Post-Game Talk: PS #4 - 09/24/18 | devils @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'm not fixated on anything and this shouldn't even need to be a topic for conversation.
This team just doesn't have that caliber of player so you play your best winger on your best line.
Nothing more than common sense really.
No. No you don’t.

It’s called chemistry. KZB line has it. Zucc has the advantage of playing against a second line unit.

This isn’t rocket scientist dude.

Honesty, YOU of all people should “””””””get it””””””””

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
1st line RW, 2nd line RW, who really gives a f***.

Zucc's 20:44 of ice time tonight was 2nd amongst all forwards. He'll get his ice time no matter where he plays in the lineup for as long as hes here, whether hes playing well or playing like ass.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Me watching Hayes make that pass:

tenor.gif

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
McLeod registered zero hits. Zibanejad was hits leader with 4, followed by Gettinger, Skjei, Fast And Claesson each with 3.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He had a rough one tonight.

Nonsense...tonight he helped Buch look good. Too bad Buch couldn't finish, a bit of an issue for him.

Two things good for Zucc this season, better shape than ever before, and Quinn plays him in every position even pk. I didn't think this coach would trust a smaller player on the pk, but he obviously got some words from upstairs.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
McLord was not bad in this one. Still shouldn't be anywhere near the team when camp breaks, but he wasn't bad.
I’d say he shouldn’t be shooting, but it’s probably easier for him than passing. He should focus on his day job, throw a few hits. Just hand the puck over to whomever he wants to hit, and then hit him.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
For Chytil, would Tomas Hertl be a more accurate/realistic comp?

Can't forget his debut:

mean no offense but i would disagree w/ this one. hertl to me was more a poor mans marian hossa/gaborik. didnt have the 200 foot game of hossa or quite the same frame but had the ability to find a seam to take a pass where he could turn the corner on a dman and drop the shoulder n it was over. but in the zone his game was more about finding the soft area to finish from than facilitating. wouldn't say i have any good skill comp to gaborik other than he was good at finding a breakaway seam...point was more goal scorer than what i see chytil as

i've said before and still stand by the malkin comp for chytil - its just so rare to see that level of agility/hands/footspeed in that kind of frame. my one fear w/ him is he seems to be very sheepish/unassuming on n off the ice rather than overly self assured like most possessing his skillset usually arrive. i think a lot of that comes from his age group, wjc really pronounced it where necas/zadina were clearly tasked w/ creating offense n chytil was assigned a matchup and less offensively capable linemates to balance the czech roster. i'm really hoping kravtsov coming over will bring out much more of his creativity and help cultivate a belief in it. krav across all teams i've seen him skate with seems to carry a freewheeling enthusiasm thats refreshing and engaging rather than selfish...he's not the type to sulk when things aren't going well and be over the top when it is, he's just always playing how he likes to play. i don't mean to knock chytil at all, it's just me speaking to what i see as the biggest obstacle for him in going down an artem anisimov 2.0 path or becoming a legit #1 c like a scheiffele/malkin

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Regardless of what line they are on, by the end of the season I see Hayes being the teams true #1 center. Plays a much more complete game than Mika and will provide just as much offense as him. Lock him him to a multi year deal and ship out Mika at some point.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Hayes ordering food on the phone: I'll haaaaaaavvvveeee tttthhhheeeee...

then passes the phone to Vesey who messes up the order.

That's the second time we severely outplayed the Devils with a lot of their regulars in. That team sucks.

their playoff quota has been met for next 4 years.

That was a fun game, really happy to see that after so much boring hockey from previous 7 coaches.

Gettinger continues impressing.

Lettieri can play, he is a bit of an agitator too. I hope he makes the team.

Pionk was really good yet again, in fact when all is said and done he might be our best defenseman already. And he just piles up points.

ADA finally got a point, he played pretty good, his shot is pretty weak though.

I have a feeling McQuaid will start as the 7th Dman

Hopefully Beleskey is not out for long.

Fogarty looked a bit slower than the 1st game.

A few additions by subtractions (Vesey and Namestnikov) and I thing we got a very good team.

I know he's on the outside looking in, but a guy like Fogarty has shown everything you want out of a 4C this preseason. From a glass half full perspective, these guys all playing this well bodes well for Hartford and at least mitigates some concerns about depth issues.

he was playing wing this game

Last edited by a moderator:

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Liked: My cousin Vinni (even before the winning goal), Pionk, D’Angelo, Fogarty and that Swedish goaltender

On the other hand: Staal, Mazenec, Buchnevich, Staal

Thought the team looked the best of the four games. Lots to like, showed some sandpaper, good forechecking and good zone exits. Anxious to see the top 9 come together and start to finish more.

MIA: Vesey and Namestnikov. Has Quinn seen enough or already seen enough? Early season trade coming? (official hint; their value is not likely to get any higher than it is however)

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Like what I saw from Gettinger, Lettieri, and Fogarty. Had zero interest in those guys prior but they all showed willingness and ability to make plays.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Regardless of what line they are on, by the end of the season I see Hayes being the teams true #1 center. Plays a much more complete game than Mika and will provide just as much offense as him. Lock him him to a multi year deal and ship out Mika at some point.
Hayes is really a difference maker. And durable too. He’s not amazing. He doesn’t shock-and-awe. But he is really a strong player. I feel a bit dopey for forgetting this. He is a very good player.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I ****ing love Vinni, especially when he plays like a dick.

Yeah, for good and maybe some bad at times, the guy seems to be such a tremendous character. Scores that goal in OT that is pretty big for him, doesn't celebrate much, then when he sees the ref waive it off he makes just a little gesture 'like shouldn't you call it?'

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad