Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Leading up to the draft, I was forward only! Then I started to read on Pulock and i thought fans would flame me.

However, there were a few that were in the same boat and when Pulock was called for the Islanders I was def more than excited.

The kid is going to be a very special talent for the Islanders. I can not stand our current state of affairs at the blue line. However, knowing someone like Pulock is on the horizon makes things a little easier.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
November 20
Medicine Hat 4, Brandon 3 (OT)- Pulock, 2 assists, + 3.
Note-Medicine Hat,game winning powerplay goal while Pulock penalized late in regulation.

Very appreciative to have a place to come and see these stats. However, i'm a bit confused with this post. It says Medicine Hat won in OT, but says there was a game winning ppg while Pulock was in the box late in regulation.

Was the typo "game winning" when it should say "game tying" or was it "regulation" when it should say "OT"? Just wondering, thanks!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Very appreciative to have a place to come and see these stats. However, i'm a bit confused with this post. It says Medicine Hat won in OT, but says there was a game winning ppg while Pulock was in the box late in regulation.

Was the typo "game winning" when it should say "game tying" or was it "regulation" when it should say "OT"? Just wondering, thanks!

Probably carried over into OT.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
The kid is going to be a very special talent for the Islanders. I can not stand our current state of affairs at the blue line. However, knowing someone like Pulock is on the horizon makes things a little easier.

We all hope so. The blue line prospects seem too good to be true in a way, but even if a normal hit/miss % comes into play we will be set on the blueline for a long time. The issue isn't that anymore, it is the timing of when they not only make it to the big club, but when they deserve the title of a top 4 defenseman. It won't be immediate.

I just don't want them to do what they did to Donovan, drop him headfirst on a very bad blueline where he gets exposed and has his confidence shattered.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Game was tied 3-3 with 29 seconds in regulation when Pulock was called for a boarding penalty, Medicine Hat won on the poweplay 32 seconds into OT. Sorry if the post was not clear.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Catching a bit of the North Dakota-BU game on NBCSN. Doyle Somberby is freaking HUGE out there, looks like a man child. Not a bad skater, but he's towers over everyone.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
November 22
Cape Breton 2, Saint John 1 (SO)-Leduc, - 1.
Sudbury 6, Niagara 1-Graham, 1 goal (6), - 1.
Plymouth 4, Saginaw 3 (OT)-VCR, 1 goal (5, GW), 1 assist, + 1.
London 4, Erie 1-Pelech, - 1.
Prince George 8, Edmonton 3-Reinhart, - 2.
Kootenay 7, Brandon 3-Pulock, - 3.
Regina 4, Red Deer 3 (SO)-Burroughs, even.

UMass-Lowell 1, Notre Dame 0-Russo, even.
BU 3, North Dakota 1-Somerby, even.
Minnesota 6, Minnesota-Duluth 1-Cammarata, 2 assists, + 1, Bischoff, + 2.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
November 22
Cape Breton 2, Saint John 1 (SO)-Leduc, - 1.
Sudbury 6, Niagara 1-Graham, 1 goal (6), - 1.
Plymouth 4, Saginaw 3 (OT)-VCR, 1 goal (5, GW), 1 assist, + 1.
London 4, Erie 1-Pelech, - 1.
Prince George 8, Edmonton 3-Reinhart, - 2.
Kootenay 7, Brandon 3-Pulock, - 3.
Regina 4, Red Deer 3 (SO)-Burroughs, even.

UMass-Lowell 1, Notre Dame 0-Russo, even.
BU 3, North Dakota 1-Somerby, even.
Minnesota 6, Minnesota-Duluth 1-Cammarata, 2 assists, + 1, Bischoff, + 2.

Ouch, our TOP dmen with some bad games. Pelech -1, Reinhart -2, Pulock -3 !!

Nice to see VCR being a big part of his team, and Cammarata producing as a freshman. I was worried about him going to Minnesota after the Okposo debacle.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland

Nice to see VCR being a big part of his team, and Cammarata producing as a freshman. I was worried about him going to Minnesota after the Okposo debacle.

Yeah I was going through the scores this morning and couldn't believe that Edmonton game. Rare to see them lose, much less get blown out.

I didn't catch the game, but if anyone did can you say if it was just a bad game all around or was the goaltending just that bad(Edmonton's starter gave up 6 goals on 17 shots... the backup came in less than halfway through and gave up 2 on 17)?

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011

Didn't knew that Pokka had a bad game. ;)

How do you think our defence will look like next year? Do you think Reinhart, Pokka or another defender is NHL ready?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Didn't knew that Pokka had a bad game. ;)

How do you think our defence will look like next year? Do you think Reinhart, Pokka or another defender is NHL ready?

Reinhart has the most of what the Islanders need especially on defense, probably he has the best shot to make it but Pulock is not that far away either. Pelech should be in Bridgeport for sure and can't comment on Pokka since I have not seen him other than an occasional video.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Reinhart has the most of what the Islanders need especially on defense, probably he has the best shot to make it but Pulock is not that far away either. Pelech should be in Bridgeport for sure and can't comment on Pokka since I have not seen him other than an occasional video.

While I know that they almost have to be better than what we have now, realistically, can we expect them to play up to anything other than a 3rd pairing role next year?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Watched a good amount of the game and I noticed Cammarata more than in any of his previous games.Thought Bischoff was really good again, speed, ability to move the puck and the calmness to make excellent decisions.

Minnesota plays again Sunday at 4 PM, game on Fox College Sports.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
While I know that they almost have to be better than what we have now, realistically, can we expect them to play up to anything other than a 3rd pairing role next year?

I would not pin Reinhart to any one pair, would like to partner him where he can play to his strength in the defensive end and not worry about doing too much at first. That is just my opinion of course but as we see the Islanders great coach can't figure out how to play anyone to get the best results.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Yeah I was going through the scores this morning and couldn't believe that Edmonton game. Rare to see them lose, much less get blown out.

I didn't catch the game, but if anyone did can you say if it was just a bad game all around or was the goaltending just that bad(Edmonton's starter gave up 6 goals on 17 shots... the backup came in less than halfway through and gave up 2 on 17)?

Was going back and fourth between Edmonton, Brandon and Regina games and listened to Regina the most since it was close. Just sounds like Edmonton had one of the games where everything went wrong,it happens sometime.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
Watched a good amount of the game and I noticed Cammarata more than in any of his previous games.Thought Bischoff was really good again, speed, ability to move the puck and the calmness to make excellent decisions.

I'll be watching, any chance to watch our prospects and I'm there. Can't wait for the WJC's, I think Cammarata has a chance to make the US team. Playing really well offensively again (Seems like he plays well offensively every year). Dominated the USHL last year, dominated at Shattuck a few years earlier.

scott99

May 13, 2005

I'll be watching, any chance to watch our prospects and I'm there. Can't wait for the WJC's, I think Cammarata has a chance to make the US team. Playing really well offensively again (Seems like he plays well offensively every year). Dominated the USHL last year, dominated at Shattuck a few years earlier.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Edmonton's starter didn't play. That was their backup and third string goalie who dressed.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Scott, correction on the start time of Minnesota-Minnesota-Duluth game is 5 PM, there is a pre game show at 4:30 and a post game show.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Love to hear from the guys who follow the minors of their assessment of Pelech and Mayfield. Are they any where near being able to be brought up at some point this year, even if they had sheltered minutes and only brought a physical aspect that the team desperately needs? I am sure they would be roasted against most top 6 NHLers but could they stand up against say a 3rd/4th line, and handle clearing bodies in front of the net or taking the body where necessary? I don't follow the juniors at all so if this is not realistic, I apologize in advance. Thanks for any insight you could provide ! :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad