Post-Game Talk: PS Game 4 - BRUINS 4 Philly 3 F/OT - Cassidy doesn’t think Krejci injury is serious

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Steen is going down because he doesn't need to clear. Lindholm will be interesting, especially with Krecji banged up. I think he is definitely the 5th center at this point, unless they move Wagner to the middle but I doubt it. Why won't they give Coyle-Heinen-Wagner a go on line 3? Wags can obviously score and his hands are above average while being able to muck it up.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Steen is going down because he doesn't need to clear. Lindholm will be interesting, especially with Krecji banged up. I think he is definitely the 5th center at this point, unless they move Wagner to the middle but I doubt it. Why won't they give Coyle-Heinen-Wagner a go on line 3? Wags can obviously score and his hands are above average while being able to muck it up.

I find Lindholm intriguing.

Though his production was not good, there were a few times I saw him play where he really looked like a talented player when he had the puck.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Wow. Be thankful we have a guy like Pastrnak.

I certainly am. I think everyone here is - Pasta's a fantastic player with great character. But that doesn't put him above critique, or assessment of how he can make his game even better.

He's an A-grade talent who makes brilliant plays and is great to watch, and I don't for a second doubt his commitment. I don't mind him trying the odd speculative or creative pass or play because there's definitely a place for those. I'd just like to see him be a little harder and more careful with the puck, and a bit more accountable for it, especially in the D zone and on the offensive blue line. And a little wiser as to how he reads the play and what the opposition is throwing at him. Scoring points at one end isn't a license to give them up at the other.

It's great how good a player and contributor he already is, but he can still improve and I think we just all want to see him fully maximise his potential. In the first half of last season he was flying and had clearly taken a step forward in his play. But then he got injured and when he came back he just wasn't quite the same. There were still some great moments but he was inconsistent and less secure and confident with the puck. That was both understandable and excusable since by all accounts he wasn't fully fit. The hope now is he can put that behind him and we can start to really see the Pasta we saw 12 months ago, or one that is better still.

I think he can achieve that. But it won't be by allowing the couple of bad habits that have crept into his game to continue, or by just accepting that the opposition are going to keep gunning for him without coming up with some sort of strategy to counter it. Obviously nothing we say here will have any impact, I just hope that he and the coaching staff are working on those things. We have a lot of smart people in there, so I reckon they'll be on to it. :thumbu:

Reactions: JOKER 192

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I certainly am. I think everyone here is - Pasta's a fantastic player with great character. But that doesn't put him above critique, or assessment of how he can make his game even better.

He's an A-grade talent who makes brilliant plays and is great to watch, and I don't for a second doubt his commitment. I don't mind him trying the odd speculative or creative pass or play because there's definitely a place for those. I'd just like to see him be a little harder and more careful with the puck, and a bit more accountable for it, especially in the D zone and on the offensive blue line. And a little wiser as to how he reads the play and what the opposition is throwing at him. Scoring points at one end isn't a license to give them up at the other.

It's great how good a player and contributor he already is, but he can still improve and I think we just all want to see him fully maximise his potential. In the first half of last season he was flying and had clearly taken a step forward in his play. But then he got injured and when he came back he just wasn't quite the same. There were still some great moments but he was inconsistent and less secure and confident with the puck. That was both understandable and excusable since by all accounts he wasn't fully fit. The hope now is he can put that behind him and we can start to really see the Pasta we saw 12 months ago, or one that is better still.

I think he can achieve that. But it won't be by allowing the couple of bad habits that have crept into his game to continue, or by just accepting that the opposition are going to keep gunning for him without coming up with some sort of strategy to counter it. Obviously nothing we say here will have any impact, I just hope that he and the coaching staff are working on those things. We have a lot of smart people in there, so I reckon they'll be on to it. :thumbu:
That's a very delicate sugary coating way to put it.
Now try to justify Ritchie on top 6 RW. :D

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That's a very delicate sugary coating way to put it.
Now try to justify Ritchie on top 6 RW. :D

You're not wrong. Just really trying to stress that you can like a player and think him valuable while still seeing things that he can and should improve on.

Ritchie, no chance. Abe Lincoln himself in vintage 1858 debating form couldn't justify that one!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad