Post-Game Talk: PS #6: Bruins @ Rangers

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
fair enough. he needs games. i agree but, he looks alot like the same player he was in socal.

not sure what you think more time will do. his skating looks fine. his legs look fresh, he's healthy and seems to have settled in. sure he's with a new organization bit hockeys hockey.

the stuff I'm not seeing- the intuitive play, the feel for the puck (like lindbergs shown) the ability to get involved offensively and look involved (like mcilraths shown), thats been lacking.

and when you talk to ducks fan, they felt the same way. lacking hockey acumen.

not sure these things can be blamed on "new team/needs time".

Totally agreed.

In response to Inferno, I will only speak for myself, but the reason I am not willing to give Etem (who I will refer to as Edumb moving forward) the benefit of the doubt is because I have seen him play at every level. I'm not just judging him from preseason, he's been this way his entire career. He has next to no hockey sense.

It's frustrating, this team needed to get smarter and they added two brainless guys with zero toolbox in him and Stalberg.

I am rooting for both of them, but I don't think either acquisition was a smart move. For every Pouliot there are 10 Enver Lisins (sorry ODC, can't play favorites here).

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Totally agreed.

In response to Inferno, I will only speak for myself, but the reason I am not willing to give Etem (who I will refer to as Edumb moving forward) the benefit of the doubt is because I have seen him play at every level. I'm not just judging him from preseason, he's been this way his entire career. He has next to no hockey sense.

It's frustrating, this team needed to get smarter and they added two brainless guys with zero toolbox in him and Stalberg.

I am rooting for both of them, but I don't think either acquisition was a smart move. For every Pouliot there are 10 Enver Lisins (sorry ODC, can't play favorites here).

Wish we still had Hagelin in place of Etem, but it is what it is. Salary cap is a *****.

Wolfy*

Question is how smart that hit was when you end up in the box. Dylan wasted 7 minutes he could've used to impress the coaches.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Question is how smart that hit was when you end up in the box. Dylan wasted 7 minutes he could've used to impress the coaches.

That hit shouldn't have been a penalty and the fight was against a guy who ran into Hank a few minutes prior. I doubt the coaches really had a problem with that.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Thanks Man.

Appreciate it. Good to see.

No worries as you can see it was a relatively clean hit and really awful call by the ref.

Also Hank pretty much confirmed what anyone that appreciates another player sticking up for a teammate thinks. There's no way the coaches didn't think likewise even if they're are the world's biggest pansy, which Av and Ulf clearly aren't:
"I think Mac's been playing great and he's a guy that can do a lot of different things, stepping in and taking care of business sometimes," Lundqvist said of McIlrath. "I like the way he plays. He plays hard and he works hard and I think he's improved his game a lot."

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Well first off, that wasn't a penalty. The ref made a jackass out of himself and called it from the other side of the rink when the referee right in front of it with a perfect view kept his arm down on the clean hit, probably that referees last game before being sent back to the AHL.

And second, he faught a guy who just ran into Lundqvist, which is a nice message to send players from doing it again, same as the monster, CLEAN, hit on Rinaldo who ran Lundqvist earlier.

I think that will impress the coaches greatly. He isnt just dropping the gloves to drop the gloves anymore, he is picking his fights perfectly. Where was Diaz when Lundqvist was getting run?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

The hit was totally clean so it was very smart. It also let Rinaldo know that someone is keeping tabs on his idiocy, and it's someone who is capable of taking his number down and wrecking him later over it.

The fight wasn't the smartest, but it also wasn't meaningless. He started going after Rinaldo and then he got into it with the guy who ran Hank earlier. Given that it's preseason, I think it was actually a good spot to drop them and send an important message, but if it were regular season id have prefered that he didn't take himself out for 5 minutes over it.

Anyway I think the hit in particular did impress the coaches. AV and Ulf both get the physical and agitating aspects of the game, and anyone can see on replay that the hit was clean. The fight they may not have loved but if it gave Hank some peace of mind they probably value that.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
No worries as you can see it was a relatively clean hit and really awful call by the ref.

Also Hank pretty much confirmed what anyone that appreciates another player sticking up for a teammate thinks. There's no way the coaches didn't think likewise even if they're are the world's biggest pansy, which Av and Ulf clearly aren't:
The Hank seal of approval should mean a lot to both management and the fans imo

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
You know that Mcilraths total cap hit is only 100k more than Glass' overage. Trade Glass at a loss and I'd love to see Mac rotate with Klein and Boyle and be paired with yandle while keeping Diaz for insurance.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The refs will call that every time. Rinaldo was being occupied by Zucc when Dylan blew him up.
The hit itself seemed ok though. And I like that the Rangers will be that much tougher to play against.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
You know that Mcilraths total cap hit is only 100k more than Glass' overage. Trade Glass at a loss and I'd love to see Mac rotate with Klein and Boyle and be paired with yandle while keeping Diaz for insurance.

Maybe a Klein+Glass package could fetch a late-first-rounder?

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com

Bro i am really getting fed up with the misunderstanding of team sports. Listen yes he missed 7 mins of a pre season game. Would u rather have Hank miss 6 months the next time a idiot goon take a run at him? For years no one had the balls to stick up for the boards pet Hank..Now we have someone and people find fault in him

Wolfy*

Bro i am really getting fed up with the misunderstanding of team sports. Listen yes he missed 7 mins of a pre season game. Would u rather have Hank miss 6 months the next time a idiot goon take a run at him? For years no one had the balls to stick up for the boards pet Hank..Now we have someone and people find fault in him

By all means, I've always been in favor of physical play, calling this team soft.

But it was an exhibition game, and players like Dylan should spend zero time in the box. However, I do get the picture of him standing up for Hank, which is great.

Question is what the coaches look at, the penalties, or the play behind them. We'll see if it will help or hurt his chances.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Just waive Etem and if he gets claimed so be it? That is the most illogical thing i have seen in quite some time. Cannot believe i read that in the last page or so...but then again I probably should expect it. That's right give up on a 23 year old skilled forward after 4 preseason games. Makes a whole lot of sense...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Where was Diaz when Lundqvist was getting run?

Literally averted his eyes and avoided Randall after that goalie interference call lol

Like, I"m not reallllly getting on Diaz for that but it was funny that yeah he really did just straight up avoid Randall and not look at him

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
If the alternative weren't Glass I wouldn't lose sleep over waiving Etem.

He played this way in juniors too. And at the WJC. The difference being at that level his speed and size were enough to overcome his tunnel vision. It's been 5 years since he was drafted and he still struggles mightily anytime he has to make east-west plays of any sort.

He's a bigger Enver Lisin. He will stay, mostly because management can't admit to the Hagelin trade being botched, but if he is a contributor in a significant way I will be surprised.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
By all means, I've always been in favor of physical play, calling this team soft.

But it was an exhibition game, and players like Dylan should spend zero time in the box. However, I do get the picture of him standing up for Hank, which is great.

Question is what the coaches look at, the penalties, or the play behind them. We'll see if it will help or hurt his chances.

I think Mac did a good job picking his spot there. Last preseason, he was trying to do that every game, which lead to him being in the box more than on the ice.

This year, he let his play do the talking in the early games. Rinaldo was running around like an ******* two preseason games in a row, and he runs into Hank? **** that. I think the coaches we're fine with the hit. He already showed he could play hockey; in this game, he showed the coaches he be the enforcer if need be.

7 mins lost in a preseason game shouldnt make or break his chances to make the team and it certainly won't stunt his growth.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00