Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why ,are you know something that nobody else knows? Bordeleau rank at 51 By McKenzie, Khusnutdinov is 35

I know that I like him better than that.

and so does Craig Button
and so does eliteprospects.com
and so does central scouting

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why ,are you know something that nobody else knows? Bordeleau rank at 51 By McKenzie, Khusnutdinov is 35

On Bordeleau he has a legitimate NHL shot. That thing is heavy and a very good release. Also he is a plus skater in terms of he plays with a lot of pace and hockey IQ. He is a playmaker with a very heavy shot so that is intriguing to me. I think he winds up out on the wing, but he could be an impact guy. When you get down to the early second somebody with his kind of upside is intriguing to me.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
On Bordeleau he has a legitimate NHL shot. That thing is heavy and a very good release. Also he is a plus skater in terms of he plays with a lot of pace and hockey IQ. He is a playmaker with a very heavy shot so that is intriguing to me. I think he winds up out on the wing, but he could be an impact guy. When you get down to the early second somebody with his kind of upside is intriguing to me.
Will be so many great potential at 32, hope we pick the best one, we deserve it

Reactions: Konnan511

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I don’t think he had the best surrounding cast on the program this year, and I think he has a lot of room for growth... I like him.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Kotkansalo signed a 1-year contract with Ässät, so will join Kivenmäki there. Who knows, maybe Tuomisto too if college hockey doesn't happen this season.

Reactions: MBH

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He skates well enough to play bottom pairing, he just has no offense whatsoever. I would guess we aren't signing him...

I wouldn't be surprised if he is brought over for a camp tryout when this mess is over and we have a "normal" year. If he wants to come over for it. Him and Lindstrom wouldn't be a sexy third pair, but could just lock it down and be that safe 14-17 minute eating third pair that also takes on a good chunk of PK duties.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He skates well enough to play bottom pairing, he just has no offense whatsoever. I would guess we aren't signing him...

This may be for the best. He is the kind of guy that looks like he'd be a 5-6-7 defenseman at any level due to the lack of offense, much in the way that Lindstrom is. A year or two in extraliiga could be solid for his development.
Any word on if we're allowed to keep his rights without signing him if he leaves college to play in Europe?

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Every single time I've seen Kotkansalo in person or at Wings camp, he's been impressive.

Weird because his stats scream nothing special... Eventhough he was touted as an offensive defenseman. Ceiling in my eyes is still 3rd line D at best if all the stars align.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kotkansalo signed a 1-year contract with Ässät, so will join Kivenmäki there. Who knows, maybe Tuomisto too if college hockey doesn't happen this season.

Ässät playing today against Sport. First pre-season game in Finland.

Lenni Killinen - Peter Tiivola - Tommi Laakso
Niklas Peltomäki - Olli Vainio

Niko Kivelä - Roni Hirvonen - Anton Sikorski
Kasper Kotkansalo - Aleksi Matinmikko

Atte Mäkinen - Niklas Appelgren - Jouka Juhola
Juuso Walli - Aleksi Varttinen

Eero Niemi - Arttu Lausniemi - Leevi Viitala
Markus Niemeläinen - Rami Määttä

Sami Aittokallio

Rami Määttä and Roni Hirvonen 2020 draft guys. Kivenmaki not playing, multiple guys scratched.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Some guys reporting about Kotkansalo, looking good and making simple passes without mistakes. Other Ässät defencemen in trouble.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Weird because his stats scream nothing special... Eventhough he was touted as an offensive defenseman. Ceiling in my eyes is still 3rd line D at best if all the stars align.

Absolutely. Not a high ceiling.
But I like his skating. I like his passing. I like his assertiveness.
Every time I saw him and Lindstrom together - at the WJ Summer Showcase, at the prospect 3 on 3s, Kotkansalo was superior.
But then, yeah, no stats whatsoever at Boston.
Actually played forward some games.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
More likely, he already signed his OHL agreement too.
When do you think a contract would be void or be able to be modified? Genuinely curious. Say he signed the contract and it's expected to be a full season. Now, Half season? Does that void the contract? Quarter season? Contract voided? They play the final three games of the season only, does that void the contract?

I think he starts the year in Sweden, and if they actually do start playing CHL games, there's a 50/50 chance he comesover.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Absolutely. Not a high ceiling.
But I like his skating. I like his passing. I like his assertiveness.
Every time I saw him and Lindstrom together - at the WJ Summer Showcase, at the prospect 3 on 3s, Kotkansalo was superior.
But then, yeah, no stats whatsoever at Boston.
Actually played forward some games.

He's only been given the defensive assignments at BU because of their stud offensive D David Farrance. That team could use an infusion of talent from the 2020 draft.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
He's only been given the defensive assignments at BU because of their stud offensive D David Farrance. That team could use an infusion of talent from the 2020 draft.

Farrance - the guy we could have taken INSTEAD of Kotkansalo, Zablocki or Petruzelli.
Probably has higher upside than anyone we drafted in 2017 with the exception of Rasmussen - and I'm not even sure I'd put Ras ahead of him.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Farrance - the guy we could have taken INSTEAD of Kotkansalo, Zablocki or Petruzelli.
Probably has higher upside than anyone we drafted in 2017 with the exception of Rasmussen - and I'm not even sure I'd put Ras ahead of him.

Hey man, I'm a BU grad student and I often wonder how the Wings missed him. Whenever Farrance, Mastrosimone and Zegras were on the ice together this year they were deadly.

Also the silver lining is that Ken Holland and Tyler Wright are gone. I'm hoping that Yzerman is able to build as robust and efficient a scouting department in Detroit as he did in Tampa.

Reactions: hkydave04 and MBH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad