Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread: Marlies Calder Cup Champions Edition - Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Neat - I wasn’t really thinking much of Lindgren, but I’m glad he’s in a big role over there. Still gives him so hope.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Babinstev with back-to-back goals today. He's looking real good. Should make Growlers fans happy.

Marlies beat Rochester 6-4. Other goals Piccinich, Estephan, Selleck and Jardine.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Neat - I wasn’t really thinking much of Lindgren, but I’m glad he’s in a big role over there. Still gives him so hope.

He really was a good pick from the start. 4th round was a great place for him. It would be nice for his offensive game to take another step but right now it looks like he could at least become a PKing version of Connor Carrick, which would be perfect for a 3rd pairing role for the Leafs and could possibly even get him onto the 2nd pairing if his offense improves. He also needs to pack on size, since he's still only 160 lbs on his 6'0" frame. He probably needs to get into the 190's for his edge to have an impact at the NHL level, if not the low 200's. Similar to Karlsson's weight.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
The Growlers should be good. The Marlies have signed a lot of good minor pro players.

Many are former draft picks as well coming off their overage year, so a handful might be Marlies in a year or two should they develop nicely.

Babintsev has been especially good. Might pull a Marchment and be in Toronto if he keeps up what he's doing.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
I wish they had kept Durzi. Doesn't seem like we need to keep all of Holl, Loverde and Subban.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I wish they had kept Durzi. Doesn't seem like we need to keep all of Holl, Loverde and Subban.

Where are they going to go otherwise? Only can go to the Marlies or Leafs, so unless you have any of them making the Leafs or getting dealt, neither of which are very likely, they are going to end up on the Marlies. Durzi's fate was practically sealed a week after drafting him when they signed Subban.

Who cares if he's in the OHL for an OA year. Not really a big deal.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I think his spot is going to Sandin.

It's tough for him too. Same situation applies to Sandin as it does Durzi. 8 defensemen besides him, and nowhere for them to really go besides staying on the Marlies. Sandin likely heads back to the SHL.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Same here. I guess they will have too many bodies and they prefer him playing a lot? I just don't see the point of dominating the CHL as an overager again. It wouldn't have hurt to keep him a little longer and send him down then.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Durzi and Hollowel were returned to the OHL. Also:

Interesting to see some of those names stick around. Babintsev must be thinking what else he has to do in order to stick around. He had like 4 goals in 2 preseason games. None of the guys released had a shot, although since Mizyurin is only a 98' it would be awesome to see him stick aroun for the Growlers. Although more than likely he's heading back to Russia.

Selleck, Molino, Jardine, Cumiskey and Peters are the next wave. Even if the Leafs end up moving out some depth in net or on defense, these guys are not going to stick around. They are needed more for the Growlers anyways.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Jeremy Bracco may have not made the Toronto Maple Leafs, but the kid's got personality. Listen to him smack talk his scrimmage opponents, bust his own teammates chops and crown himself game MVP.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Didn't notice this anywhere

SDA has an assist in 2 games
Stotts has an assist in 3 games
McGregor has 2 goals and an assist in 3 games

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
Ian Scott is currently shutting out the undefeated Saskatoon Blades through 2 periods. The Blades had scored 14 goals in their first 3 games (although 8 of them came against a pretty bad team in Swift Current). Scott has made 99 saves on 105 shots in 3 & 2/3 games this season.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Well Durzi and Hollowel should be 2 of the best defenceman in the league. I thought Durzi should've at least got a chance on the Marlies. Also hopefully SDA gets traded, but it should be a good challenge for him on a crappy team to put up good points.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ian Scott will hopefully have a bit of a breakout year. The kid has tools, but hard to show them on what was an awful team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad