Prospects Development Camp

arsmaster*

Brother in law just texted me. Jake isn't participating. "He's on the bench in khakis".

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
I have a feeling his "flu" in Utica was a concussion.

Maybe he is experiencing concussion symptoms again from the Mckenzie hit.

Last edited:

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
It's such a joke how ****** the canucks are at covering this camp.

No streams, no videos besides team building ones.

Pretty embarrassing when a team like Columbus streams every last second of their WHOLE CAMP. As well as extensive, exclusive write ups daily.

Canucks are in the Stone Age when it comes to covering this team. It's a shame.

Stuck in the stone age, just like the team's management

Stormblessed

Jul 4, 2009
Victoria
Subban did not look good, he was probably the player I foind most disappointing, seemed to have no interest in passing or trying to play defence (I know 3 on 3 but still) Mckenzie Stewart looked alright, nothing special but I expected him to be a tire fire so that was pleasantly surprising. Boeser has a rocket very quick hands, he was extremely impressive with the puck. McCann was the best player on the ice, his release is NHL calibre and he can get it off in a phonebooth.

As long as none of these goalies ever get near our team we should be safe as well, the goaltending was awful (this is the thing I am most confident judging as I played at a high level and have played for 25 years) Whistle was the overall best goalie out there, also youngest which is good seemed most technically proficient. McLean has promise but I've never seen a goalie worse at using their stick.

Zhukenov is extremely agile but was disappointing, shot was decent but first step I thought was lacking. Gonna stop here as I'm kff to dinner, will try and post more when I get home

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I've heard reports that it was Matthew Caito (defenseman invite) was the one who laid Virtanen out.

From Twitter there's a couple of names that keep popping up. Stewart and Caito.

arsmaster*

I've heard reports that it was Matthew Caito (defenseman invite) was the one who laid Virtanen out.

From Twitter there's a couple of names that keep popping up. Stewart and Caito.

I rarely listed to 1040. But someone on the radio said it was a "5'9" defenseman from California".

That's 5'11" Caito to me. But I wasn't there.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Subban did not look good, he was probably the player I foind most disappointing, seemed to have no interest in passing or trying to play defence (I know 3 on 3 but still) Mckenzie Stewart looked alright, nothing special but I expected him to be a tire fire so that was pleasantly surprising. Boeser has a rocket very quick hands, he was extremely impressive with the puck. McCann was the best player on the ice, his release is NHL calibre and he can get it off in a phonebooth.

As long as none of these goalies ever get near our team we should be safe as well, the goaltending was awful (this is the thing I am most confident judging as I played at a high level and have played for 25 years) Whistle was the overall best goalie out there, also youngest which is good seemed most technically proficient. McLean has promise but I've never seen a goalie worse at using their stick.

Zhukenov is extremely agile but was disappointing, shot was decent but first step I thought was lacking. Gonna stop here as I'm kff to dinner, will try and post more when I get home

Thanks for the terrific summary. More would be great!

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I rarely listed to 1040. But someone on the radio said it was a "5'9" defenseman from California".

That's 5'11" Caito to me. But I wasn't there.

I heard Bro Jake claim that exact thing, but I've been conversing with someone watching all of the events and he's confirmed Caito was the player who nailed Virtanen. Right in the numbers, dropped him like a sack of potatoes.

Which is shocking considering how strong Virtanen is, especially being the "king" of reverse hits.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
I heard Bro Jake claim that exact thing, but I've been conversing with someone watching all of the events and he's confirmed Caito was the player who nailed Virtanen. Right in the numbers, dropped him like a sack of potatoes.

Which is shocking considering how strong Virtanen is, especially being the "king" of reverse hits.

Right in the numbers? Like a clean hit or?...

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Right in the numbers? Like a clean hit or?...

I didn't ask that specifically. But we would have heard if it was from behind. Since he got hit in the chin I'm assuming "in the numbers" meant square in his chest.

Now Virtanen is out with a "bruised chin and headaches"

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I didn't ask that specifically. But we would have heard if it was from behind. Since he got hit in the chin I'm assuming "in the numbers" meant square in his chest.

Now Virtanen is out with a "bruised chin and headaches"

Right in the numbers means from behind...

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
It's such a joke how ****** the canucks are at covering this camp.

No streams, no videos besides team building ones.

Pretty embarrassing when a team like Columbus streams every last second of their WHOLE CAMP. As well as extensive, exclusive write ups daily.

Canucks are in the Stone Age when it comes to covering this team. It's a shame.

It isn't the stone age, more the 1980s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad