Rumor: Provorov looking for $10M per season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Was going to ask the same thing. Who is this guy? Why is he tagging CBJ?
I assumed it was a joke reference to the rumors of CBJ offersheets, basically saying he is comparable to Marner if he is worth 10m so, "you should look into offersheeting this elite talent..."

Reactions: Flukeshot

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
As per Sport-Express.ru, Provorov's agent provided this comment about rumored $10 mil demand:
Mark Gandler: “ As for Ivan Provorov’s contract, I will tell you that I do not want to even comment on these nonsensical statements and rumors from media and the internet. I just don’t see any sense in that. What I can say is that GM and I know the truth”
Агент Проворова — о 10 миллионах долларов в год: «Не вижу смысла комментировать бред и вбросы»

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
When this new CBA was written, it was not designed to work under these conditions. There needs to be a window between ELC and UFA where players make graduated raises that are controllable so teams can ice balanced rosters for a period of time. Now the RFA period has become nothing more than an extension of the UFA. Players wanting generational money on long term deals right out of the gate is Not going to work for the health of the league. If that’s the direction it’s going, they need to scrap the salary cap, or modify it to a soft system.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
When this new CBA was written, it was not designed to work under these conditions. There needs to be a window between ELC and UFA where players make graduated raises that are controllable so teams can ice balanced rosters for a period of time. Now the RFA period has become nothing more than an extension of the UFA. Players wanting generational money on long term deals right out of the gate is Not going to work for the health of the league. If that’s the direction it’s going, they need to scrap the salary cap, or modify it to a soft system.
Why does any of this make sense to you? First, the CBA is working just fine. 2nd I think you are over reacting to a large group of fantastic young players that hasn’t been seen before.

I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t get paid their worth at the expense of old vets who teams know the back half of their contracts will be questionable AT BEST. I would happily pay any of the big under 23 year old RFAs their worth than go back to the old way of cheaping out on them and paying older vets.

Backes 8.22% for 5 year, Ladd 7.53% for 7 years, Nylander 8.8% for 7 years, Aho 10.37% for 5 years. Pick two of those contracts that you want on your team.

At the end of the day revenue is split 50/50. The players can take their 50% and distribute it any way they want for all the owners care. All paying the RFAs does is take money out of the pockets of vets who don’t earn their money for the back half of their contracts. It’s good for teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I assumed it was a joke reference to the rumors of CBJ offersheets, basically saying he is comparable to Marner if he is worth 10m so, "you should look into offersheeting this elite talent..."
He is a beat reporter for CBJ with no agent, player, or even media connections to the flyers.

His past is with CHI and agent connections are for WPG, CBJ, TOR, DET, CHI, PIT, LAK, and 1 more that I can’t remember.

As someone posted, Provorov's agent said that this guy is off the rails.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
giphy.gif

Reactions: OmniSens

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Shea Weber asked for the equivalent to ~12.000 back in 2011. He was a better Dman than Provorov at the time, but it's not that uncommon for a player to state they want some absurd amount.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I know it’s summer but....

These reports are the worst it’s always pushed out by and agent/GM with no context. The tweet might as well have said “paid by the Philadelphia Flyers”. This was put out there to make Provorov look greedy.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019

These reports are the worst it’s always pushed out by and agent/GM with no context. The tweet might as well have said “paid by the Philadelphia Flyers”. This was put out there to make Provorov look greedy.
Or by some trash tier "reporter" looking for clicks...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Speaking of unsubstantiated nonsense...

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Was going to ask the same thing. Who is this guy? Why is he tagging CBJ?

My guess was it's because CBJ also have a promising young RFA defenseman to sign (Werenski), and the thought has been one of these two D will be the first domino to fall in the big RFA signings. So like a "This obviously isn't happening, so your move CBJ."

But it's also seeming like the whole thing is BS, so who knows!

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
That's the problem with giving Kevin Hayes 7 million per season

Provorov is probably thinking "I'm gonna be worth at least 3 million more per year than Hayes"

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Reporter walked the rumor back. Can we close this thread or at least edit the title now? Lotta people taking shots at Provorov for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->