Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread: Marlies Calder Cup Champions Edition - Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pretty sure he has maintained that he isn’t coming to North America until he has accomplished his goal of playing a big role with his Russian club.

It is the same position he had last year as well. No change.

He initially was planning on coming over this year. Lokomotive were going to have him play in their top 6, and they are likely to be a playoff team, so he decided to stay for another year.

Obviously no one knows when he is coming over. He only signed a 1 year deal, so he's obviously taking it year by year, so probably even he doesn't even know.

At the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with having guys stashed in the KHL, SHL, etc, such as Jesper Lindgren, Yegor Koshkov, Vladislav Kara, Eemili Rasanan, Mire Aaltonen, Vladimir Bobylev, etc because we hold their rights indefinitley.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I have a gut feeling Yegor Korshkov will be able to step right into the top 9, possibly even the top 6 when he finally comes across.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He initially was planning on coming over this year. Lokomotive were going to have him play in their top 6, and they are likely to be a playoff team, so he decided to stay for another year.

Obviously no one knows when he is coming over. He only signed a 1 year deal, so he's obviously taking it year by year, so probably even he doesn't even know.

At the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with having guys stashed in the KHL, SHL, etc, such as Jesper Lindgren, Yegor Koshkov, Vladislav Kara, Eemili Rasanan, Mire Aaltonen, Vladimir Bobylev, etc because we hold their rights indefinitley.

Only get to keep them indefinitely in the KHL and NLA (and their lower leagues). Although stashing Lindgren is fine because we have him on ELC (so he just burns a year of ELC instead). Plus we would have been able to keep him another year anyways.

Although agree on the rest. No room for them on the Marlies right now anyways.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Only get to keep them indefinitely in the KHL and NLA (and their lower leagues). Although stashing Lindgren is fine because we have him on ELC (so he just burns a year of ELC instead). Plus we would have been able to keep him another year anyways.

Although agree on the rest. No room for them on the Marlies right now anyways.

Ah, you're correct on Lindgren

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Saying a player will need to fight for a spot a year from now is such an odd thing to try and predict.

Like, what if they get hurt seriously. What if they retire. What if they get traded.

Also, Marleau is a robot im pretty sure. The dude willingly sits in ice baths between periods. He hasn't missed game since 2008.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Saying a player will need to fight for a spot a year from now is such an odd thing to try and predict.

Like, what if they get hurt seriously. What if they retire. What if they get traded.

Also, Marleau is a robot im pretty sure. The dude willingly sits in ice baths between periods. He hasn't missed game since 2008.
It was just an idiotic comment.

He scored 27 last year and he's playing with Matthews this year.

What if he scores 35? Are the Leafs going to be looking to buy him out?

What if he regresses and only scores 25?!

Reactions: stickty111

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

I expect Johnsson, Levio, Kappy to push for Marleau's spot next season, I also expect Moore, Brooks, Grunstrum, Timashov,Korshkov, Bracco to push for a spot on the team.Its not really odd or hard to think ahead and make predictions lol ... cheers

Last edited:

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I also expect Moore, Brooks, Grunstrum, Timashov,Korshkov, Bracco

I expect Korshkov to sign to play in the KHL another year. I also expect 2 of the above to be traded before next year, most likely Moore and Timashov and these slots in the depth chart to be filled by a combination of Engvall, Marchment and/or 1-2 unexpected AHL contracted boomers who earned ELCs by next spring. And if SDA has a boffo year in the OHL, he also may be in the mix for an Ennis type role. Johnsson and Brown will need to watch their backs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maple Leafs

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
It was just an idiotic comment.

He scored 27 last year and he's playing with Matthews this year.

What if he scores 35? Are the Leafs going to be looking to buy him out?

What if he regresses and only scores 25?!

If he scores 35, he will have earned his paycheck and I will definitely had to eat myself some crow. Honestly, that crow would look mighty tasty.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'm thinking Marleau has to win his spot at next years camp, it wont be given to him ... imo

None of us can guess what happens to Marleau in this upcoming season. But he hasn't missed a game in a decade and still has his legs. If there's a 40 year old I'd bet a year in advance on being able to answer the bell for another NHL season, it's Patrick Marleau.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
None of us can guess what happens to Marleau in this upcoming season. But he hasn't missed a game in a decade and still has his legs. If there's a 40 year old I'd bet a year in advance on being able to answer the bell for another NHL season, it's Patrick Marleau.

we will see what happens, i could be right or wrong, no biggie. I make lots of posts, etc while just killing time on here. I like Marleau but i'm just observing and posting on how i see the team evolving. I have made posts last season about his health, genetics. and being impressed by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino