Rumor: Provorov looking for $10M per season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I love Provorov but his play last season didn't help his cause. I think he was better than Ekblad in his first 2 seasons but Ekblad was better last year.

Ukapitalo

Jul 5, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
They will start with the fact that contracts are rising each year, and teams are learning that paying for guys based on what they have done is not as smart as paying a guy for what they think he will do. The real losers are the middle 6 veteran players who were looking for a pay day and probably wont get it (thanks to the 2016 UFA class and their great performance thus far)

Nah. You're prioritizing what a player might achieve vs what a player actually deserves. All contracts are based on balancing these two things. How is your argument of what a player might be, be more important than what they've done? I can name numerous contracts where a GM gave a contract too high because of what they might become, only to unfold that they wrong.

This argument says what might a player could potentially achieve is extremely more important than what a player deserves. Which might be the new age of current negotiations, I'm not sure.

If that's true, that's bad business.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
10 million, f*** me that is funny, give me some of the shit that guy is smoking. Jesus Christ provorov, enjoy the KHL

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Ekblad is sooo much better what Provorov is ever going to be.
Ekblad is less than year older, has been bigger offensive threat so far in the NHL, even though Provorov
is supposedly the more gifted one in that department, neither are solid enough defensively, however
Ekblad is better in that department as well.

Ekblad: 391 games, 66 goals, 174 points, only 26 points shy of 200 points, is a +17 as a d-man for a team like the Panthers.
Provorov: 246 games, 30 goals, 94 points, has had one 17 goal and 40 point season and two meh of a seasons, is -6

I think Ivan is trying to fish his money with his 17-18 season "success story"

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
This kid is NOT worth that much right now. Not even close. You can't regress that bad in year 3 and think you can command 80 million over 10 years.

It's such a clickbait headline.

ALL negotiations go this way. Player asks for more than he knows he'll get. Team asks for less than what he'll get. They meet in the middle and everyone's wasted a summer.

He'll sign for 8 years x $7.5m i guess. However, you have to add the 10% Fletcher freebie bonus so it'll probably be $8.25.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Ekblad is less than year older, has been bigger offensive threat so far in the NHL, even though Provorov
is supposedly the more gifted one in that department

Provorov literally lead the league in defensemen goals the other year. He had a down year. Most defensemen do.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I love Provy but he can sit out until he’s a UFA for that. Maybe we can trade him for marner if need be. But ultimately, he will be a flyer at 7 something, maybe 8 something for 6 or more years.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
10 million, **** me that is funny, give me some of the **** that guy is smoking. Jesus Christ provorov, enjoy the KHL
Once again the rangers have created a domino effect by grossly overpaying players,they never learn.I would try and trade to get as much as I can for princess provorov.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
My personal favorite is "go back to Russia"

Apparently nobody realizes that Provorov has been in North America for the better part of a decade playing in the USHL and then the WHL before the Flyers. Also, a few years ago a list of the salaries of KHL players was leaked. Kovalchuk lead the way with a salary of 5.5M. Even if Provorov went back to Russia, he wouldn't make close to the equivalent of 10M.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Would hesitate giving him 6 lmao. On fans hi on him are Flyers fans. Everything I have seen is a decent 2nd pairing d-man.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Meaningful and contested contract negotiations are good for the league. (Especially since there is a hard cap so it does not actually affect the profitability of the league at all.) It keeps news coming out year round, and gives people something to be excited about and engaged by even when no games are going on.

I think they need to move the signing deadline up to November 1st. The Nylander situation was bad for the league, and for the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->