Rumor: Provorov looking for $10M per season

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
They really need to change the RFA system in the next CBA. Some of these asks are getting a bit ridiculous. I don't even care which direction they go in - but pick one.

The revenue sharing ain't really going to change at 50%. These contracts seem to going the way of premier players are getting a bigger share of the pie. It's not hurting the owners, who it really affects are the lower end players as they can squeezed financially. The NHLPA and its voting members, have more bottom end member, I'm sure they hate the thought of a higher % going to a limited among of players.

Believe an 8m contract would make Pronovov (and Trouba) the 5th highest paid Dman in the league. Seems like an overpayment to me.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Even if they add a weird rfa cap dmen have been due to get a price bump for a while and with doughty and ek signing for eleven you'll see lots of dmen get paid more in line with forwards imo.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
my bad on that one

No worries. It's one of those things where I dont understand most Montreal posters who say MTL vs PHI, or the like. In my world, that means that Bergevin and Fletcher are in the ring squaring off, not a trade proposal.

But come to think if it... if you want to send Bergevin down to smack Fletcher around...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Reminder....Provy was hoping to get a deal done before the WC. No chance he hoped for that and was asking for 10 million as a starting point.

This report is BS.

10 million: 3rd highest paid Dman
8 million: 8th highest paid Dman
7 million: 15th highest paid Dman
6 million: 22nd highest paid Dman
5.5 million: 33rd highest paid Dman....this is closer to reality

Cap is 81.5 million

7.5% of cap puts him 31st in cap hit for Dman. That is respectable, fair, and still possibly too high in rankings but it's in the "debatable" range.

7.5% of cap=6.11 million...that puts him 22nd highest paid Dmen

He should not get over 6.5 million...let alone the 8 some have mentioned...and 10 is not even a starting point.

Reactions: Amorgus

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Reminder....Provy was hoping to get a deal done before the WC. No chance he hoped for that and was asking for 10 million as a starting point.

This report is BS.

Cap is 81.5 million

7.5% of cap puts him 31st in cap hit for Dman. That is respectable, fair, and still possibly too high in rankings but it's in the "debatable" range.

He should not get over 6.5 million...let alone the 8 some have mentioned...and 10 is not even a starting point.
Yeah that's gonna change fast . The top dmen aren't going to be taking less than Skinner / Hayes anymore .

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017

This report is BS.

Cap is 81.5 million

I don't disagree where he should fit on your list numerically but it does seem to me that those numbers will rise significantly very soon as they do seem like some of the better bargains.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

This report is BS.

Cap is 81.5 million

The 33rd best defenseman in the league isn’t going to get paid $5.5M today though. Trouba sure as hell isn’t a top-5 defenseman, but he has the 5th highest cap hit among defensemen, and he signed as an RFA.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The 33rd best defenseman in the league isn’t going to get paid $5.5M today though. Trouba sure as hell isn’t a top-5 defenseman, but he has the 5th highest cap hit among defensemen, and he signed as an RFA.
Trouba essentially signed a UFA deal. Provy has 4 more RFA years....not 1.

Dumba just got 6 million. That is more of a comparison that anyone getting 8-10 million

Reactions: Curufinwe

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Greed is gonna destroy this league one day, like everything else that is in its path. (even if the rumors are untrue, this still applies, you greedy bastards)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad