Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Where did you read that?

Snow mentioned it after the Vanek trade. He said he had Collberg rated as a first round pick. Montreal snatched him up right before our pick, and we picked Pokka. Collberg probably would have been the only forward we picked in that draft.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Snow mentioned it after the Vanek trade. He said he had Collberg rated as a first round pick. Montreal snatched him up right before our pick, and we picked Pokka. Collberg probably would have been the only forward we picked in that draft.

Exactly. I read it during my stunned haze after the Vanek deal went down. I am glad I did not have to look for that quote, it would have brought up painful memories of proposed trades for Toffoli, Gibson, Etem and others......

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Collberg probably would have been the only forward we picked in that draft.

Have seen him internationally a lot in recent years. I've never really gotten the feeling that he's a future NHLer, but I hope I'm wrong.

Ironically, I think he plays a lot like Nylander, but I'd take Nylander every day of the week and Sunday too if I had the choice. They are in the same mold though.

That Collberg wasn't able to produce in almost two years of SHL play is reason for slight concern, because his game and skillset has not been translating well to the pro game, but things could and hopefully will change with time.

Gotta wonder what that shoulder injury will mean for his development next season.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

That's exactly what you say AFTER you trade for anyone. Given that we barely hear from Snow and when we do it's a plethora of cliches, either Snow is lying about Collberg as he was the best he could get at the deadline or he has no idea how to rate players. I'd bet my face it's the former.

YashinWorksHard

Jun 14, 2012
That's exactly what you say AFTER you trade for anyone. Given that we barely hear from Snow and when we do it's a plethora of cliches, either Snow is lying about Collberg as he was the best he could get at the deadline or he has no idea how to rate players. I'd bet my face it's the former.

This :handclap:

Really, really interesting the comparison between Collberg, Nylander and the problems to translate that skill set to the pros. I never thought about that comparison but is really interesting because i always wonder if Nylander's game will translate well to the pros. Obviously Nylander is better but like Chapin said, they have a similar game (i think Collberg even has better shot).

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Obviously Nylander is better but like Chapin said, they have a similar game (i think Collberg even has better shot).

Then it must be a DAMN good shot, because one of the things that is surprisingly great about Nylander is that he can fire snapshots with pinpoint accuracy, sometimes even from the blueline, that are as hard/quick as many other players' slapshots.

He has really deceptive strength in that department. Definitely not an asset to be taken lightly.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Hey you never really know who's the winner of a trade for a couple of years. Honestly I don't think Collberg will be anything special but who knows and maybe both of the picks we sent to Buffalo bust and dont play a game in the NHL.

Hopefully that pick doesn't turn out that good. I does happen, I mean look at the first round picks we gave up in te Smyth trade. They turned into nothing. That looked bad at that time, but now it doesn't look as bad. Hopefully this is what happens with the Vanek trade.

BroadwayJay*

Then it must be a DAMN good shot, because one of the things that is surprisingly great about Nylander is that he can fire snapshots with pinpoint accuracy, sometimes even from the blueline, that are as hard/quick as many other players' slapshots.

He has really deceptive strength in that department. Definitely not an asset to be taken lightly.

I mentioned this in another post at one point, but when you watch his videos he is sniping top corner from between the top of the circle and the blue line. He does that REGULARLY. That's just amazing to me.

He has a skillset that I don't think I've ever seen at that age before.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Crus Rydberg selected to represent Sweden at the WJC this december. Will be nice to get a real look at him.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

Of course it's exactly what you hear after you trade for someone. You traded for him. You targeted him and have interest in him.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Before you two start going Star Trek mosh pit with spears on each other, I asked this same question back when we first got Collberg and several posters said that it was mentioned back during Collberg's draft. I did not vet the information personally but the suggestion sounded believable and the posters who said it didn't have an angle either way.

I wouldn't sweat it. We all know Snow F'd up. What's left to get mad about?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Of course it's exactly what you hear after you trade for someone. You traded for him. You targeted him and have interest in him.

Just a touch off the path- but when Garth signs Heatley he can say that we wanted him all along.
Funny since we picked first. Sorry off prospects

nc1972

Jun 3, 2006
Heatly

Yes but it was Milbury that took Rick and left Heatly and Gaborik on the board.
With Luongo already in hand this was just another poor choice that would drag this franchise down.:cry:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Just a touch off the path- but when Garth signs Heatley he can say that we wanted him all along.
Funny since we picked first. Sorry off prospects

Yes but it was Milbury that took Rick and left Heatly and Gaborik on the board.
With Luongo already in hand this was just another poor choice that would drag this franchise down.:cry:

Just to add, Milbury said back in an IPB video that the scouts were leaning towards Gaborik on not Heatley.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Sabres fan coming in the spirit of brotherly love: I made a thread on the Prospects board about the rather unique and frankly awesome possibility of all three Reinhart brothers, following different developmental paths, all having their rookie seasons this year. I'd love some insight from you guys on Griffin's chances or any other thoughts on Brothers Reinhart.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Sabres fan coming in the spirit of brotherly love: I made a thread on the Prospects board about the rather unique and frankly awesome possibility of all three Reinhart brothers, following different developmental paths, all having their rookie seasons this year. I'd love some insight from you guys on Griffin's chances or any other thoughts on Brothers Reinhart.

Welcome. I'd say Griff would absolutely have to fall flat on his face and **** the bed to NOT make the islanders.

Pretty good chance we will see SamvsGriff the first isles sabers game.

WOW pretty unique circumstance. 3 brothers all drafted different years potentially have their rookie seasons together. Prett cool

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I don't know if Rydberg is just another Figren, but Collberg is definitely a much better prospect than Rydberg and we have to hope that he'll turn himself into an NHL option after two seasons of AHL play.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

I believe Griff is pretty much a lock.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I don't know if Rydberg is just another Figren, but Collberg is definitely a much better prospect than Rydberg and we have to hope that he'll turn himself into an NHL option after two seasons of AHL play.

Yeah, I agree Collberg is a much better prospect than Rydberg. Collberg has excellent speed, and an NHL shot, very heavy shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad