Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I don't see any reason to not retain Petrov's rights and just keep everything status quo. He isn't coming over to play in the AHL, he is going to want an NHL spot/pay, and he is getting experience in the KHL. This is the perfect solution for all parties. Let Petrov marinate in the KHL while we discover what the current bounty of Isles prospects/young players can be. Then, if it becomes a numbers game (assuming Strome, Nelson, Lee, MDC, and perhaps Ho-Sang and/or Colberg all pan out to sme degree as NHL players), if Petrov wants to come over, a trade could be made for the final piece to make a run at the Cup. At some point the Isles probably are going to have to make a deal from the depth of their prospect pool at F and D but there is no rush to do so just yet. I think at the earliest that deal is mid-year f the season or at the trade deadline.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
With the recent additions, and the guys in the pipeline, do we really want/need this guy at this point? He hasn't exactly been lighting it up over in the KHL.

I think it's time to move on. Maybe deal his rights or something, if we still have them, and if he wants to come over.

The bigger picture is...if Petrov was to say he would play in the NHL, maybe a team that still views him as a big time talent and is starting their own rebuild would trade for him and other assets for a veteran top 4 defenseman.

I still don't see Petrov playing in North America, but like any other player or draft pick I see him as an asset that could be traded for another asset.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
My posting of the article was to point out that the KHL seems to be collapsing in on itself. We could see more players coming over because of that fact, Petrov being one of them. He is still an asset and one that we can hopefully take advantage of in the future.

Plus this may KHL issue may drive Koskinen back to us as well.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Petrov is waiting till he doesn't have to sign an ELC. It's about the money and nothing else. He can still have a full career in the NHL, but didn't want to get discounted because he is still considered a rookie.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Don't know if it's been posted yet but here are the Development Camp teams and roster:

http://www.islandersinsight.com/2014/07/islanders-prospects-take-ice-mini-camp/

Reinhart and Pulock and Pelech on the same team.
Pokka Mayfield and Pedan on the other

Ho-Sang with Reinhart and company, Dal Colle going against him.

I think I'm gonna try n go to this one.

I never take these games too seriously, but I am excited to see if there's any instant chemistry between ho sang and cammarata.

mdc has his work cut out for him, going against Reinhardt, pelech, pulock and his best possible linemates are sutter and VCR? ouch. I don't doubt that he'll put on a show anyway. love that the Isles took him.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Don't know if it's been posted yet but here are the Development Camp teams and roster:

http://www.islandersinsight.com/2014/07/islanders-prospects-take-ice-mini-camp/

Reinhart and Pulock and Pelech on the same team.
Pokka Mayfield and Pedan on the other

Ho-Sang with Reinhart and company, Dal Colle going against him.

I think I'm gonna try n go to this one.

Who are half of these kids? The only 2 I've heard of that the Isles don't have in the system are James Mazza and John Schiavo. So many invites, I would have expected them to use the local talent more then they did.

BroadwayJay*

Who are half of these kids? The only 2 I've heard of that the Isles don't have in the system are James Mazza and John Schiavo. So many invites, I would have expected them to use the local talent more then they did.

I think my invite got lost in the mail.

Its fine anyway, I'm not mad. I was going out of town already.

No big deal, seriously. I didn't want to play. Its totally fine. I had plans.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

That's usually the case. I'm surprised they didn't invite Fortunado (sp?) unless he's going into the 2015 draft.

BroadwayJay*

That's usually the case. I'm surprised they didn't invite Fortunado (sp?) unless he's going into the 2015 draft.

I'm definitely not mad. I'm sure they had priorities over guys in their 30s with slow feet and stone hands.

It really isn't a big deal, like I said I already had plans for that night so it is fine.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I'm definitely not mad. I'm sure they had priorities over guys in their 30s with slow feet and stone hands.

It really isn't a big deal, like I said I already had plans for that night so it is fine.

You should look up some of the guys they brought recently. A couple kids who played ACHA D2 that weren't even close to comparable with anyone on the ice, Wangs annual Asian invite that looks out of place and a few guys who were random invites that were downright bad.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013

They probably knew you were busy, so they didn't even bother.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Very interested in seeing Somerby

If you can't wait a few days, this might hold you over...

MV5BMTQ0MDA1MzU2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM3ODAwMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR8,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Can Pokka play in the NHL this year? Or does he need another year to develop?

I think he can, but a year to adjust to the NA ice will probably go a long way. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the NHL at some point this year though, especially if Visnovsky goes down. He'll have to be playing pretty well in Bridgeport though, obviously.

TheIslesFan

Apr 2, 2008
NY
Hey guys,

Haven't followed him too closely this year, but how was Ville Pokka's year?

Is he slated for the Bridge or heading back to Finland for a year?

BroadwayJay*

Hey guys,

Haven't followed him too closely this year, but how was Ville Pokka's year?

Is he slated for the Bridge or heading back to Finland for a year?

I believe he was a finalist for Finland's Norris equivalent. So pretty good, I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad