Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread: Marlies Calder Cup Champions Edition - Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I've long maintained that Bracco is our most overrated prospect... not surprised by the slow start.

His compete level, lack of top speed, play away from the puck are problems for him. He also comes across as too cocky/immature in his interviews. Grundstrom and Engvall ahead of him for sure. Timashov is not an NHL prospect imo.

I agree... i don't think Sandin wanted to go back to the Soo, its only reason i can think of. I thought Dubas would send him back to help his hometown team. for sure. He will spend a lot of time with the practice squad and play a handful of games.

He proved at camp he can outsmart NHL players and prospects. He is hard to read and poised with the puck. He also battles hard, isnt afraid to engage players. For me his IQ cemented himself in the AHL. Its a great he earned it. He can now adjust his game closer to the pro level, he has to make far quicker decisions and strong decisions in the AHL vs the OHL.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
How bad of an injury Kral has ? Havent play a single game so far?
My fav pick from the draft so concerned, thats all

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I haven’t seen myself but had a short discussion here that he had looked uninvolved / uninterested for the most part.

Discussion here on Hf boards? Where 99% of hasn’t heard of him before the draft let alone seen him play, posters here now say he looks uninterested. If so that is peak HF boards.

I may be misreading your post. ‘Here’ may be an actual place and not here as in Hf boards

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I agree... i don't think Sandin wanted to go back to the Soo, its only reason i can think of. I thought Dubas would send him back to help his hometown team. for sure. He will spend a lot of time with the practice squad and play a handful of games.

Well you can stop with the silly misconception that dubas will help out the soo when ever he gets a chance. I bet you were one of the posters upset we picked sandin because “dubas is just picking a player because he was at the soo <insert other late first, same talent player> is so much better”

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think I would've rather Sandin in Sweden or dominating OHL for 20-25 mins a game, than getting 10 minutes a game every once in awhile in the AHL.
One thing about his development is he needs to gain some size and strength which is pretty much impossible playing a full regular season. I'm sure our development team will play him enough to keep his on ice learning going while balancing that and his physical development.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sandin with the Marlies is the best move. It made zero sense to go back to the OHL has the other options were so much better.

I thought Rogle was where he would end up but I'm happy he will be with Keefe and the Marlies.

He had a great camp, so I'm hoping his injury didn't slow him down too much.

Last edited:

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Discussion here on Hf boards? Where 99% of hasn’t heard of him before the draft let alone seen him play, posters here now say he looks uninterested. If so that is peak HF boards.

I may be misreading your post. ‘Here’ may be an actual place and not here as in Hf boards

Someone on HF who is a Petes fan and saw him both before and after. Just because 99% hasn’t heard of him, 1% has and I spoke to them.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Someone on HF who is a Petes fan and saw him both before and after. Just because 99% hasn’t heard of him, 1% has and I spoke to them.

eh, a petes fan says it also doesn't make it true. Is it not possible the kid is just having a slow start? players over a season go into and out of slumps and when a player is in a slump they often look "uninterested". I find it extremely hard to believe that 1 NHL camp would go to a kids head like that. Is that Petes fan also a leaf fan? if not there is inherent bias automatically built into that persons "scouting report"

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Glad to see Engvall and Grunstrom producing so far. I think they'll both be NHL players, although I'm really intrigued by Engvall's skill set. Skates well for someone whos 6'4, has a heavy wrister.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
eh, a petes fan says it also doesn't make it true. Is it not possible the kid is just having a slow start? players over a season go into and out of slumps and when a player is in a slump they often look "uninterested". I find it extremely hard to believe that 1 NHL camp would go to a kids head like that. Is that Petes fan also a leaf fan? if not there is inherent bias automatically built into that persons "scouting report"

Are you insinuating that Leafs fans are unbiased, or that all non-leafs fans hate the leafs??

Its okay to be critical about a player, and still hoping that he turns it around. There is nothing wrong with saying a player "LOOKS" uninterested... its probably true... Lets just hope he turns it around.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Are you insinuating that Leafs fans are unbiased, or that all non-leafs fans hate the leafs??

Its okay to be critical about a player, and still hoping that he turns it around. There is nothing wrong with saying a player "LOOKS" uninterested... its probably true... Lets just hope he turns it around.

nope I am not, we are biased for sure. On this particular website you will really really struggle to find a non leaf fan that doesn't hate the leafs. Indifferent may be the best you will find and there isn't too many of those either.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Future Of The Six‏ @FutureOfTheSix 20m20 minutes ago
More
Ian Scott posted a 24-save shutout last night in Prince Albert’s 3-0 win over Everett. Scott is now 11-1-2 with a 1.50 GAA and .947 SV% on the year #WHL

didn't have a great 2 seasons since draft, but this is an excellent start to this season. Goalies are such a crapshoot especially in the CHL

edit: my bad only 1 year since draft I guess I meant draft -1 and draft +1 seasons

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
nope I am not, we are biased for sure. On this particular website you will really really struggle to find a non leaf fan that doesn't hate the leafs. Indifferent may be the best you will find and there isn't too many of those either.

