Post-Game Talk: PS #4 - 09/24/18 | devils @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Hayes made that pass. It turned out to be....yes...wait for it....gold.
Guess it was the impatient peoples who was wrongfully wrongest....in a wrongfullest manner....

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Good to see Zucc back in business, pulls down Gryba then wants a word with him.
But I'm not so sure he'd win that fight :D

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Fun game to be at live. Hot takes:

- Everyone hates him, but McLeod was freaking good tonight. Forechecked hard, threw some big hits, and kicked Grybas ass in a fight.

- Hayes and Zib were excellent all night. Hayes especially played an excellent two-way game, and they were both working hard.

- F*ck Gryba.

- Kreider is a very weird human. Closest thing I can compare him to is a slightly malfunctioning West World robot. Invisible, then scores a goal and is jumpy like a 6 year for the next 5 shifts. Then makes one of the weirdest passes I’ve seen in awhile in OT. To be completely honest, if he has a letter we have serious leadership problems (I guess this shouldn’t surprise anyone.

- Loved Pionk tonight. DeAngelo was steady as well.

- The puck died every time it touched Lias Anderssen’s stick. Not saying he’s bad, or shouldn’t make the team, but he had an ugly game.

- F*ck Gryba.

I don't hate McLeod. I just rarely think of him.
If he had a good game, I don't begrudge that. Good on him then.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Nice actually to see Fogarty, Gettinger and Lettieri with goals and they all played pretty well otherwise. Gettinger has had two good games IMO. Fogarty and Lettieri were quite in their first game but this time were a lot more noticeable.

Hayes with that very patient play for the gamewinner. I liked Pionk and DeAngelo again. The play that Pionk made for Gettingers goal was outstanding. The Zibanejad pass to Kreider was outstanding too.

I'm liking this team a lot more with its pushing back. You have to physically engage--it doesn't mean you have to fight all the time but you do need guys who are willing to go there.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You’ve become uncomfortabley fixated on this nonsense.

You expect PIT to play Crosby, Malkin and Kessel on their top line every night?

I'm not fixated on anything and this shouldn't even need to be a topic for conversation.
This team just doesn't have that caliber of player so you play your best winger on your best line.
Nothing more than common sense really.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Zuccarello has been good at times. He's also doing too much deking and holding that leads to nothing and needs to shoot like, once.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Zuccarello has been good at times. He's also doing too much deking and holding that leads to nothing and needs to shoot like, once.

He had a rough one tonight.

I think he and Pionk got into Hayes' stash before OT. Those lightweights need to realize that it takes a while to build up tolerance to what ever the F Hayes is using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad