Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Don't like Pulock wearing #6, just doesn't look right. Give him #2 like in juniors, it just looks right. Give Reinhart #4.

I have felt the same way for Both as well...the 8 on Griff does not bother me as much as the 6 on Pulock though

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Awesome stuff. I can't wait to see these guys play.
Is it October yet?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Ville Pokka now 6-0/194 (was 5-11/200)

Sort of sad that 1 inch makes him sound like a much better prospect. Now if he can only get up to 6'1

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Our defensive prospects are all a very good size, some absolute beasts in amongst them.

Reinhart up to 217lbs, animal. Pelech is 6'3 220, beast and someone who is really flying under the radar, he's a great prospect. Pulock getting ripped at 212lbs and he's 6'2. Mayfield is now 6'5 and 218lbs.

Those are big bodied defensemen right there. Love the size we have coming through on our back end.

...and its not JUST the size. these arent huge traffic cones out there. all of them are very agile and have good speed.

over under on whether the BPT defense outscores the FWDS?

Hershey Hockey

#AskNeal
Oct 5, 2010
Hershey, PA
Staple tweeted yesterday that Pokka will go back to play in Europe for the season if he does not make the Islanders out of camp; he added that he does not expect him to make the team making this the likely scenario. My question is if/when he does, that doesn't burn a year off his contract, right? That would only happen if he played in North America?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pretty sure it burns off a year of his deal, but whatever. That's the price you have pay to get a prospect like him.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Pretty sure it burns off a year of his deal, but whatever. That's the price you have pay to get a prospect like him.

Sort of good/bad situation sending Pokka back to Finland.

The good is that it opens up roster room on Bridgeport to let other guys get time to play, also Pokka probably gets to play more time and big games as well.

On the negative side Pokka has/had a good chance of being one of our first callups in case of injury

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Sort of good/bad situation sending Pokka back to Finland.

The good is that it opens up roster room on Bridgeport to let other guys get time to play, also Pokka probably gets to play more time and big games as well.

On the negative side Pokka has/had a good chance of being one of our first callups in case of injury

over the next three seasons, we are going to have quite the mass migration of prospects into the defensive corps. Its hard to imagine successfully integrating them all.:

This season:
Reinhart, Czurczman
Next year:
Pulock, Pokka (mid year)
Two years:
Pelech, Mayfield

I'm probably forgetting someone too but that is a great great problem to have

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
over the next three seasons, we are going to have quite the mass migration of prospects into the defensive corps. Its hard to imagine successfully integrating them all.:

This season:
Reinhart, Czurczman
Next year:
Pulock, Pokka (mid year)
Two years:
Pelech, Mayfield

Both Mayfield and Pelech are probably closer than you think. Mayfield could probably be a call up this year. He didn't look out of place in his brief stint. His outlet passes were on point.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Both Mayfield and Pelech are probably closer than you think. Mayfield could probably be a call up this year. He didn't look out of place in his brief stint. His outlet passes were on point.

Oh believe me i know, i just dont think its wise to bring in more than 2 rooks a year and i think pulock and pokka will outperform him. its complicated...lol.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
I said it last year, I saw Mayfield play a ton and he could easily play 3rd pairing minutes in the NHL now. He made huge strides in his game last season. He learned to cut the guy off breaking wide to the net and that was his biggest deficiency outside of minimal offense.
He is easily better than Carkner and more reliable than Donovan to this point.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I said it last year, I saw Mayfield play a ton and he could easily play 3rd pairing minutes in the NHL now. He made huge strides in his game last season. He learned to cut the guy off breaking wide to the net and that was his biggest deficiency outside of minimal offense.
He is easily better than Carkner and more reliable than Donovan to this point.

I believe it! Mayfield is sorta the forgotten man with everyone excited about Reinhart, Pulock, and Pokka.

Mayfield has good pedigree. Still have high hopes for him.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I believe it! Mayfield is sorta the forgotten man with everyone excited about Reinhart, Pulock, and Pokka.

Mayfield has good pedigree. Still have high hopes for him.

I am a Mayfield fan, but I can't help think of how flawless our system would look had we just taken Gibson at that spot.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

This season:
Reinhart, Czurczman
Next year:
Pulock, Pokka (mid year)
Two years:
Pelech, Mayfield

Add in deHaan and Hamonic who are already on the team and I think you can see that much like the Penguins did, we're going to need to trade a couple of them as there isn't enough room to play them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad