Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread: Marlies Calder Cup Champions Edition - Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I am very impressed with Sandin.

To me he was out best D, which worries me considering Liljegren is older and Zatisev is supposed to be a core member of the team.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica

To me he was out best D, which worries me considering Liljegren is older and Zatisev is supposed to be a core member of the team.
if you are worried about anything based off the 1st game action of the pre-season for these guys, you probably worry too much in general? :huh:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Under the radar. How great is it to let these two 1 st rounders develop properly without throwing them in like a Jim Benning. They looked very natural together last night. Apparently the possession numbers were through the roof.

Reactions: Menzinger

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Under the radar. How great is it to let these two 1 st rounders develop properly without throwing them in like a Jim Benning. They looked very natural together last night. Apparently the possession numbers were through the roof.

and not spewing out crap like "he has mcdavid speed" or in their case "Liljegren has karlsson like offensive instincts"

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Looking. at some of these posts, I never thought I would see it. Folks saying the Leafs (Marlies) have too many good dmen, especially RHD.
Yes, the Leafs do have hope to have a cost efficient good defence soon.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

It was the first game of preseason for a split-squad. Let's tap the breaks here.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Sandin - Liljigren to the Marlies as a pairing, make it happen.

Durzi gets Bracco treatment with the Marlies this year.

Hollowell starts in the ECHL with the Leafs have good development tabs on him.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Sandin - Liljigren to the Marlies as a pairing, make it happen.

Durzi gets Bracco treatment with the Marlies this year.

Hollowell starts in the ECHL with the Leafs have good development tabs on him.

I think hollowell may go back the the OHL, not impossible Durzi does too I hope not though

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
What more does he have to gain in the OHL?

Doesn't he have 1 more year of eligibility?

The Soo's blueline is wide open. I think it's a good situation.

IT IS ONLY ONE GAME! Here give this a watch, it is Dubas talking about analytics and recency bias

I guess I could just post the same milquetoast thing that everyone else posts, would that be more palatable?

I have never liked Zaitsev, and he seem to just reinforce my negative bias each time I watch him play. Bad decision making, losing battles constantly, strange positioning, lacks offensive tools.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I have never liked Zaitsev, and he seem to just reinforce my negative bias each time I watch him play. Bad decision making, losing battles constantly, strange positioning, lacks offensive tools.

You may be right in objecting to the accusation against you of recency bias. People need to be more fair to you. Your post sounds more like a classic example of confirmation bias.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
I'm still finding difficult to get used to the new breed of NHL defenceman, the Dermott types verses the old archetype of big, mean net clearer Luke Schenn types. It's seems very weird to me but I'm glad the Leafs are ahead of curve on this one with Liljegren, Sandin, Durzi, Lindgren...even Rosen.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Sandin had a nice game, still not convinced he’s ready for the physical play at the AHL level though. He was considerably lacking in that category before the summer. I would send him back to juniors (or a less physical euro league) for another year.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I'm still finding difficult to get used to the new breed of NHL defenceman, the Dermott types verses the old archetype of big, mean net clearer Luke Schenn types. It's seems very weird to me but I'm glad the Leafs are ahead of curve on this one with Liljegren, Sandin, Durzi, Lindgren...even Rosen.

It's not that big and mean is bad. It's just that skating/moving the puck/positional play are the best things to focus on. If you can find a guy that does that, but also has size and a bit of a mean streak? Great.

But if it's a guy with size and a mean streak who isn't a great skater, can't move the puck effectively, and is only so-so in terms of positioning, they're not going to be a good player.

Reactions: Stand Witness
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad