Post-Game Talk: PS Game 4 - BRUINS 4 Philly 3 F/OT - Cassidy doesn’t think Krejci injury is serious

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-9-23_21-43-28.png

upload_2019-9-23_21-43-53.png

upload_2019-9-23_21-44-26.png

upload_2019-9-23_21-44-55.png

10102014_Froggy_Free_Beer.jpg

upload_2019-9-23_19-0-56.png

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Wags and Kuraly look so comfortable together and with Nordy that makes one of the best 4th lines. Bergy and Nordy should be ready both have been skating with the club since the 14th. Kuhlman with probably be on the 2nd line and Bjork on the 3rd line. Team looks set, too bad for Steen and Lauko they have looked good. Backes as the 13th player.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
lots of guys I wouldnt freak out if I saw them in the lineup this year... we are DEEP!!!

honestly, I am still a supporter of brett Ritchie... I was hoping he would just grab the bull by the horns and we'd all be loving this guy already. if people remember when Charlie coyle joined the team midseason last year he was being crapped on after a month too... sometimes these type of players are a bit streaky and you have to look at their raw tools almost as much as their most recent game.

of course, I dont think theres room for both Ritchie and david backes to be playing the same time and backes doesnt look like hes going on ltir after all. we can afford him... hes here... hes going to play... and tonight he looked fine for a 3rd/4th line option

loved what I saw of lauko... but where is the room for him to play? hes not going to play ahead of marchand/debrusk/Heinen on our left side. luckily at his age, some time in the minors is probably helpeful

from what I saw of steen this preseason having him and lauko both in the system will probably make Heinen expendable this time next year though... its very nice problem to have with so many guys that are deserving of nhl jobs.

I think Bjork didnt play tonight but he's been so good this preseason... he has to get the top rw spot available I would think... and then the second rw spot is looking to go backes but we wouldnt want backes playing 80 games so that leaves room for the 13th forward to play

my lineup if everyone is healthy based on the 4 preseason games to date

pastrnak/Bergeron/marchand
Bjork/krejci/debrusk {pastrnak and Bjork probably switch a lot if the lines are struggling}
backes/coyle/Heinen {I guess Ritchie probably starts the year as 13th forward and rotates in}
wagner/kuraly/nordstrom
Lindholm/Ritchie {Lindholm is a utility jackknife and wont be harmed by sitting in pressbox}

sadly the biggest cut is kuhlman who I love but he is waiver exempt and I think he starts in providence at least unless Ritchie runs out of chances and gets cut.

on blueline... its pretty set I think
krug/chara/grezlyck are all going to get roughly equal time on left side
McAvoy/carlo are the big 2 on right and Clifton is a great little option on 3rd pair

kampfer is signed at a smart price to be the 7th dman

miller/moore are the expensive 5th wheels... but the team isnt rushed to make any bad trades. we have the space to carry 8 dman if necessary. I think we will wait until we get a good offer and then both miller/moore will get shipped out something this year

I want to see all of vaakanainen/lauzon/zboril get a taste of nhl action this year so defense is soooo deep

in goal there was never any doubt who our starters would be... but I guess we all wish vladar was having a better showing. luckily swayman is looking very good... but I always temper my expectations of young goalies based on a few good games. it wasnt that long ago I had hannu toivonen headed to the hall of fame, so you just never know.

all in all, im so happy to be watching the games this year. unlike the last 6 years im not in a position to afford nhl center ice this year but sportshub is now available in Canada so I can listen to the games which is great and ive found free streams for all 4 preseason games so far as well. it is possible for those of you out there who are as cash strapped as I am

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad