.
IMO th biggest skew is given by the fact that if they don't succed KHL players only play few games in NHL....

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
And Oilers fans want the moon for this bust.

Be lucky to get a low 2nd pick.

There is a huge difference between wanting the moon and not being willing to give him away for junk....

If that is all we can get, then let him rot in Liiga.

Reactions: YP44

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I think he is worth the gamble. Surprised some teams have t been more aggressive

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
What is this story about? He was walking home from Rogers during winter? Why would he have equipment on him? Wouldn't it stay at the rink? He didn't have a car? Edmonton is very much a driving city.

I believe it was after the exit interviews. . A fan spotted him walking home with his equipment and drove him a few blocks home

It turned into a feel good story, yet it's pretty alarming and telling that he was very much alone here.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oil fans and Holland need to come the hell down on this asking price. This guy is 21 in a league he was wrecking as a teenager. He's gonna do real well at it. Big shock right? Fire's hot, snow's cold, there's something in the water.... news at 11 boys. JP is like 3rd and a throw-in prospect worthy. If the Oil want any more they can sit on it forever and this kid can just never play in the NHL again.

No one would have a word to say about this guy if he wasn't previously 4th overall.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Oil fans and Holland need to come the hell down on this asking price. This guy is 21 in a league he was wrecking as a teenager. He's gonna do real well at it. Big shock right? Fire's hot, snow's cold, there's something in the water.... news at 11 boys. JP is like 3rd and a throw-in prospect worthy. If the Oil want any more they can sit on it forever and this kid can just never play in the NHL again.

No one would have a word to say about this guy if he wasn't previously 4th overall.
Why do we need Come down in price? If the return is no help to us now then why trade him. This is the same as having stocks in a down market, you only lose if you sell

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Why do we need Come down in price? If the return is no help to us now then why trade him. This is the same as having stocks in a down market, you only lose if you sell

You don't ask gold price for fools gold. JP not only failed at nearly every opportunity given to him, he's since demanded a trade and has had to have surgery on two bum hips. Every other player in the history of humankind was worthless and fetched like a 7th if anything if they had JP's career.

I wish him all the success in the world but the only value he has is that he was once upon a time a great prospect in a draft that has long since passed

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
You don't ask gold price for fools gold. JP not only failed at nearly every opportunity given to him, he's since demanded a trade and has had to have surgery on two bum hips. Every other player in the history of humankind was worthless and fetched like a 7th if anything if they had JP's career.

I wish him all the success in the world but the only value he has is that he was once upon a time a great prospect in a draft that has long since passed
Then we'll keep him until his value improves.

Reactions: Homesick

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Well, he will be an UFA at 25 (in 4 years), no matter what happens. Unless he is traded and signs before that.

I think it is 27 or 7 accrued seasons and since he isn’t in the NHL he isn’t accruing seasons.

“For purposes of the above, an accrued season is defined as a player having been on the team's active roster for 40 NHL games (30 in the case of a goaltender), including games missed where the player was injured.[15]

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
So, you paid $100 for a stock, it is currently trading for $20, so instead of taking your loss and re-investing you just hold on until its a penny stock? That's not really solid logic. Your logic is predicated on the market just driving stock prices down, and not the stock itself becoming worth significantly less on its own merit. That's like saying Enron will bounce back because market forces caused by 9/11 is driving down stock prices, and not that there was something fundamentally wrong with the company you've invested it.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Holland is playing it smart, waiting it out. Pulju's over in Europe and not affecting the team. Holland will get his price eventually from one of these suckers who talks themselves into a 21 year old reclamation project with good tools and who will be dirt cheap. Worse case the offer doesn't materialize and you dump him in a year or two for a 4th or 5th instead of a 3rd today.

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
Puljujärvi doesn't have an arranged meeting with Holland (who is attending the international tournament in Finland, Puljujärvi is playing) this week so far and he's still saying that returning to Edmonton is impossible. He says that there would have to be a trade for him to play in the NHL. SOURCE (FIN): Jesse Puljujärvi ei ole sopinut tapaamisia eikä aio palata Edmonton Oilersiin – "Jonkun treidin täytyy tapahtua"

Also it was reported in the Finnish media last week that Yzerman will be attending the same tournament. You heard it here first: Pulju to Detroit by the end of next week confirmed.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
If Holland is smart he give Puljujärvi a one year minimum deal, hold him in Finland to TDL and then trade him . At TDL a cheap Puljujärvi could bring a first.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Puljujärvi doesn't have an arranged meeting with Holland (who is attending the international tournament in Finland, Puljujärvi is playing) this week so far and he's still saying that returning to Edmonton is impossible. He says that there would have to be a trade for him to play in the NHL. SOURCE (FIN): Jesse Puljujärvi ei ole sopinut tapaamisia eikä aio palata Edmonton Oilersiin – "Jonkun treidin täytyy tapahtua"

Also it was reported in the Finnish media last week that Yzerman will be attending the same tournament. You heard it here first: Pulju to Detroit by the end of next week confirmed.

Pulju for Athanasiou

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
So, you paid $100 for a stock, it is currently trading for $20, so instead of taking your loss and re-investing you just hold on until its a penny stock? That's not really solid logic. Your logic is predicated on the market just driving stock prices down, and not the stock itself becoming worth significantly less on its own merit. That's like saying Enron will bounce back because market forces caused by 9/11 is driving down stock prices, and not that there was something fundamentally wrong with the company you've invested it.

based on what some are offering in this thread for JP… It’s more like this.... owning a speculative stock that you purchased for $9.80 per. Due to some mismanagement of the company and some speculations yet to come to fruition... it’s now trading $2.00 but I feel the stock will rebound back to $5 with some more capital investment injection and management changes. I’ll hang tight and hope it bounces back but might be enticed to sell at $3-4... and not listen to my buddy who is unemployed telling me to sell at $.25 before it drops to $0.05.

Reactions: Homesick

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
based on what some are offering in this thread for JP… It’s more like this.... owning a speculative stock that you purchased for $9.80 per. Due to some mismanagement of the company and some speculations yet to come to fruition... it’s now trading $2.00 but I feel the stock will rebound back to $5 with some more capital investment injection and management changes. I’ll hang tight and hope it bounces back but might be enticed to sell at $3-4... and not listen to my buddy who is unemployed telling me to sell at $.25 before it drops to $0.05.
A 4th overall pick is a hell of a lot more than a speculative stock. I mean, fine with saying it will rebound. But, to say you only sell at a loss if you sell is one of the stupidest premises I've ever seen to argue holding on to a declining asset. It ignores the basic concepts of opportunity cost and just ignores concepts like the sunk cost fallacy.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Pulju for Athanasiou

That would be nice idea for the Oilers, as long s Athanasiou stays for the deadline at Detroit. He would be low-scoring extension, thanks to bad times at Detroit, but could shine with McDavid. Cheap RFA extension, but could become a bargain.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
A 4th overall pick is a hell of a lot more than a speculative stock. I mean, fine with saying it will rebound. But, to say you only sell at a loss if you sell is one of the stupidest premises I've ever seen to argue holding on to a declining asset. It ignores the basic concepts of opportunity cost and just ignores concepts like the sunk cost fallacy.

The core issue is the prospects offered back (i.e. Julien Gauthier) in the rumors are older and worse than JP and have produced even less in the AHL and NHL. The upside is limited in the players so far offered. It’s like owning a risky falling tech stock like Uber and everybody is offering GameStop or Subway stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad