Prospect Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
I went to the Giants game on Friday to watch Shinkaruk play. He had a weak first and second period but to be fair the whole team was playing terribly. The Giants went up 3-0 in the first. In the third Shinkaruk really began to come on. He had several beautiful rushes and if his team had a little more finish he would have had several assists. He takes a lot of shots however they all seemed to be fairly easy saves for the Giants goaltender. He either needs to work on varying up what kind of shots he took (they all seemed to be either wrist shots of one timers) or he might be having a difficult time getting his shot off because of his hip injury. He also fought Thrower at the end of the game which was not the best decision he made that night; got his ass handed to him.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
If Subban doesn't grow much more before he is able to play pro, they may want to try converting him into a forward. Defensemen these days rarely succeed when they're small, and Subban seems to have many coveted offensive attributes. He may need to play a season in the ECHL to help adapt, but it may be better for his career in the long run. The kid is a project, no matter how you decide to look at it.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
If Subban doesn't grow much more before he is able to play pro, they may want to try converting him into a forward. Defensemen these days rarely succeed when they're small, and Subban seems to have many coveted offensive attributes. He may need to play a season in the ECHL to help adapt, but it may be better for his career in the long run. The kid is a project, no matter how you decide to look at it.

I kind of look at Subban as a gamble on a late growth spurt. He's unlikely to be an impact player without growth (though obviously he could be successful like Enstrom), but if he grows a few inches, then he essentially becomes a player who should have been drafted in the first round.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

Dead on - easier to turn a smallish D-man into a forward than turn a large forward in a D man. i was advocating that a few months ago - but doubt it happens until he turns pro.

Wetcoaster

I kind of look at Subban as a gamble on a late growth spurt. He's unlikely to be an impact player without growth (though obviously he could be successful like Enstrom), but if he grows a few inches, then he essentially becomes a player who should have been drafted in the first round.
Hopefully Chris Tanev V2.0???

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
McEneny scored a goal on the PP in a 6-3 win over the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
he's not going get taller if he lifts like this at his age.

images

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Look at how advanced his muscle development is though, I can't see him growing much more.

Probably won't but guys can still get a bit taller as they go into their 20's so there's hope, if not we'll just tie him between 2 cars

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Pathrik Westerholm is leading the Allsvenskan in goals and points right now.

Anybody know if the Canucks still hold his rights? Was pretty sure they didn't and he went back into the draft and went undrafted.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Bo was assigned to us. I had*watched him play Jr. B as well.

He is a great kid but expensive to feed. He has really changed our lifestyle.

No wonder they call him "Ox" IIRC. I don't know about what he said at the end of the email, but this part was awesome. :laugh:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter came back to early from his injury just so he doesn't miss the cut for the juniors team. He may still miss it as he hasn't lit it up post injury.

Yeah, he even admitted he decided to come back a little early and that it's still sore apparently. Hope it doesnt backfire on him.

arsmaster*

If Subban can't make it as a D, I highly doubt he makes it as a forward.

How many non elite 5'9" forwards are there in the show?

May 31, 2006
Pathrik Westerholm is leading the Allsvenskan in goals and points right now.

Anybody know if the Canucks still hold his rights? Was pretty sure they didn't and he went back into the draft and went undrafted.

He scored a hat trick and an assist in his last game.

I always thought he was a good pick, even if he doesn't pan out. His brother sucks though.

We should be taking more high-scoring Swedish junior players late in the draft. Look at how well Janmark-Nylen and Andreas Johnson are doing in the SHL.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
He scored a hat trick and an assist in his last game.

I always thought he was a good pick, even if he doesn't pan out. His brother sucks though.

We should be taking more high-scoring Swedish junior players late in the draft. Look at how well Janmark-Nylen and Andreas Johnson are doing in the SHL.

Janmark-Nylen was a player I felt like we should have been looking at taking. We had eyes on him all season and he was keeping pace with Jensen in points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->