Prospect Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Boy I really hope Horvat keeps it up. I would really love to see him take control of the 3C role on the Canucks. Pressure is going to get to him but still I hope he can handle it and Torts can help him through it and make him a better player.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I have a feeling Torts will love Horvat. Good, hardworking player that doesn't shy away from the hard areas.

Wetcoaster

Shinkaruk really needs to pick it up. He's far from a lock for the WJC if he produces at his current rate.
He has been sidelined for two weeks with a hip injury suffered on October 23 and is just rounding back into shape.

Wetcoaster

I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter came back to early from his injury just so he doesn't miss the cut for the juniors team. He may still miss it as he hasn't lit it up post injury.
He has said he is playing through the injury.

Shinkaruk suffered a hip injury after being clipped in a game in Portland last month. He spent two weeks off skates and only recently returned to the Tigers’ lineup. The hip is better, but Shinkaruk acknowledged it is still giving him some trouble.

“I kind of fell on it weird and it has been bugging me ever since,†Shinkaruk said. “I took about 14 days off, I didn’t skate, and I have played the last four. It feels okay, sometimes when I am skating it’s a little bit sore, but that is part of the game.â€

Shinkaruk wants to keep playing, not only to help his Medicine Hat teammates, but to hopefully realize a childhood dream of playing in the World Junior tourney.

“That is one of my biggest goals this year,†he said. “It has been one of my biggest goals since I was a young kid. It’s my last chance to make it, so I want to make sure I go out and am doing my best to make that team. If I do make it and get to go over to Sweden and put on the jersey it will be something that will be unbelievable.â€​
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...ack+memories/9172277/story.html#ixzz2krQdh7y4

Wetcoaster

So someone who actually went and watched Shinkaruk play pretty much confirmed what some of us were saying: that he hasn't been good enough. Thanks Reds81.
One game coming off an injury does not tell you much.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Boy I really hope Horvat keeps it up. I would really love to see him take control of the 3C role on the Canucks. Pressure is going to get to him but still I hope he can handle it and Torts can help him through it and make him a better player.

In a perfect world, when/if the Sedins go back to Sweden in 5 years, Horvat will be our 1C and Gaunce our 2C.

In a good world, when/if the Sedins go back to Sweden in 5 years, Horvat will be our 2C and Gaunce our 3C.

In a meh world, when/if the Sedins go back to Sweden in 5 years, Horvat is our 3C and Gaunce our 4C.

In a **** world, when/if the Sedins go back to Sweden in 5 years, Horvat and Gaunce are still struggling in Utica

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
In a perfect world, when/if the Sedins go back to Sweden in 5 years, Horvat will be our 1C and Gaunce our 2C.

In a good world, when/if the Sedins go back to Sweden in 5 years, Horvat will be our 2C and Gaunce our 3C.

In a meh world, when/if the Sedins go back to Sweden in 5 years, Horvat is our 3C and Gaunce our 4C.

In a **** world, when/if the Sedins go back to Sweden in 5 years, Horvat and Gaunce are still struggling in Utica
Statements like these don't mean much because they could be average NHLers and filling top six roles, indicating bad depth and lack of talent. Or they could be excellent NHLers and could be filling 3rd lines roles, indicating a high level of depth and talent.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
London beats Bellevile 6-3.

Horvat: 0G 2A 2P -1 0PIM
Liberati: 0G 1A 1P +1 0PIM

Gaunce: 0G 0A 0P 0 0PIM
Subban: 1G 0A 1P +1 0PIM

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
11/16/13

OHL:

London 6 Belleville 3
-Bo Horvat - 2 assists, Even
-Miles Liberati - 1 assist, +2

-Brendan Gaunce - 0 points, 2 PIMS, -1
-Jordan Subban - 1 goal, Even

Oshawa 4 Owen Sound 2
-Cole Cassels - 0 points, 2 PIMS, +1

WHL:

Medicine Hat 3 Kelowna 4
-Hunter Shinkaruk - 2 assists, +1

Portland 7 Kamloops 3
-Anton Cederholm - 0 points, +1

NCAA:

Harvard 5 Princeton 3
-Patrick McNally - 0 points, 2 PIMS, 3 shots, -1 *McNally's first game after his suspension going back to early last season. He skated on the top pairing with fellow suspended player Max Everson.

Wisconsin 3 Miami 2
-Joseph LaBate - 1 goal (game winner), 2 shots, +1

Sacred Heart 1 Yale 5
-Matthew Beattie - Not in lineup

SHL:

Brynas 2 Farjestad 6
-Anton Rodin - 1 assist, 2 shots, Even *Skated at RW on the 1st line with Andreas Thuresson and Jesper Ollas.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
LaBate impressing this season with 6p in 8gp, 3g 3a. He's at 0.75ppg while last season he was 0.56.

Cant wait to see him in the AHL next year if those rumours are true!

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
LaBate impressing this season with 6p in 8gp, 3g 3a. He's at 0.75ppg while last season he was 0.56.

Cant wait to see him in the AHL next year if those rumours are true!

he might leave college for the AHL? any link to these rumours he still have one more year of eligibility though

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
he might leave college for the AHL? any link to these rumours he still have one more year of eligibility though

I forget the article but it was an interview with the coach and he was saying that there were a couple guys he didn't expect back for their Senior year, LaBate included.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Nice stick work, skating and shot. Would never happen in the NHL though.

I was expecting an amazing goal, but all he did was stripped a guy (nice) and skate fast (nice), beat nobody and scored on a long shot that should have been stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad