Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
November 16
Cape Breton 5, Drummondville 4 (OT)-Leduc, even.
Erie 4, Guelph 3 (OT)-Pelech, even.
Note-Trailing 3-0 in third, Erie tied game with 3 short handed goals, McDavid scores in OT.
Barrie 8, Niagara 2-Graham, 1 assist, even.
Note-VCR did not play against Sarnia.
Edmonton 4, Swift Current 2-Reinhart, even.
Regina 3, Spokane 2 (SO)-Burroughs, even.

Notre Dame 2, Merrimack 2 (OT)-Russo, even.
Minnesota 3, Minnesota State 0-Bischoff, 1 goal (3), + 2, Cammarata, even.

One added benefit of following this thread is you have a much greater knowledge of Canadian geography than most.

A fact about the strength of Long Island as a hockey market: Long Island has more people than all three Canadian prairie provinces combined (Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba).

scott99

May 13, 2005
One added benefit of following this thread is you have a much greater knowledge of Canadian geography than most.

A fact about the strength of Long Island as a hockey market: Long Island has more people than all three Canadian prairie provinces combined (Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba).

Edmonton is near Staten Island right ? :sarcasm:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Making a trip to Toronto next week. Will get to see one junior game and lucked out, on Friday November 29, Erie is playing at Mississauga, about a half hour ride away. Going to see Pelech, Mc David and Sean Day. Most important is to watch Pelech very closely and try to give a scouting report similar to the one I did when seeing Strome last year. Should be fun.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
In case anyone is curious (probably not)... but I stumbled across Cody Rosen's whereabouts.

He is on the roster for the SPHL's Knoxville Ice Bears, as a back-up. Not particularly angry about the Rosen like some but more curious than anything about how this went down.

http://thesphl.stats.pointstreak.com/teamplayerstats.html?teamid=24911&seasonid=11461

His dad bought a central hockey team last year in Brampton. I thought he was just preparing for his kid leaving school :laugh:.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Mikko Koskinen

I WANT ANSWERS!!

Is this kid Islanders property or not!?

From what I have gathered, the Islanders do hold his rights if he decides to come back to NA. However, Arthur Staple (been wrong before) seems to think otherwise.

"Jonathan Nichols ‏@Jnics21
@StapeNewsday I was under the impression that Koskinen was no longer Islander property. Can you confirm this?

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
@Jnics21 Your impression is correct. He's not.
"

Then Kevin Schultz with this....

"For Koskinen, his entry level deal expired at the end of the 2011-12 season and the Islanders retained his rights with a qualifying offer. They’ll retain his rights until he becomes an NHL free agent at 27-years-old, which is why he’s still in the Islanders media guide and on their website under “in the system.""

http://islanderspointblank.com/pros...s-playing-well-in-russia-but-is-he-an-option/

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
6'7 165 lbs? Wow, that dude is more than lanky, that's a downright stripper pole. Seriously, if he is starring in the KHL, I hope we get him to come to the NHL, sounds like he could be a good one.

That has to be a typo, right? I'm almost a foot shorter and 160 lbs. That seems impossible for a pro athlete.

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Making a trip to Toronto next week. Will get to see one junior game and lucked out, on Friday November 29, Erie is playing at Mississauga, about a half hour ride away. Going to see Pelech, Mc David and Sean Day. Most important is to watch Pelech very closely and try to give a scouting report similar to the one I did when seeing Strome last year. Should be fun.

Have a good trip! Sean Day looks like a great prospect for 2016. I see he was born in Belgium. A young player we are following closely here is Tyler Benson, a left winger also not eligible until 2016. He was drafted by the Vancouver Giants.

I am leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow for Grey Cup. The game (Saskatchewan vs. Hamilton) is in Regina, but hotel rooms are hard to come by there, so many CFL fans are going to Vegas instead. While there, I'll be placing bets on the Islanders (I haven't given up my day job). Unfortunately, the Wranglers (ECHL) are on the road when I'm there.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

that's a great arena for hockey. I'm gonna try and make that game! Been wanting to see McDavid live for a while.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
that's a great arena for hockey. I'm gonna try and make that game! Been wanting to see McDavid live for a while.

these games def get sold out?

I wish the states would have a hockey network....

I would love to watch CHL junior Hockey Live.....these kids are so talented...Its amazing that 15 year olds play in pro like settings..

scott99

May 13, 2005

I would love to watch CHL junior Hockey Live.....these kids are so talented...Its
amazing that 15 year olds play in pro like settings..

So true. I did Hockeystreams for a month, and it was so great watching the CHL.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Have a good trip! Sean Day looks like a great prospect for 2016. I see he was born in Belgium. A young player we are following closely here is Tyler Benson, a left winger also not eligible until 2016. He was drafted by the Vancouver Giants.

I am leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow for Grey Cup. The game (Saskatchewan vs. Hamilton) is in Regina, but hotel rooms are hard to come by there, so many CFL fans are going to Vegas instead. While there, I'll be placing bets on the Islanders (I haven't given up my day job). Unfortunately, the Wranglers (ECHL) are on the road when I'm there.

Listened to the games Sunday while watching the NFL, have to say my favorite CFL team is Hamilton because here in upstate NY, radio station CHML comes in so would often listen. Going to visit York University,well known for it their earth science/geological research departments so that is the main reason for the trip,hockey makes it even better.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

I would love to watch CHL junior Hockey Live.....these kids are so talented...Its amazing that 15 year olds play in pro like settings..

they don't sell out, they average about 3500-4k per game but they are all young fans, really into the games. The Leafs are crazy but you can get Marlies tickets or CHL for face value on game day.

Watching these players live is a bit unreal though. You forget how young these kids are.

I find AHL hockey the same way though, amazing some of these guys aren't in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad