Blue Jays Discussion: Prospects getting the call! Jansen, Reid-Foley up to the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

its pretty much an unwritten rule in baseball to just jog out a routine ground ball to not pull a muscle on 1 AB in the middle of the season. Same reason when you hit it in the corner and you see the OF jogging instead of sprinting, the runner usually stops at second.

No one is going balls to the wall 162 games. Hate to break it to you

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Shi Davidi said he doesn't think they'll qualify him, which doesn't mean a whole lot because he doesn't seem to be basing it on inside information or anything.

It would be really, really stupid not to qualifying him.

I've heard a couple of the pundits on Fan590 saying the same thing a week or two ago and it also didn't make much sense to me...but the more connected guys repeat it, the more nervous it makes me. Would be a damn shame to lose that compensation pick...not to mention the potential of a JD bounce-back season (off-course, unlike Solarte, a bounce-back season from JD means 5+ fwar).

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
might be because JD would probably take the 1 yr deal, especially if hes not healthy, since im guessing its around 15-20m? and if not healthy, that would be a real waste of $$. Add in, if JD is comp'd, the odds he signs with another team as a 33 yr old (dec 8th - same bday as me), whos battled 2 yrs of injuries? unlikely.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
its pretty much an unwritten rule in baseball to just jog out a routine ground ball to not pull a muscle on 1 AB in the middle of the season. Same reason when you hit it in the corner and you see the OF jogging instead of sprinting, the runner usually stops at second.

No one is going balls to the wall 162 games. Hate to break it to you

You’re not breaking anything...Pretty much the way game has been played since forever.....

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Do the Jays or anybody still believe Stroman is a good pitcher?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
At least the team was watchable in the early 2010s when they were not a contender but under Atkins and Shapiro they have been a total waste of time for the 2 of their 3 seasons. I think they are going to screw it up. I have 0 faith in them after seeing the teams they put together so far.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I've heard a couple of the pundits on Fan590 saying the same thing a week or two ago and it also didn't make much sense to me...but the more connected guys repeat it, the more nervous it makes me. Would be a damn shame to lose that compensation pick...not to mention the potential of a JD bounce-back season (off-course, unlike Solarte, a bounce-back season from JD means 5+ fwar).

Considering we got jd for nothing and how much he gave us im not going to be massivly upset if we get nothing for him, sure its stupid asset management but our front office was in a no win situation the last few years.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Vlad in the coldest "slump" of his young career so far. Will be interesting to see how he responds.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
At least the team was watchable in the early 2010s when they were not a contender but under Atkins and Shapiro they have been a total waste of time for the 2 of their 3 seasons. I think they are going to screw it up. I have 0 faith in them after seeing the teams they put together so far.

Ok... so Vlad won't sell you on watching the Jays next year?

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
what were you expecting? young talented position players to drop out of the sky right away? This was an aging roster with not a lot of talent in the upper levels. You have to go back 5+ years to fully understand why this team isn't very good right now.

I think there's a minority in the fan base that was cheering for these guys to fail since they were first hired. What these fans fail to understand is that if AA was still here (or any GM for that matter) the team wouldn't be any better. They also forget that AA took 5 years to make the playoffs...maybe these guys deserve that same courtesy before throwing them under the bus.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Torres hustling down the line to beat out a double play allowing the winning run to score.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

I keep reading this sentiment and I feel like everyone who says it has erased 2013 from their memory. That team was WAY more frustrating to watch than this one.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
what were you expecting? young talented position players to drop out of the sky right away? This was an aging roster with not a lot of talent in the upper levels. You have to go back 5+ years to fully understand why this team isn't very good right now.

I think there's a minority in the fan base that was cheering for these guys to fail since they were first hired. What these fans fail to understand is that if AA was still here (or any GM for that matter) the team wouldn't be any better. They also forget that AA took 5 years to make the playoffs...maybe these guys deserve that same courtesy before throwing them under the bus.

the craziest thing to me about the AA love is, if they dont get into the playoffs the yr we get Tulo/Price (before those trades), AA is canned and looked at as a failure. Gets 1 playoff appearance and now revered.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Q. Im trying to use WAR/ to determine prospects in this OOTP Baseball Sim Draft im in. Anyways, for hittings im doing WAR/PA*650, for SP im doing WAR/GS*32, what would you guys say is a good number for relievers? WAR/G*65?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
the craziest thing to me about the AA love is, if they dont get into the playoffs the yr we get Tulo/Price (before those trades), AA is canned and looked at as a failure. Gets 1 playoff appearance and now revered.

Most casual fans wanted AA and Gibbons fired up to and including July 27, 2015.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Most casual fans wanted AA and Gibbons fired up to and including July 27, 2015.
Gibbons sure. AA? Nah. I am an AA fan and don't like shatkins much. However, I readily admit shatkins were put into a tough spot and they have made some great moves. But I hated the way they delayed the rebuild because of the fans. Thats was so so
stupid.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

I feel the same. I have heard "they're not going to qualify" Donaldson a few times too and it mystifies me.

To me, a reasonable strategy would be to get Donaldson back on a one-year deal, dump Morales anyway they can and open up the DH spot to be rotated around. Unless something completely outrageous happens, Vlad Jr. will be called up in mid to late April and if the DH spot being open gives them some flexibility. Donaldson could play some first, DH a bit. Play third when Vlad Jr. needs a rest.

Reactions: Kurtz

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I keep reading this sentiment and I feel like everyone who says it has erased 2013 from their memory. That team was WAY more frustrating to watch than this one.

It's funny how perspectives are different among fans.

I have no memory of that team being frustrating to watch.

I remember them being ravaged by injuries (particularly to the starting pitching) and not really having a chance.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It's funny how perspectives are different among fans.

I have no memory of that team being frustrating to watch.

I remember them being ravaged by injuries (particularly to the starting pitching) and not really having a chance.

Really? You don’t think them winning 10 in a row to bring themselves back up to 38-36 and then losing 19 of their next 26 wasn’t frustrating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad