Post-Game Talk: PS #3 - 09/22/18 | RANGERS @ islanders | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Chytil is going to be a superstar. I was impressed with how strong he is on the boards on the forecheck, nobody can take the puck away from him. he drives to the net without any fear and creates scoring chances from nothing. i did not expect him to look this good, he flat out dominated parts of the game last night.

Let's not go overboard.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It me, reading all these Vesey takes:

giphy.gif

Vesey's first 20 games or so were phenomenal, and I think that's what stuck with a lot of people myself included. He showed poise and vision you don't normally see from a pro rookie but that all seems to have completely disappeared. Oh well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He is elite at breakouts
He’s great at skating, stickchecking, stick handling, causing turnovers, he’s a smart player and he’s quite versatile; he can excel at any position anywhere in the lineup. Good character guy too, plays with grit, and is a hard worker. Plus he’s not JT Miller so that’s a plus

Being serious for a second, why is it a plus that he's not JT Miller? Miller is a much better player, and helped the Rangers a lot more than Namestnikov does.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He will be. AV was replaced by Quinn and we will still see Vesey get top-6 minutes for days after scoring a fluke goal. We will still see Staal out there defending a lead with 1 minute to go. Book it.

I think Vesey is the archetype for the typical try hard NA player. So he'll get more opportunities than he should.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Chytil is going to be a superstar. I was impressed with how strong he is on the boards on the forecheck, nobody can take the puck away from him. he drives to the net without any fear and creates scoring chances from nothing. i did not expect him to look this good, he flat out dominated parts of the game last night.

Dubinsky was like that when he just started and played with Jagr. Did he look better than Dubinsky?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Namestnikov strikes me as the kind of player who absolutely needs to be slotted into a strongly-defined role to be effective. The situation with him last year in Tampa was the extreme version of that... playing the defensively responsible role with two ultra-skilled players. But, I think it's likely to be true elsewhere in the lineup. When he isn't 100% clear on exactly what his role is supposed to be, he gets lost.

Hopefully we can find that for him as the year goes on, because I think he can be a good player in that scenario.

Reactions: Ori

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Vesey has been bad for years. People gave him some time because he was a younger roster player with the Hobey Baker hype. He never regressed. He was never good. Same player he's been both years, and has looked like early this season.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Namestnikov strikes me as the kind of player who absolutely needs to be slotted into a strongly-defined role to be effective. The situation with him last year in Tampa was the extreme version of that... playing the defensively responsible role with two ultra-skilled players. But, I think it's likely to be true elsewhere in the lineup. When he isn't 100% clear on exactly what his role is supposed to be, he gets lost.

Hopefully we can find that for him as the year goes on, because I think he can be a good player in that scenario.

yeah and he seems to have a difficult time producing in NHL if he is not playing with skilled players, so he needs to be with the likes of Chytil and Zuccarello.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Vesey has been bad for years. People gave him some time because he was a younger roster player with the Hobey Baker hype. He never regressed. He was never good. Same player he's been both years, and has looked like early this season.

he used to show some flashes of skill, now he is just a dump and don't chase zombie.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Are you saying you don't think he'll be a superstar or just that it's too early to say?

I think it's too early to say. Superstar? Eh... I'd be happy if Chytil becomes a 1st line center getting 70 points occasionally but a superstar? I think people are jumping the gun a bit with Chytil

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Being serious for a second, why is it a plus that he's not JT Miller? Miller is a much better player, and helped the Rangers a lot more than Namestnikov does.
I really don’t think he is, regardless of his production he makes bonehead plays that cost us games all the time. He is also one of the worst lockerroom cancers in the NHL, I think he is a net negative

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
yeah and he seems to have a difficult time producing in NHL if he is not playing with skilled players, so he needs to be with the likes of Chytil and Zuccarello.

Maybe. It's not like playing with Stamkos/Kucherov was anything new last year. Those were his most common linemates in 2015-16, though he spend about as much time with Stamkos/Palat that year. In 2016-17, Kucherov/Palat was his most common combination, with Stamkos/Kucherov being next.

No, I think Namestnikov had a good year in Tampa last season because he almost solely played on one line. The other 2 years he split time among at least 4 different line combinations. He needs stability to settle into his game.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I really don’t think he is, regardless of his production he makes bonehead plays that cost us games all the time. He is also one of the worst lockerroom cancers in the NHL, I think he is a net negative

can you give an example how he was a locker room cancer?

Almost all players make boneheaded mistakes once in a while. The more player has the puck the more chances he makes mistakes.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think it's too early to say. Superstar? Eh... I'd be happy if Chytil becomes a 1st line center getting 70 points occasionally but a superstar? I think people are jumping the gun a bit with Chytil

If you want Chytil to become an elite player you better not trade his mentor. He works very well with Zucc :cool:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
can you give an example how he was a locker room cancer?

Almost all players make boneheaded mistakes once in a while. The more player has the puck the more chances he makes mistakes.
Miller makes boneheaded mistakes way more than your average player. I think he’s definitely better than namestnikov overall but he’s very careless with the puck and forces stupid plays routinely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad