Rumor: Provorov looking for $10M per season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The Ekblad comp is up to $8.37 mil, when adjusted for inflation. The Flyers are probably offering less than that on an 8 year term. Provorov's camp is likely asking for more to counterbalance that. Nothing to freak out about.
He is not comparable to Ekblad and shouldn't get more than 6M per.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
source.gif

How about no? Some of these players need a large dose of reality.

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Did Hedger hear that from some dude on Twitter after said dude said trust me on this Brian or this guy is a legit guy with some kind of cred?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
10m sounds absurd, but then you realize it's not THAT far from the 8m he'd be likely (and fairly, imo) to command on a full-term deal and can see it's certainly an opening salvo for negotiations.

But I'm also very high on Provorov, so it depends on what you think he is now and is likely to be in short order.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
10m sounds absurd, but then you realize it's not THAT far from the 8m he'd be likely (and fairly, imo) to command on a full-term deal and can see it's certainly an opening salvo for negotiations.

But I'm also very high on Provorov, so it depends on what you think he is now and is likely to be in short order.

Even $8 million is excessive for him at this juncture. He's been fed minutes like a legit #1 but he isn't one, yet. Has the tools but hasn't put them together consistently, his usage has been dictated by bad coaches and ass-awful defensive depth.

If he wants that he better take 8 years and live up to it right out of the box, if he wants any more then he should be taking a bridge at $6.5m or $7m for 2-3 years. Absolute fool's errand to give him more than $8m based on his spotty first three seasons. Some soaring highs, surrounded by long stretches of very mediocre-to-average play on both sides of the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->