Oh, come on... There are more Neutral non-Leafs fans than Leafs haters on this site... the haters are just more vocal...

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Oh, come on... There are more Neutral non-Leafs fans than Leafs haters on this site... the haters are just more vocal...

of course I don't have proof (neither do you) but the vocal minority (or majority) is all we have, posters who don't say anything aren't proof they are neutral and posters who come and post something not negative about the leafs are so few and far between its easy to assume that leafs hate is in the majority on this site. For the record I don't care that the leafs are hated, I love it actually, but anywhere outside of the leaf board you post something about the leafs and majority of the replies are negative at a minimum

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

eh, a petes fan says it also doesn't make it true

I never said it does. Someone just asked for thoughts.

Is it not possible the kid is just having a slow start? players over a season go into and out of slumps and when a player is in a slump they often look "uninterested".

So you agree he might look uninterested.

I find it extremely hard to believe that 1 NHL camp would go to a kids head like that.

Like what? I didn't say anything about going to his head.

Is that Petes fan also a leaf fan? if not there is inherent bias automatically built into that persons "scouting report"

Just because a poster identified that a prospect isn't doing well (which I think we can all agree he isn't), which you agree with by saying he's off to a slow start (i.e., not doing well), doesn't make them not a Leafs fan. They were on the Marlies board, so I think there's a good chance he is. He was just giving an account of games he watched.

Don't get so defensive, it's just people on the internet sharing their opinions.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I never said it does. Someone just asked for thoughts.

So you agree he might look uninterested.

Like what? I didn't say anything about going to his head.

Just because a poster identified that a prospect isn't doing well (which I think we can all agree he isn't), which you agree with by saying he's off to a slow start (i.e., not doing well), doesn't make them not a Leafs fan. They were on the Marlies board, so I think there's a good chance he is. He was just giving an account of games he watched.

Don't get so defensive, it's just people on the internet sharing their opinions.

right I said when players are in a slump they can look "uninterested" that doesn't mean they are at all,

I guess another poster said something about going to his head then

he has had a slow start no doubt I agree, I just cant believe that he would be uninterested in the OHL right now it comes across at a dig at the player nothing more. He is in a slump like bracco has been is he uninterested in the AHL now?, likely reading too much into it but insinuating a player is uninterested 5 months after being drafted as the youngest player in the draft (or one of) smacks of someone just not liking that player, and ive seen cases on our own board of a few posters who don't like dubas shit on all of draft picks because he wasn't Hunter (one in particular)

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
right I said when players are in a slump they can look "uninterested" that doesn't mean they are at all,

I guess another poster said something about going to his head then

he has had a slow start no doubt I agree, I just cant believe that he would be uninterested in the OHL right now it comes across at a dig at the player nothing more. He is in a slump like bracco has been is he uninterested in the AHL now?, likely reading too much into it but insinuating a player is uninterested 5 months after being drafted as the youngest player in the draft (or one of) smacks of someone just not liking that player, and ive seen cases on our own board of a few posters who don't like dubas **** on all of draft picks because he wasn't Hunter (one in particular)

The poster said and I repeated that he looks uninterested. I'm sure he wasn't claiming that he is no longer interested in playing hockey.

Seriously what are you even arguing? Stop @'ing me.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Im in the minority here; but I really believe if Rosen can clean some things up he can be with the Leafs next year. Excellent in the playoffs last year, has some offensive ability and is an excellent skater. Love to see him take Jakes spot next year if he can reach that next level.

Last edited:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Well you can stop with the silly misconception that dubas will help out the soo when ever he gets a chance. I bet you were one of the posters upset we picked sandin because “dubas is just picking a player because he was at the soo <insert other late first, same talent player> is so much better”

relax guy and try not to involve me in these silly posts.

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The poster said and I repeated that he looks uninterested. I'm sure he wasn't claiming that he is no longer interested in playing hockey.

Seriously what are you even arguing? Stop @'ing me.

@ing you? I’m replying to you I’m not randomly adding @mavis to other posts I’m directly replying to you

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This is a bug year for Bracco. Not the greatest start with 2 points in 8 games. In the two games I saw him this year, even though he scored, he didn't produce much 5on5. He looks good on the pp. I think its safe to say at this point, Grundstrom is well ahead of him, especially with what he brings. If Bracco doesn't have a great year, I think Engvall and even Timashov may pull ahead of him as well.
Timashov isnt ahead of him. He hasnt done anything noticable in his 2 years.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Don’t really follow him, is this legit or a by product of a stacked team?

Those are really impressive numbers for a goalie I haven’t heard much about.

Scott was a part of a terrible PA team for his first couple years.

I remember a lot of posters on these boards comparing him to Murray with his first couple in the Soo. He went from 4.08 GAA / .876SV% in his 2nd year to 2.57 GAA / 921 SV% in his final year in the OHL. The numbers will likely take a bit of a correction for Scott, but should be significantly better than the 892 from his 1st year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad