Rumor: Pulju to KHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hope this is one of those 'where there's smoke' circumstances. If Jesse wants to be an NHL player for a long time, this would be the better path.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Sobotka, Nichushkin, Grigerenko.

Little faith at this point JP ever becomes a valuable player for us.

Whos the last player to go overseas and come back impactful?
Radulov but he spent like 8 years in KHL. Since coming back he posted 54, 72 and 72 pts seasons. Other than him and the living legend Jagr nobody has really gone to and comeback from Europe with any real impact.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
he is using this threat to push a trade. i dont blame him id want out of the oilers organization asap if i was him.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Radulov but he spent like 8 years in KHL. Since coming back he posted 54, 72 and 72 pts seasons. Other than him and the living legend Jagr nobody has really gone to and comeback from Europe with any real impact.
Radulov was also an impact player before he left, wasn't like he was a struggling mess

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Radulov was also an impact player before he left, wasn't like he was a struggling mess
He wasn’t a struggling mess on the ice but off the ice he sure was! Remember he spent all night partying before a playoff game? Lol

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I would rather like to see him go to a team with a couple of levelheaded finns and explode.

Nashville
Carolina
Dallas
Florida

Would be pretty nice options.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I would rather like to see him go to a team with a couple of levelheaded finns and explode.

Nashville
Carolina
Dallas
Florida

I don't think he will explodes anywhere really. He has the potential to be a very good third liner but his hockey IQ and from the looks of it, personality prevents him from being anything more.

Maybe if he ditched his agent he could develop better but his agent seems to be hampering that with how he is acting

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Might get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him
If that. 'Best for the team'. Lehto's an idiot.

When it comes to developing players, agents are counterproductive. They are focused on the shortest path to a paycheque--that's it. Lehto should look at Larionov's track record. How are his clients doing?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Not the same thing, Radulov bolted b/c of his attitude clashing with the organization. He was a legit player when he left.

The names I mentioned were players who struggled to translate their talent in the NHL. I can't think of another player who tried to go over seas to develop after struggling in the NHL, and came back impactful b/c of it

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If that. 'Best for the team'. Lehto's an idiot.

When it comes to developing players, agents are counterproductive. They are focused on the shortest path to a paycheque--that's it. Lehto should look at Larionov's track record. How are his clients doing?
Lehto thinks Puljujarvi is a 60 point player and is getting not enough ice time and is 100% NHL ready when he should be in the AHL developing. Lehto clearly is screwing him client over. There isn't a single team in the league not named Ottawa that would have Pulju in their top 6 right now

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Nashville
Carolina
Dallas
Florida

He'd have to make those teams first.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I dont know if I would say he doesnt want to be here but I do think that him and his agent think he deserves more than what hes been given. They want him in the top 6 and probably getting PP time. I think the coaches/management could of handled him better but at the same time, he hasnt shown much.

JP seems like a good kid but I do think that maybe he didnt get the best advice from his parents/agent growing up and within the first few years of him playing time. I think everyone in his camp thought it was going to be easier for him than what it actually has been. Team is to blame for sure, but I dont think they are looking at themselves enough imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille