Post-Game Talk: PS Game 4 - BRUINS 4 Philly 3 F/OT - Cassidy doesn’t think Krejci injury is serious

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don't care in pre-season games per say, I prefer he turn away than get injured in that case . The problem is that it likely will transfer into the regular season where it is a problem and if he doesn't bite back the target on his back will just keep getting bigger.
Definitely.
Did it in playoffs and pre season, will definitely do it again in regular season.
I'm sure coaching staff are still working on it.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Expecting a big year from Coyle, a contract year.
Pretty sure Sweeney will have him under wrap before playoffs begin.

Reactions: bbfan419

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Expecting a big year from Coyle, a contract year.
Pretty sure Sweeney will have him under wrap before playoffs begin.

So am I. He really impressed in the PO's and has looked good so far in camp. A lot of people call this soft because he doesn't hit much. Well, he may not hit much but he sure can take a hit, I don't see that as soft. Hard guy to take the puck away from that's for sure.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So am I. He really impressed in the PO's and has looked good so far in camp. A lot of people call this soft because he doesn't hit much. Well, he may not hit much but he sure can take a hit, I don't see that as soft. Hard guy to take the puck away from that's for sure.

A lot of people are calling Coyle soft?

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
And keep seeing even in pre season games.

Actually, I think Pasta (and Marchand) often turn over the puck not due to intimidation, but because they try to get away with more low percentage plays than most guys. Its got to be tough for Cassidy to allow them the freedom to keep creative, while at the same time keeping them playing smart hockey.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Actually, I think Pasta (and Marchand) often turn over the puck not due to intimidation, but because they try to get away with more low percentage plays than most guys. Its got to be tough for Cassidy to allow them the freedom to keep creative, while at the same time keeping them playing smart hockey.
In part yes. Also on first Philly goal was the same Pasta set up for a nice goal against.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Pasta's a PPG player in the playoffs. Does he make risky decisions with the puck? He sure does. But he's still a top 5 RW in the game right now and part of the reason why he's so great is his high risk style of play. I would like to think some of that gets cleaned up as he matures as a player; he's still just 23 years old. The kid had a shot at 50 goals/100 points this year if it wasn't for the thumb injury. IMO, it's easy to overlook some of the few things he does poorly just because of how great he is at the things he brings to the table.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Did they confirm more cuts were coming today?
Curious what they do if Krejci can't start the year, I know they said it's not serious but what exactly does that mean? Coyle would naturally move up to 2c, does Kuraly move to 3c and plug Frederic in as 4c?

If everyone is healthy and ready to go to start the season, I hope they try this:
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Steen
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordy
Rirchie/Backes

If everyone is healthy - there is no way anyone takes Nordy's spot on the 4th line. Especially slow as mud players Backes or Ritchie. None of them can do the PK. Cassidy relies on Nordy for the PK a lot.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Pasta's a PPG player in the playoffs. Does he make risky decisions with the puck? He sure does. But he's still a top 5 RW in the game right now and part of the reason why he's so great is his high risk style of play. I would like to think some of that gets cleaned up as he matures as a player; he's still just 23 years old. The kid had a shot at 50 goals/100 points this year if it wasn't for the thumb injury. IMO, it's easy to overlook some of the few things he does poorly just because of how great he is at the things he brings to the table.
Hopefully it's just a glitch that will be cleaned up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->