Post-Game Talk: PS #6: Bruins @ Rangers

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The Girardi pinch down low is something he didn't really start doing in earnest until the Washington series last year. Glad to see he's planning on continuing it.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The Girardi pinch down low is something he didn't really start doing in earnest until the Washington series last year. Glad to see he's planning on continuing it.

Encouraging to see. G is a LOT more valuable if he starts consciously working to keep plays alive on offense.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Final Thoughts:

1. McIlrath should make this team, he deserves it. He made everyone who talked bad about him (myself included) put their foot in their mouths
2. Lindberg has solidified a role in this top 9.
3. Apparently, nobody stepped up and took the 2nd RW spot
4. Boyle is aging
5. Staal and Klein need to get into midseason form fast (within a week)
6. Etem/Moore/Stoll/Fast 3 of these 4 should make up the 4th line, the other is the 13th (Stoll or Etem)
7. Glass needs to leave

Final predictions

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Miller-Lindberg-Stalberg
Etem-Moore-Fast
Stoll

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Klein
Staal-Boyle
McIlrath

Lundqvist
Raanta

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
No one stepped up and took the 2RW spot, but I actually think that we looked at that wrong anyway. I think Miller stepped up and took the 2LW spot and Kreider-Stepan-Nash is our first line.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Uh, you're just flat out incorrect.

How am I incorrect?

He hasn't done S**t. Other than his draft status he hasn't shown that he belongs on an NHL roster. He could barely crack the Ducks 4th line nevermind the Rangers..

Glass at least had a few shots on goal which is a ton more than Etem's done. He loses the puck when you blink at him..Stooop!

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
We're all ageing.

Boyle would have to play terrible to lose his spot in the lineup IMO

Completely agree. And we'd have to have someone capable to fill in for him, and than have someone capable of being the 7th. So, it's unlikely.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
No one stepped up and took the 2RW spot, but I actually think that we looked at that wrong anyway. I think Miller stepped up and took the 2LW spot and Kreider-Stepan-Nash is our first line.

We'll see soon, wouldn't mind that

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

I still think Miller takes it all day long.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Any mention of when final cuts will be made?

Line combinations for next wednesday are released that day, correct?

Last edited:

Wolfy*

We'll see soon, wouldn't mind that

You have seen already. The Nash-Brass-Zucc line is the only one at this point ready for Oct.7th...according to AV.

I'd say Miller outplayed Hayes and will be the last top 6 guy, in with Step and Kreids.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
You have seen already. The Nash-Brass-Zucc line is the only one at this point ready for Oct.7th...according to AV.

I'd say Miller outplayed Hayes and will be the last top 6 guy, in with Step and Kreids.

He kinda backtracked on that but we'll find out soon enough

LGR

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
How am I incorrect?

He hasn't done S**t. Other than his draft status he hasn't shown that he belongs on an NHL roster. He could barely crack the Ducks 4th line nevermind the Rangers..

Glass at least had a few shots on goal which is a ton more than Etem's done. He loses the puck when you blink at him..Stooop!

He's literally a lesser version of Hagelin. Which means he's a solid bottom-six option. Come on, bro.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
He's literally a lesser version of Hagelin. Which means he's a solid bottom-six option. Come on, bro.

ECL.. With all due respect. He couldn't even hold Hags jock strap. He brings absolutely nothing to this team..

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Staal started out last season very slow, looks like he'll do it again this year.

From what I saw this preseason of Etem, he really didn't earn a spot. He didn't do anything special, showed no real strengths, he was just kinda there. Forget about Glass (he's ECHL level), but I think Etem was outplayed by Gibbons and Megna. His draft position and supposed potential will assure him more chances, but I'm rather skeptical.

On D I think McI is a no brainer over Diaz who really is dime a dozen. Diaz' shot on the PP is nice, but he wouldn't even be on it unless there are multiple injuries.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
ECL.. With all due respect. He couldn't even hold Hags jock strap. He brings absolutely nothing to this team..

One of the most ignorant things i have seen all preseason. Kid has a ton of talent. Big frame, speed, strong along the boards and in the corners which has made him effective in working pucks along tbe boards to point men and in the cycle game. He made some nice reads tonight getting back when he saw his defenseman pinching. He played a smart game. It is very immature and premature to label Etem anything to this point. He still has had only 4 games here in AVs system...and all the while he (like most players here) have been bouncing around the lines only for him he is new to the organization (unlike Lindberg) or an NHL vet (unlike Stoll).

Last edited by a moderator:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
One of the most ignorant things i have seen all preseason. Kid has a ton of talent. Big frame, speed, strong along the boards and in the corners which has made him effective in working pucks along tbe boards to point men and in the cycle game. He made some nice reads tonight getting back when he saw his defenseman pinching. He played a smart game. It is very immature and premature to label Etem anything to this point. He still has had only 4 games here in AVs system...and all the while he (like most players here) have been bouncing around the lines only for him he is new to the organization (unlike Lindberg) or an NHL vet (unlike Stoll).

I second this and agree with your entire post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad