Post-Game Talk: PS #4 - 09/24/18 | devils @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
No. No you don’t.

It’s called chemistry. KZB line has it. Zucc has the advantage of playing against a second line unit.

This isn’t rocket scientist dude.

Honesty, YOU of all people should “””””””get it””””””””

For all the hype KZB gets around here, I'd like to throw in a reminder that KZB played together a small handful of games at start of the season with some success. Then they struggled along with the rest of the team for a couple, and were quickly disassembled by AV, in conjunction with injury.

AV flat out didn't trust Buch, so that's why they really didn't see much ice time after that.

Chemistry comes and goes, it might be there, it might not.

Reactions: Sticky Fingers

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
For all the hype KZB gets around here, I'd like to throw in a reminder that KZB played together a small handful of games at start of the season with some success. Then they struggled along with the rest of the team for a couple, and were quickly disassembled by AV, in conjunction with injury.

AV flat out didn't trust Buch, so that's why they really didn't see much ice time after that.

Chemistry comes and goes, it might be there, it might not.

True, but AV was also a coach who moved players up and down the line-up based on a fluke goal here or there.

Reactions: haveandare

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
KZB was a good line, but KZFast was even better. I don't think that line was good enough to merit being set in stone. In fact, I think it's probably a bad idea to play your three best 5v5 forwards on the same line if you can get similar results with other combinations.

Lines I'd rather see than KZB (not necessarily in order):

KZFast
KZSpooner
SpoonerZB
KZAndersson
KZChytil

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
1st line RW, 2nd line RW, who really gives a ****.

Zucc's 20:44 of ice time tonight was 2nd amongst all forwards. He'll get his ice time no matter where he plays in the lineup for as long as hes here, whether hes playing well or playing like ass.

It make sense he has been one of their best forwards for years, and I`m talking stats and not game to game topics. Yes all players in NHL even JT have bad nights so you need to limit those bad games, and last evening on monday was not a great game by him. But players and our blueline also need to finish once in a while which has been an issue in the last 4 years, because they don`t have a sniper after MSL retired from NHL back in 2014/15. We will see now this season if Kevin Shattenkirk can stay healthy he is one of our best shooter by far on this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Liked: My cousin Vinni (even before the winning goal), Pionk, D’Angelo, Fogarty and that Swedish goaltender

On the other hand: Staal, Mazenec, Buchnevich, Staal

Thought the team looked the best of the four games. Lots to like, showed some sandpaper, good forechecking and good zone exits. Anxious to see the top 9 come together and start to finish more.

MIA: Vesey and Namestnikov. Has Quinn seen enough or already seen enough? Early season trade coming? (official hint; their value is not likely to get any higher than it is however)

Buch? He created the most scoring situations on the team. Then was taken off Hayes and Zuke line for half of a second period (I guess to give Lettieri a chance there) to play with 4th line.

Reactions: Ori

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I was only able to watch the 3rd period
How’d everyone (specifically Lias) do? Who was good/bad

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'd definitely put spooner with kreider and zibanejad. Just seems like a perfect fit if yr looking at pure offense. The rangers would have the puck a ton with kreider and zibanejad, spooner excels when we have the puck.

Reactions: Blue Blooded

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Av would frequently break a line that was working to try to get other lines going.
AV used to draw lines out of a hat. Last year it got to the point that I actually made a random line generator to see if it created better or worse lines than AV. To my disappointment the random lines acutally did wind up worse in the end.

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I'd definitely put spooner with kreider and zibanejad. Just seems like a perfect fit if yr looking at pure offense. The rangers would have the puck a ton with kreider and zibanejad, spooner excels when we have the puck.
I've been wanting to try The Spoony Experiment all summer, I think they could be really, really good.

Last edited:

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I really like how Neal Stionk plays the game. If I had to pick between him and ADA I would go with Neal. It's a good problem to have if you're the coaching staff and management. Our younger defensemen are playing quite well in this preseason. It's going to be hard on them to make the cuts that are inevitable.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't think he's going to be an elite player but Hischier is going to be very very good. Anyone who can score 50 points in the NHL as an 18 year old is pretty damn serious.

The Devils aren't a bad team--I don't know if they're a lock to be a playoff team again though. I like the look of Ty Smith and Butcher is another young offensive D. As a team they don't seem that deep--maybe or maybe not good enough to make the playoffs but if they do not deep enough to go anywhere.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I like ADA and have been generally pleased with his game, but I did find it interesting that everyone was creaming themselves over a play at the blue line and then that shake-and-bake thing that ended with a frisbee into Lack's belly. Meanwhile Pionk steps up at the blue line to break up a rush by knocking the puck out of mid-air with his stick, settles it, controls, makes sure the play is onside then send a perfect pass to Gettinger resulting in a goal and from what I recall there was no creaming.

Seems like there are more people pulling for ADA to succeed than Pionk. Is it because of their respective pedigrees and a perception that ADA has a substantially higher upside? I also chuckled about ADA getting a "well-deserved" point when I heard from a lot of people that all those secondary assists Pionk racked up last year were more due to luck and wouldn't be repeatable. Not disputing that, it's just, again, feels like there's a bit different set of rules for evaluation with ADA.

I hope they both do great and that they're our 2 and 3 RD for the next few years.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I like ADA and have been generally pleased with his game, but I did find it interesting that everyone was creaming themselves over a play at the blue line and then that shake-and-bake thing that ended with a frisbee into Lack's belly. Meanwhile Pionk steps up at the blue line to break up a rush by knocking the puck out of mid-air with his stick, settles it, controls, makes sure the play is onside then send a perfect pass to Gettinger resulting in a goal and from what I recall there was no creaming.

Seems like there are more people pulling for ADA to succeed than Pionk. Is it because of their respective pedigrees and a perception that ADA has a substantially higher upside? I also chuckled about ADA getting a "well-deserved" point when I heard from a lot of people that all those secondary assists Pionk racked up last year were more due to luck and wouldn't be repeatable. Not disputing that, it's just, again, feels like there's a bit different set of rules for evaluation with ADA.

I hope they both do great and that they're our 2 and 3 RD for the next few years.

I thought this game represented Pionk much better than his last game.

I too want both to make the playing roster, but I think both have strengths and weaknesses, some similar and others contrasting. Pionk seems to read plays better and execute them where something happens good for the Rangers after. ADA seems to have more natural puck handling talents and he takes more risks good and bad. I'm not sure about either or them defensively but it seems ADA has more of a skill to win a puck battle on the boards where Pionk struggles there. Yet Pionk seems to be able to break up plays better than ADA I think because he reads them quicker.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

It's unfortunate, because, at least to me, ADA is so polarizing on this forum that it feels like you either get hot or cold with him so people go to extremes to try and cancel out others. While Pionk, it seems like people are more moderate with their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad