2018/19 PRE SEASON
PS GAME #4 - 09/24/2018

vs

TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY
TV | MSG, NHLN

ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@NJ 9/17/18 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - DEVILS.com
NY Post - NYDN - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

PRE SEASON SCHEDULE:

preseason18a.png

QUOTES TO NOTE:

I worked a lot building my lower body and leg strength.
I don’t think I was good enough with the puck or in battles last year, I was getting pushed off the puck too much.
So that’s one thing I definitely wanted to improve. I feel good, maybe the best I’ve ever felt coming to training camp.
- Mats Zuccarello

Skating-wise, my lungs, all that kind of stuff felt great. My knee felt good.
Just made some pretty silly plays out there that I would like to clean up, for sure.
But I felt like I was getting my timing back, little by little.
- Kevin Shattenkirk

Listen, we have to protect each other, we have to stand up for each other, we’ve got to support each other.
We’ve got to do that from now until the day the season ends.
- David Quinn

___________________________________​

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA

LD | RD
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA

Scratched

STARTING GOALIE:

goalietba.png

TBA

___________________________________________________________________________________________

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA

LD | RD
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA

Scratched

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist
*Marek Mazanec

zuccjumpck.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Guys still in camp with only one game so far:

Lindgren
McQuaid
Shattenkirk
Bigras
O'Gara
Crawley
Lindqvist
Fontaine
Meskanen
Butler
Gropp

I don't think it means anything as far as McQuaid and Shattenkirk but I also expect the Rangers will make cuts today or tomorrow so for the rest of the guys who have played only one game that might it for them. There will be only two games left and I would think the Rangers will want to work from a smaller pool of players. Make sure they get another look at guys who still may be in contention.

Reactions: Sticky Fingers

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Out of the guys who have only had 1 game so far, the only one that really sticks out to me is Meskanen. Surprised they dont want to see him in more game action, especially over seeing a 3rd game of Lettieri.

Reactions: egelband

Placid

Feb 17, 2010

a good chunk of regulars/possible regulars

Andersson, Buch, DeAngelo, Lettiri and McLeod are playing their third game.

We look to have a significant number of (presumed) starters in this game, with 11 (Buch, Fast, Hayes, Kreider, Nams, Skjei, Smith, Staal, Vesey, Ziba, Zucc).

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Out of the guys who have only had 1 game so far, the only one that really sticks out to me is Meskanen. Surprised they dont want to see him in more game action, especially over seeing a 3rd game of Lettieri.

I thought Lettier wsa good is his last game against the NYI. Used his speed much more and got in on the forecheck. I would also like to see Meskanen more but we also aren't seeing how either guy is practicing. That, and Lettieri has a full year of pro North American experience already. Perhaps they feel he is very close and they want Meskanen to simmer a bit in the AHL

Reactions: Fireonk

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Andersson, Buch and DeAngelo are playing their third game. Of the "not bankers" category, Lettiri and McLeod are also playing their third game.

We look to have a significant number of (presumed) starters in this game, with 12 (Buch, Fast, Hayes, Kreider, Nams, Shatt, Skjei, Smith, Staal, Vesey, Ziba, Zucc).
Shatt isn't playing.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
I thought Lettier wsa good is his last game against the NYI. Used his speed much more and got in on the forecheck. I would also like to see Meskanen more but we also aren't seeing how either guy is practicing. That, and Lettieri has a full year of pro North American experience already. Perhaps they feel he is very close and they want Meskanen to simmer a bit in the AHL

I wasn't really implying that Meskanen is better or deserves to be in the NHL more. I have only seen him for 1 game, so what do I know. I did happen to like Meskanen's one game over anything I've seen from Lettieri so far this preseason, but its not like he dominated and forced his way into the lineup.

I just am surprised because I think management has a pretty good handle on what Lettieri brings to the table at this point and I would think they would want to see more of the unknown before, what I assume, is another round of cuts after this game.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wasn't really implying that Meskanen is better or deserves to be in the NHL more. I have only seen him for 1 game, so what do I know. I did happen to like Meskanen's one game over anything I've seen from Lettieri so far this preseason, but its not like he dominated and forced his way into the lineup.

I just am surprised because I think management has a pretty good handle on what Lettieri brings to the table at this point and I would think they would want to see more of the unknown before, what I assume, is another round of cuts after this game.

For me, it will be interesting to see if they play Beleskey-Fogarty-Lettieri together. That COULD be the starting 4th line

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
For me, it will be interesting to see if they play Beleskey-Fogarty-Lettieri together. That COULD be the starting 4th line

Can't say I like that idea too much haha. Doesn't look like either Chytil or Andersson are going down at this point (of course nothing is certain, nor would I care that much if they thought Chytil needed more defensive seasoning) I count 10 forwards who I think will be on the opening night roster:
Kreider
Zib
Buch
Hayes
Zucc
Fast
Chytl
Anderson
Spooner
Namestikov

So at least one of the 3 you mentioned doesnt have a spot. Beleskey and Mcleod can both still make the team as spares, but if Fogarty or Lettieri dont earn a spot they will be in Hartford getting big minutes waiting their turn.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Can't say I like that idea too much haha. Doesn't look like either Chytil or Andersson are going down at this point (of course nothing is certain, nor would I care that much if they thought Chytil needed more defensive seasoning) I count 10 forwards who I think will be on the opening night roster:
Kreider
Zib
Buch
Hayes
Zucc
Fast
Chytl
Anderson
Spooner
Namestikov

So at least one of the 3 you mentioned doesnt have a spot. Beleskey and Mcleod can both still make the team as spares, but if Fogarty or Lettieri dont earn a spot they will be in Hartford getting big minutes waiting their turn.

Oh yeah, and Vesey....

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Who's the 6th D?

All I saw on the list was
Skjei-ADA
Smith-Pionk
Claesson - ?

EDIT... Nevermind... somehow passed over Staal's name 9 times when looking at the list. Long day already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad