Confirmed Signing with Link: Puljujarvi signed to a 1 year deal with Kärpät, Liiga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Strangely, Joel Persson, 25, who was a part-time teacher and not even playing pro hockey three years ago, might be the best asset in that list. His growth has been tremendous.

Gambardella? Love the guy as an AHLer. Weird ask though? You a buddy of his?

I edited the proposal right before you post it.

No, I figure it'd be nice since Gambardella is a New Yorker and also because Hartford could use some supplementary offense

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
To think what the Oilers and Habs would look like today had the BJ's drafted Pulju...
Prior to the draft Kekalainen said to Kimmo Timonen that in two years Laine is going to be a superstar and Puljujarvi is not. At the same time he was impressed with Dubois.

I don't think you're doubting the decision especially now in hindsight, but just so you know, it doesn't sound like it was a close call or anything for BJ's.

Reactions: tellermine

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Tolvanen is not a good example. His points (good, but not amazing) were not what brought him to NA, it was his play on the ice as he is electrifying on a big ice sheet.
Weren’t his goal totals amazing for his age?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Eric Comrie had the same thing done. It was reported as a near cosmetic surgery at the time. I’m no doctor but that’s how it was presented. He came back and said he felt better than ever.

Jets prospect Comrie thriving after hip surgery

As for points in Europe, no one cares except Oiler fans who want to pump his value in imaginary trades. Recent play by Gusev and Tolvanen seem to support that.
the second highest paid player atm is an undrafted guy from europe

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
Prior to the draft Kekalainen said to Kimmo Timonen that in two years Laine is going to be a superstar and Puljujarvi is not. At the same time he was impressed with Dubois.

I don't think you're doubting the decision especially now in hindsight, but just so you know, it doesn't sound like it was a close call or anything for BJ's.

Yup.
I actually met both of them in same year, draft year that is. Kekäläinen and Puljujärvi.
Kekäläinen values high iq really mutch as game is getting faster and faster.
He did not see it on Puljujärvi.
Jesse was nice easy going kid, hope he gets it going in NHL to.

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

The rumour at draft day and a little after was Chia wanted to draft Sergachev even if PLD fell. Hence trading down was in the plans because MTL wanted PLD and Chia didn't seem to care for PLD, Tkachuk, etc. it seems.

When JP fell... I guess he was higher on the list and they went with their BPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad