Post-Game Talk: PS Game 4 - BRUINS 4 Philly 3 F/OT - Cassidy doesn’t think Krejci injury is serious

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The contract for Ritchie is $1 million one way, right? Bruins don’t want to waste the cap space - they’re penny lovers.
I know your were trying to work in the Lionel Richie reference. But there's literally no wasted cap space if they sent Ritchie to Providence. The cap hit relief is equal to this season's minimum salary (700K) + $375,000 or $1,075,000. Since Ritchie's salary is under that threshold, the entire salary is subject to cap hit relief.

Easy.
Now, as for this:
Exactly, they are not going to pay him a million a year in Providence without exhausting every possibility on the big team. I know it's not what people are hoping for or want to hear but it's only logical.
Different story. not wanting to pay a player big bucks in the AHL is different from wasting the cap space. This here. now that's an example of the bruins being Penny Lovers. ;)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It was fun. The lights out in the hall where you come in were so bright it hurt my eyes.

The seats are smaller but they were OK. They are grey not black. I don't care about the color.

It was nice to see some of the folks at the Garden. I saw DKH across the ice. Hi Dan !!!

Tuukka played well. Z looked OK. Marchy was very good. Not sure what happened to DK ???

The tunnel is no longer wide enough for the rolling stick rack (where all of the players sticks have always been stacked). The sticks were stacked along the wall next to us which won't work if the Dr. has to get out and into the tunnel.

My row used to have 8 seats but now has 10.

Bring on NJ.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I’m sure he will get it

Having him AND Backes makes no sense

Clearly the spot is for a forechecking big body RW extra forward

Cassidy comments were scripted in his mind about Ritchie

If I’m Backes and I get in my car I look in the back seat

I think you maybe right. Ritchie is here to replace Backes . Backes might be getting some encouragement to retire as you were suggesting in your other post.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zboril is a work in progress and is worth persevering with. He's dynamic and does some really good things along with the occasional mistake. But ever as a defender he needs to read the playbook on 'how not to be like David Pastrnak in early 2019' and remember to shoot. the. puck.

Coyle and Heinen both impressed again and once they are (hopefully) back together on the 3rd line will continue to develop into a great pair. They just need a genuine shooter to finish the trio, whether that's Bjork, Kuhlman or someone else.

Vladar did better than his stats will suggest. For most of his TOI he didn't get the same quality D that Rask did.
I’ll tell you what would be a heck of a line

DeBrusk-Coyle-Heinen

Epic

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It was fun. The lights out in the hall where you come in were so bright it hurt my eyes.

The seats are smaller but they were OK. They are grey not black. I don't care about the color.

It was nice to see some of the folks at the Garden. I saw DKH across the ice. Hi Dan !!!

Tuukka played well. Z looked OK. Marchy was very good. Not sure what happened to DK ???

The tunnel is no longer wide enough for the rolling stick rack (where all of the players sticks have always been stacked). The sticks were stacked along the wall next to us which won't work if the Dr. has to get out and into the tunnel.

My row used to have 8 seats but now has 10.

Bring on NJ.
I texted you not sure what happened

I’ll be there with early HF Years legend Chris Gorsik on Wednesday

Kid on Saturday- she’s in Florida (we will be over)

Reactions: CDJ

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
My eyes might by lying but I thought Vaak was very good. Telegraphed some passes but that’s fixable. Needs some time getting big minutes in North American ice in Providence, I’ll admit.

Zboril looked like he has NHL tools but the simple game they have him playing seems to mute them. I guess he is keeping it simple because they don’t trust his IQ, but really limits his upside. Not as high on his game as others posting.

Coyle was very good but they missed Krejci and Bergeron between the bluelines. so badly want Frederic to join the mold of difficult to play against centers that Coyle and Kuraly currently hold.

Cliffy hockey is fun hockey.

Can we cut Petro yet?

cant believe Backes has another year after this one. He is done.

so glad Krejci is ok.

My confidence in Vladar was very low.

Lauko I like, but don’t see top 6 in his future.

Heinen is going to have a huge year.

Ritchie is not.

Love the scoreboard.

Reactions: bbfan419

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Nice OT win. I don't put much faith in pre-season games. They are not a guide to the regular season. Too many variables.

Reactions: BMC

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I really liked the way Zboril was pinching tonight and kept trying to make plays and push the pace, especially in the third. Reminded me a little of how McAvoy plays when we need a goal.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I didn’t see Coyle play before he came to the Bruins but when I look at his career stats I am kind of puzzled as to why this guy hasn’t been more impactful. From what I see he could easily be a top 6 forward on this team .

Late bloomer. Try and use this to get him signed BEFORE the season.

Given the fact that DK and Bergy have already had injury concerns he might be playing center in the top 6 more than we think (and getting PP time) and the price on his next contract will only go up. Imagine what hes gonna cost if PB or DK miss 40 games and he produces in that spot?

The center prospects have done nothing in camp which makes it even more important to retain Coyle at a team friendly number.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Did they confirm more cuts were coming today?
Curious what they do if Krejci can't start the year, I know they said it's not serious but what exactly does that mean? Coyle would naturally move up to 2c, does Kuraly move to 3c and plug Frederic in as 4c?

If everyone is healthy and ready to go to start the season, I hope they try this:
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Steen
Wagner-Kuraly-Ritchie
Backes

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Wags and Kuraly look so comfortable together and with Nordy that makes one of the best 4th lines. Bergy and Nordy should be ready both have been skating with the club since the 14th. Kuhlman with probably be on the 2nd line and Bjork on the 3rd line. Team looks set, too bad for Steen and Lauko they have looked good. Backes as the 13th player.

I agreed with everything until I read 13th forward thingy.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Did they confirm more cuts were coming today?
Curious what they do if Krejci can't start the year, I know they said it's not serious but what exactly does that mean? Coyle would naturally move up to 2c, does Kuraly move to 3c and plug Frederic in as 4c?

If everyone is healthy and ready to go to start the season, I hope they try this:
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Steen
Wagner-Kuraly-Ritchie
Backes
Nordstrom in Backes out.

Reactions: bbfan419

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I’m not kidding - I went in thinking this is Al Petersen 2.0 and I did a 180.

He’s a good skater, plays hard, works on clearing the net area

Just me but I sign him for depth

Zboril was very good - he was very good the playoff game I saw last season

I’d play him next two games- Chara doesn’t need to play them

I want more look

He looks bigger than I recall...

How did Chara look to you? Too me, if he's standing still it's ugly to watch. One of my all time favourite bruin players should be on the bottom end D this year and used extensively on pk.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
A few thoughts on the D-
I thought Vaak had a tough go last night. He was separated from the puck far too many times. At times seemed to opt for the tricky play rather than the safe play and it burned him. I will say it was already tough enough covering for Petrovic. But you have to cover your own as well.

Like I said last night- We've seen enough of Petrovic and Didier. At times I couldn't tell which was which until I saw their number. They both looked shaky coming out of their own end. Not quick enough in transition at all.

I thought Zboril looked solid last night. I hope we see a little more of him before the end of camp.

Chara needs more preseasoning. Not too concerned though.

Cliffy hockey looked a lot more poised last night. I only remember one sort of bad play where he picked the wrong time to pinch and the Flyers came back 4 on 1. Luckily the flyer transitioning the puck sent out some chunky sauce to his teammate and negated the rush.

Reactions: BMC

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Thought Clifton was the only good dman last night TBH.

Marchand and Pasta already look electric.

Coyle is going to have a career year and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get an extension to bridge the gap.

Lauko I thought was great. He’s so fast and backchecks really hard. He also scored an awesome goal. I do see top 6 in his future just needs a bit more seasoning.

Kuraly and Wags played how you have grown to expect them to.

Heinen to me looks like the most ready to start the season. I think they even had him out there at center for a shift or two after Krejci went down.

Everyone else was one big yawn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad