2018/19 PRE SEASON
PS GAME #3 - 09/22/2018

vs

TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE WEBSTER BANK ARENA - BRIDGEPORT, CT
TV | MSG

ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@NYI 4/5/18 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - ISLANDERS.com

NY Post - NYDN - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

PRE SEASON SCHEDULE:

preseason18a.png

QUOTES TO NOTE:
As crazy as it sounds, I am one of the guys who have been around here the longest.
With the players we’ve moved over the last year, I feel that it’s time for me to move into a leadership role. And I’m embracing that.
- Brady Skjei
Yeah, I think I was probably hoping for a better feeling.
I know the first couple games always are a test, trying to look for timing, good movement.
But I definitely have some work to do.
- Henrik Lundqvist

I felt bad for Hank because they got some quirky goals. It’s tough your first game out there. The ice was not great, obviously.
And one of the reasons they took it to us for two periods is because they understood that and they kept it very simplistic.
Whereas every time we got it, we tried to make a heroic play.
- David Quinn

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW

TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA

LD | RD
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA

Scratched

STARTING GOALIE:

goalietba.png

TBA

___________________________________________________________________________________________

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW

TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA

LD | RD
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA

Scratched

STARTING GOALIE:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hoping for this.

Andersson-Hayes-Namestnikov
Spooner-Chytil-Zuccarello
Vesey-Howden-Lettieri
McLeod-Holland-Butler

Hajek-Shattenkirk
Gilmour-McQuaid
Crawley-Bigras

Georgiyev
Tokarski

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Shattenkirk was as advertised before that cortisone shot wore off. I’m not sure why that gets forgotten. Knowing what we know now he played very well into nov. guy just knows how to put up pts.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Looks like you're right. Schneider is playing instead.

I guess you then move Andersson to center, put Vesey on his LW, move Butler to Vesey's spot on line three, and put Schneider in Butler's spot on line 4.
I wouldn't mind seeing Schneider moved up over Butler. He's got speed and does some of the nice dirty work, plays good D. He could be a solid support player for two better playmakers. I think Vesey is a good hockey player if you keep him in the bottom 6. He's got enough offense to chip in once in a while, but he looks pretty crappy in offensive roles. I'd like to see:

Spooner-Andersson-Namestnikov
Schneider-Chytil-Zuccarello
Vesey-Howden-Lettieri
Butler-Holland-McLeod

And same D pairings and Goalie you had

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wouldn't mind seeing Schneider moved up over Butler. He's got speed and does some of the nice dirty work, plays good D. He could be a solid support player for two better playmakers. I think Vesey is a good hockey player if you keep him in the bottom 6. He's got enough offense to chip in once in a while, but he looks pretty crappy in offensive roles. I'd like to see:

Spooner-Andersson-Namestnikov
Schneider-Chytil-Zuccarello
Vesey-Howden-Lettieri
Butler-Holland-McLeod

And same D pairings and Goalie you had

Butler's a better hockey player. He played at the Olympics.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Who's Butler
Butler has been around a lot. He looked like he could really have potential, but could never really put it together above NCAA. Last I saw him in NHL he was trying to make the Devils a few years ago and then went off to Europe. Now he's back as an AHL vet type and probably good to have in the locker room. He had speed and offense back in his day and maybe he would have fared a little better in today's, less physical game if he was just coming out of college now.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Butler's a better hockey player. He played at the Olympics.
Oh yeah. That definitely makes him better. He crushed it out there too...haha.

I think they're pretty similar and it really doesn't matter anyway. Personally I'd rather see Schneider in the top 6 over Butler. We should probably start a fresh thread for this one. It's going to be topic of the day, no doubt.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I was thinking about playing the Stubhub game and getting tickets but woof this lineup is garbage. Outside of the three rookie centers, the three veterans who haven't played in camp yet, Georgiev, and Crawley, this game might get ugly. A lot of responsibility for Anderson/Chytil/Howden tonight against what should be a very rugged Islander team.

Doubt we get Sam who is probably in Atlanta for NFL.

I still have faith in Crawley to eventually be a 5-6 at the NHL level. Let's see how he does later.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
My endangered species list for this game:

McLeod
Holland
Butler
Bigras
Schneider
Hajek
Howden
Gilmour
Crawley
Lettieri

By having Hajek and Howden on here I don't mean that as a detriment to their ability. I think within logical reason it's that they start in the AHL even if they stick around camp for another week.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Isles playing Martin and Mayfield. Rangers with McQuaid and McLeod in the lineup. Just saying. There's potential.

Rangers IMO would seriously want to cut down their roster after tonight's game. I would expect at least 10 cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad