Prospects Development Camp

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Boeser's shot is just sick.

The more I see him the more I think he's kind of a James Neal type more than a Patrick Sharp/Kyle Okposo type.

Admittedly I haven't seen enough to know for sure, but Im not certain he has the skating ability of Sharp/Okposo.

Domecile

Opinion != Fact
Jul 9, 2014
Delta
Assuming that 2nd goal by Boeser was the goal that people here who were at the camp were commenting about...

Definitely a very nice shot and a good looking goal for the new kid! Impressive.

Also starting to understand the positive comments about Stewart from the camp attendees as he didn't look bad in what I saw of him in that 3v3.

Wish there were more videos though. :(

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Boesers shot makes Virtanens shot look terrible by looking at these clips. His accuracy is on another level. Hopefully Virtanen can get his accuracy back.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Boesers shot makes Virtanens shot look terrible by looking at these clips. His accuracy is on another level. Hopefully Virtanen can get his accuracy back.

kesler and taylor hall have come back from labrum surgery just fine, as have numerous others. watch our 6th overall pick be the guy who can't, haha.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
kesler and taylor hall have come back from labrum surgery just fine, as have numerous others. watch our 6th overall pick be the guy who can't, haha.

Kesler was hip labrum so not sure I'd bring that in for comparison. On the flip side to Hall was Nugent-Hopkins who didn't come back very strong from his surgery. His numbers were OK and indeed almost identical to this past season but he spent a season being very much a perimeter player who wasn't nearly as effective or engaged.

Everyone is different and not only that not all labrum surgeries are the same.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Hutton looked good, like he has done this before. Noticed his size skating was good, stayed involed

I said it early that Brisebois was who i noticed most out the Dmen, kid can just skate, good stick work seemed to win every stick battle, was good at separating players from the puck. Add that he is 17 we have some thing with him

Being a top D man on a bottom feeding team means he gets lots and lots of practice in the art of defending. Could be a blessing, sort of like back when the Q was a goaltending factory, allegedly on account of their keepers seeing a lot more rubber than their counterparts in other leagues.:dunno:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Assuming that 2nd goal by Boeser was the goal that people here who were at the camp were commenting about...

Definitely a very nice shot and a good looking goal for the new kid! Impressive.

Also starting to understand the positive comments about Stewart from the camp attendees as he didn't look bad in what I saw of him in that 3v3.

Wish there were more videos though. :(

That's the one.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Benning has a vision for this team and current contracts simply mean nothing

Anyone knows miller for 6 is a bad contract benning simply doesnt care. Hes drafting a team and his only piece given to him was captian horvat

If anything benning wants to be known league wide as a gm that pays players.

Hopefully ryjo and lucic signing will calm folks down

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

Anyone knows miller for 6 is a bad contract benning simply doesnt care. Hes drafting a team and his only piece given to him was captian horvat

I don't think Benning sticks that long.

Wang Gretzky

Nov 8, 2013

What are you talking about?

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
In 16 months benning has drafted a better core than gillis had in 6 years.

Topest of keks

Easier drafting in the top 5 than the bottom 5 I would imagine.

EDIT - Definitely didn't read that right. Thought it said in 16 months Benning will have drafted....

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If you see a post of yours has been deleted or moved and you are curious as to why, PM a moderator. The full list of Canuck Board Moderators can be found at the top right of the Vancouver Canucks Board Homepage. Complaining on the open boards is not permitted.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Kesler was hip labrum so not sure I'd bring that in for comparison. On the flip side to Hall was Nugent-Hopkins who didn't come back very strong from his surgery. His numbers were OK and indeed almost identical to this past season but he spent a season being very much a perimeter player who wasn't nearly as effective or engaged.

Everyone is different and not only that not all labrum surgeries are the same.

You don't remember his shoulder surgery as well?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=631048

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad