Post-Game Talk: PS #6: Bruins @ Rangers

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
qEj4xHG.gif

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
the bergs look good in a real good way. The final roster this year is probably the most interesting in a few years.

*Bob Richards*

What a team.

What a ride.

What a time.

2015 Preseason 3 on 3 OT Demonstration Tie

This one will last a lifetime.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
That OT was disgusting beyond belief.

Overall a very meh game. Atrocious first period, better second and third period.

Hopefully we'll do better once regular season starts.

The big question will become what happens to McI/Diaz. I hope McI stays, but the way they were playing Diaz in situations they weren't for McI, it might be curtains for McI on this team.

I really hope Glass gets waived.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Overall a very meh game. Atrocious first period, better second and third period.

The big question will become what happens to McI/Diaz. I hope McI stays, but the way they were playing Diaz in situations they weren't for McI, it might be curtains for McI on this team.

McIlrath definitely looked like the better player but Diaz has a few things going for him depending on how they want to build the team:

1. They're comfortable with him playing both sides which makes him an easier fill in if theres an injury

2. He's more of a shooter/PP guy which is a harder spot to fill than a PK guy.

I hope they keep McIlrath but I'm not sure which way they will go.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Which situations outside of the 3 on 3?

Think Diaz is def gone if they don't keep 8D. McI has been far superior to Diaz 5 on 5.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Not sure any bubble guys really "stood out", bit of a tough decision for the coaches I think

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
McIlrath definitely looked like the better player but Diaz has a few things going for him depending on how they want to build the team:

1. They're comfortable with him playing both sides which makes him an easier fill in if theres an injury

2. He's more of a shooter/PP guy which is a harder spot to fill than a PK guy.

I hope they keep McIlrath but I'm not sure which way they will go.

These are my hesitations as well, and why I think Diaz remains on the team and they try to trade or waive McIlrath and pray.

I hope my gut is wrong.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Staal and Klein--a really rough first period. They settled down after that at least until Boston scored late.

Rangers got outworked for a good portion of the game.

McIlrath I thought was solid again. I like the edge he brings. Bruins players had to keep their heads up. Dylan played 5 preseason games without making one major mistake and you can't say that for a lot of the other D.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Which situations outside of the 3 on 3?

Think Diaz is def gone if they don't keep 8D. McI has been far superior to Diaz 5 on 5.

I just don't see Gorton and Clark dumping McIlrath when he clearly figures in the long-term plans of this team, especially is cap era.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Sorry I wasn't around tonight, I'm under the weather.

I thought parts of that game were ugly, but we got better in the 3rd.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I still think the best move would be to trade Klein for some picks and go with McI and Diaz. Diaz is only 29, so it's not like he's on old fart, I can see him signing a 2 or 3 year deal with us for cheap. And we have a ton of guys we need to deal with in the upcoming offseason, so the extra cap space would be more than welcome. As much as that makes sense, I'm really not sure that'll happen :-/

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Staal and Klein--a really rough first period. They settled down after that at least until Boston scored late.

Rangers got outworked for a good portion of the game.

McIlrath I thought was solid again. I like the edge he brings. Bruins players had to keep their heads up. Dylan played 5 preseason games without making one major mistake and you can't say that for a lot of the other D.

They were both pretty brutal the whole game through.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
These are my hesitations as well, and why I think Diaz remains on the team and they try to trade or waive McIlrath and pray.

I hope my gut is wrong.

Are we not able to send Diaz down to the AHL? Or is it just a risk that he'll decide to leave for Switzerland?

I still think the best move would be to trade Klein for some picks and go with McI and Diaz. Diaz is only 29, so it's not like he's on old fart, I can see him signing a 2 or 3 year deal with us for cheap. And we have a ton of guys we need to deal with in the upcoming offseason, so the extra cap space would be more than welcome. As much as that makes sense, I'm really not sure that'll happen :-/

Absolutely agree with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad