Post-Game Talk: PS #6: Bruins @ Rangers

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Etem trade was good. Rangers needed cap space and went for the guy that might break out. Teams probably knew Rangers were desperate to make space (hopefully to resign Yandle).

If that's the case, though, the Staal contract makes no sense. IDK! Guess I'm just rambling :laugh:

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
That's what the AHL is for and if he gets claimed so be it. This isn't a test experiment.

The Rangers are the finished product and you need to be able to play before you can make it to this level. The season starts Weds and they have to do what's best for the team. Only the best players should be iced.

You can't just put wins, developing chemistry and success moving forward, on a shelf just to accommodate Etem and his supposed "potential"

I think everyone would agree with you if there were 12 guys that were clearly better than Etem.

There's not. He's somewhere in the 10-12 range of talent on this team, offensively speaking.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Just waive Etem and if he gets claimed so be it? That is the most illogical thing i have seen in quite some time. Cannot believe i read that in the last page or so...but then again I probably should expect it. That's right give up on a 23 year old skilled forward after 4 preseason games. Makes a whole lot of sense...

RGY

Since you're replying to my post, why is it that you conveniently choose not to address anything on it?

What skill exactly are you talking about? He hasn't shown anything in SoCal and he certainly hasn't shown anything here.

Your argument is that he needs time to learn the system. How many years has he spent in the Ducks organization learning the system and yet still couldn't cement even a 4 line spot on the big club?

Stop acting like this kid is McDavid. It's getting ridiculous..

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
RGY

Since you're replying to my post, why is it that you conveniently choose not to address anything on it?

What skill exactly are you talking about? He hasn't shown anything in SoCal and he certainly hasn't shown anything here.

Your argument is that he needs time to learn the system. How many years has he spent in the Ducks organization learning the system and yet still couldn't cement even a 4 line spot on the big club?

Stop acting like this kid is McDavid. It's getting ridiculous..

The funny thing is no one is acting like he is McDavid. I think the problem lies in the fact you're expecting him to be some offensive prowess scoring machine who's a freak of an offensive talent.

We're paying him $800,000. This needs to enter into your assessment of him somewhere.

I think everyone else (most) has rationalized out the fact that him making 800K could potentially be decent value for a guy who should put near a .3ppg mark.

We're not paying him to make a huge difference offensively. We shouldn't expect him to make a huge difference offensively.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I think everyone would agree with you if there were 12 guys that were clearly better than Etem.

There's not. He's somewhere in the 10-12 range of talent on this team, offensively speaking.

Most are gonna think I'm crazy but honestly, I'll take Glass in the line up over Etem.

You can add Magna, Gibbons or Borque which I easily take over Etem even with the size difference.

Nothing personal against Etem. I just don't think he's a fit on this team.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Most are gonna think I'm crazy but honestly, I'll take Glass in the line up over Etem.

You can add Magna, Gibbons or Borque which I easily take over Etem even with the size difference.

It's personal.

He's young. He's in communications with the coaches about how to get better. He's got speed. He can hit. He can provide offense in flares.

Those are the qualities you want out of a winger who you are essentially giving the NHL minimum

Last edited:

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015

"That's what the AHL is for and if he gets claimed so be it. This isn't a test experiment.

The Rangers are the finished product and you need to be able to play before you can make it to this level."

This was your post on the last page.

Megna, Gibbons and Bourque don't even fit the logic that you provided us. They would all be "test experiments". None of them, although they played well, showed they can "make it at this level"

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This game was more proof, as if we ever needed it, that Staal and Klein should never ever ever be together. Ever.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
This game was more proof, as if we ever needed it, that Staal and Klein should never ever ever be together. Ever.

It's preseason hockey.

I know it sounds crazy to you to think this, but guys are more concerned about not getting injured than they are the final score. As they should be. (Kreider not giving a rats ass after he scored the game tying goal in the final minute, should be a hint)

These games mean ****

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
It's personal.

He's young. He's in communications with the coaches about how to get better. He's got speed. He can hit. He can provide offense in flares.

That's the qualities you want out of a winger who you are giving essentially the NHL minimum

The player himself is not personal what so ever. However when people pencil him onto the 2nd line without knowing anything about his game then attacking my post saying otherwise is. Now making my point is personal and everything I've said was and is true up to date.

"That's what the AHL is for and if he gets claimed so be it. This isn't a test experiment.

The Rangers are the finished product and you need to be able to play before you can make it to this level."

This was your post on the last page.

Megna, Gibbons and Bourque don't even fit the logic that you provided us

Each one of those players showed more than Etem plain and simple. Seems pretty logical to me..

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
The player himself is not personal what so ever. However when people pencil him onto the 2nd line without knowing anything about his game then attacking my post saying otherwise is. Now making my point is personal and everything I've said was and is true up to date.

Each one of those players showed more than Etem plain and simple. Seems pretty logical to me..

They also showed more than Hayes. So according to you it'd be logical to give one of those guys a shot over Hayes?

It's preseason hockey man. The 12 best performers of preseason hockey are not the 12 best National Hockey League players in the Rangers organization.

According to the preseason Oscar Lindberg is a better NHLer than Rick Nash.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's preseason hockey.

I know it sounds crazy to you to think this, but guys are more concerned about not getting injured than they are the final score. As they should be. (Kreider not giving a rats ass after he scored the game tying goal in the final minute, should be a hint)

These games mean ****

They're garbage on fire together in playoff games too.

Neither one of them can move the puck at all.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
They also showed more than Hayes. So according to you it'd be logical to give one of those guys a shot over Hayes?

It's preseason hockey man. The 12 best performers of preseason hockey are not the 12 best National Hockey League players in the Rangers organization.

According to the preseason Oscar Lindberg is a better NHLer than Rick Nash.

No offence but that's a bogus argument.

Hayes is coming off a great season and earned his spot in the line up.

Etem has done s**t up to this point in his career and I highly doubt that changes in the future.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
No offence but that's a bogus argument.

Hayes is coming off a great season and earned his spot in the line up.

Etem has done s**t up to this point in his career and I highly doubt that changes in the future.

Trust me when I tell you that there is none taken

Agree to disagree

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
C'mon, that is classic Lundqvist. He stands on his head for 99% of the game and let's a bad one in. At least he got it out of the way early in the game and not vice versa.

This is classic --any goalie in the game, less so Hank because his stats have been better than 99% of goalies in the league since 2006--.

It happens. Especially when the Shell of Marc Staal and Kevin Klein are on the ice together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad