Rumor: Pulju to KHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick doesn't help the Oilers either. Pulju has a better chance off turning his career by spending some time in the KHL than those picks becoming NHLers.

The best place for him is somewhere where he enjoys playing hockey again.

He's a struggling to develop player with surgery issues now.
You'd have to be completely naive to believe teams like Buf and Dal, to name a few, didn't try to entertain offers on players like Nichuskin and Grigerenko before they bolted.

Someone mentioned Dadonov. That is a rarity. So it seems like theirs a 1% chance he becomes one of those exception to the rule

I believe the % is higher for a 2nd or 3rd to become impactful NHL: players

So ya, perhaps trading him is better for the Oil sadly

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You'd have to be completely naive to believe teams like Buf and Dal, to name a few, didn't try to entertain offers on players like Nichuskin and Grigerenko before they bolted.

Someone mentioned Dadonov. That is a rarity. So it seems like theirs a 1% chance he becomes one of those exception to the rule

Maybe a trade around Dal Colle(Islanders add) or maybe make the Finn fans happy and trade him for Jake Bean

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Not the same thing, Radulov bolted b/c of his attitude clashing with the organization. He was a legit player when he left.

The names I mentioned were players who struggled to translate their talent in the NHL. I can't think of another player who tried to go over seas to develop after struggling in the NHL, and came back impactful b/c of it

Mark Girodano?

Reactions: M Ace

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Maybe a trade around Dal Colle(Islanders add) or maybe make the Finn fans happy and trade him for Jake Bean

I think JP has uber little value at this point. He looks like a mess in the NHL and just came off surgery, which at this point, nobody knows what kind of summer training he will be able to do

Chia is not a GM anywhere currently, so unless we get lucky, turning him into a trade for a useful player coming back seems paperthin

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think JP has uber little value at this point. He looks like a mess in the NHL and just came off surgery, which at this point, nobody knows what kind of summer training he will be able to do

Chia is not a GM anywhere currently, so unless we get lucky, turning him into a trade for a useful player coming back seems paperthin
Minnesota seems ripe for the picking

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Colorado still owns Grigorenko's right. He would be a fine add to their middle six C

Dallas extended Nich. Not sure where you get those teams trying to pawn them off

I'm not sure what's the % Pulju becomes the next Dadonov. All I know is Pulju has a better chance than a 2nd or 3rd round pick becoming a NHLer

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Colorado still owns Grigorenko's right. He would be a fine add to their middle six C

Dallas extended Nich.

I'm not sure what's the % Pulju becomes the next Dadonov. All I know is Pulju has a better chance than a 2nd or 3rd round pick becoming a NHLer
Nich didn't score this year, Grigorenko is a third liner at best. You can get third liners for 2nd round picks

Take the 2nd, turn it into an actual 3rd liner not a guy who might be a good third liner in 3+ years

All in all, I'm not saying give up on the kid. Just if he is going to bail overseas, see if you can get a good or decent value trade for him before he does.

I think he is only worth a 2nd but some team could very well value him more.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Btw

This not really a new rumour or speculation. The only question I have is the talk one sided or is pizza boys reps having on going discussions. Last year their were a few suggestions his reps were not happy with how the Oilers were developing him.

Personally

I think he wants a trade and he will use a European contract to try and leverage a trade.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Playing with calm professionals who speak his language would help him settle socially and give him more time and energy to focus on his on-ice issues.

50-60 points should not be out of the question. He has a wicked toolbox but has needed to focus (and fail) off-ice for a while and that hurts his confidence for sure.
What tools does he have? Hes big. He can skate straight ahead. Thats it. There has been close to zero evidence that he has anything more.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Dallas extended Nich. Not sure where you get those teams trying to pawn them off

Dallas paid him 3mil for no goals and 10 points. He was a -4. You think we should give JP 3mil this year?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Playing with calm professionals who speak his language would help him settle socially and give him more time and energy to focus on his on-ice issues.

50-60 points should not be out of the question. He has a wicked toolbox but has needed to focus (and fail) off-ice for a while and that hurts his confidence for sure.

That is a ridiculous assertion that a language barrier is preventing him from scoring 50-60 points.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Nich didn't score this year, Grigorenko is a third liner at best. You can get third liners for 2nd round picks

Take the 2nd, turn it into an actual 3rd liner not a guy who might be a good third liner in 3+ years

All in all, I'm not saying give up on the kid. Just if he is going to bail overseas, see if you can get a good or decent value trade for him before he does.

I think he is only worth a 2nd but some team could very well value him more.
Then why haven't the Oilers traded a 2nd for a good 3rd liner? The Oilers traded a 3rd for UFA Petrovic

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

No they don't. They didn't qualify him.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
That is a ridiculous assertion that a language barrier is preventing him from scoring 50-60 points.

LOL. No it isn't. I can say Hitch talked about Paajarvi back when in St Louis and said him not being able to understand sytems was hurting him

I listened to an interview from a NA player who went overseas and said he struggled. An assist coach told him he needed to stay there and acclimate and would help his game. He did and said the rewards were amazing

Language and not feeling isolated can have a huge impact on development

Reactions: mattihp and Aerrol

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
he is using this threat to push a trade. i dont blame him id want out of the oilers organization asap if i was him.

Doesn't seem like threatening to go to the KHL would be a very effective way to get traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad