Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread: Marlies Calder Cup Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Given stories of players Dubas was pushing for but were never gone after by Lou/Hunter, its becoming apparent we might be better off with Dubas.

Dubas wanted the Leafs to sign Yani Gourde, he went to TBL and made an instant impact

Dubas wanted the Leafs to acquire Nate Schmidt, he went to VGK and made an instant impact

Dubas wanted to draft Durzi last year, and he went on to have a huge year and got himself projected to go in round 2

There’s one more that came out that I’m forgetting as wel

If that Nate Schmidt part is true, that'll make me sad. I wanted him the moment I saw him play for Washington against us in the playoffs.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
You think we would be the best drafting team in the history of hockey if:

Dermott
Carrick
Borgman
Liljegren
Rosen
Marincin
One of the others in that list (eg Sandin)

... were all NHLers? I mean, more than half of them basically already are, and half we didn’t draft.

I guess I have to spell everything out. To me an "NHLer" is not someone who play 10-20 games here and there. It's someone who is a consistent top 6.

If 3 of those guys are top 6 for their whole career, that would be decent. 8 of them is nutty. Dermott appears to be the only lock on your list.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
What if I'm in my Durzi jersey on a road so curvy and get flipped topsy-turvy making for dirty journey?

Are you early while on the dirty journey in your durzi jersey on the road so curvy? If you see another car don’t get scared and drive all swervey

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Are you early while on the dirty journey in your durzi jersey on the road so curvy? If you see another car don’t get scared and drive all swervey
Never swervey but hurly burly in my Durzi jersey late or early dirty on the curvy road so very early.

I think we are starting to sound like Dr Seuss :nod:

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
You think we would be the best drafting team in the history of hockey if:

Dermott
Carrick
Borgman
Liljegren
Rosen
Marincin
One of the others in that list (eg Sandin)

... were all NHLers? I mean, more than half of them basically already are, and half we didn’t draft.

Noting, the Leafs only drafted 2 of the 6 on your list... so if the other four make the NHL, it doesn't really say anything about our drafting.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Noting, the Leafs only drafted 2 of the 6 on your list... so if the other four make the NHL, it doesn't really say anything about our drafting.

Noone said anything about our drafting... I was saying earlier that we are deep wtih defensive prospects...

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Noone said anything about our drafting... I was saying earlier that we are deep wtih defensive prospects...

Say what now? I literally quoted a guy, whose first sentence in the quoted post says.... " You think we would be the best drafting team in the history of hockey if:"

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Say what now? I literally quoted a guy, whose first sentence in the quoted post says.... " You think we would be the best drafting team in the history of hockey if:"

Yeah, but if you followed the conversation thread, her was responding to the guy that took my post out of context.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Should be another 3rd round pick...

No. You do not get compensation for anything outside your GM, Head Coach and I think your Director of Player Personnel (or something else important like that) at the NHL level.

Goaltending coach at the AHL level gets you absolutely nothing. It's going to be a big loss, but he deserves a promotion and Briere is better. Plus Briere is probably sticking around for a long time.

It's just another thing Dubas (or more likely Gilman) needs to replace for next year.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
No. You do not get compensation for anything outside your GM, Head Coach and I think your Director of Player Personnel (or something else important like that) at the NHL level.

Goaltending coach at the AHL level gets you absolutely nothing. It's going to be a big loss, but he deserves a promotion and Briere is better. Plus Briere is probably sticking around for a long time.

It's just another thing Dubas (or more likely Gilman) needs to replace for next year.

I think that compensation rule was completely removed.

Reactions: saltming

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

there is no compensation anymore. It was only in long enough to screw the leafs out of 2 3rd picks then it was gone

Reactions: saltming

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
there is no compensation anymore. It was only in long enough to screw the leafs out of 2 3rd picks then it was gone

At least there is no reason for people to complain about the Leafs manipulating the system.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
It was. And the Leafs should be compensated for it but won't. What a stupid rule.
While compensation would be nice (even if was like, every team got a compensatory 6th rounder if they forfeited a 2nd, and a 7th if it was a 3rd, type thing) but reality is, we made our moves while the rule was in place, and with the understanding of the consequences.

We agreed to the compensation, so while I think it was a poorly crafted rule (not a bad rule, but there was tonnes of refining that needed to be done with it, and instead of ironing out wrinkles, they just removed the rule entirely), we should step up and pay the price.

What really gets me is when a team does something legal, and the League agrees to it, and then enacts consequences after the fact without the teams' consent *cough*recapture*cough*

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
What really gets me is when a team does something legal, and the League agrees to it, and then enacts consequences after the fact without the teams' consent *cough*recapture*cough*

All the teams voted to ratify the CBA, so they did consent.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Hunter did an ok job and Dubas may do better ? I didn't like the Korshkov pick but Dermott and Grundstrom will look good for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad