Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Between SHL and CHL, stay home Albin

Grewe plays a game that is more suited to NA. If he is going to get low minutes and suspended every ten games for what is a legal check over here I am ready to move him over. The only thing that gives me pause is there might not be a CHL season. I think we have to wait and see, but Saginaw is his best place in my opinion.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Grewe plays a game that is more suited to NA. If he is going to get low minutes and suspended every ten games for what is a legal check over here I am ready to move him over. The only thing that gives me pause is there might not be a CHL season. I think we have to wait and see, but Saginaw is his best place in my opinion.

Not to mention he can play on a line with Ryan Suzuki and Cole Perfetti (Wings pick this year?). Two first round picks feeding him pucks will help get his confidence up in a hurry.

Reactions: hkydave04

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Scott Wheeler of the Athletic released his top 50 Drafted prospects rankings. It’s always a great read and I like his perspective. He always comes across balanced and fair imo. Anyway, Wheeler has two wings on his list.

He had Moritz Seider at 14 and the last spot of his second tier. Joe Veleno came in at 41 or middle of his 4th and final tier.

He says that Seider Is arguably going to go to have a better ability to play tougher minutes at the nhl level than any defender on the list due to his strength, intelligence and mobility. He adds that his offence is developing but Mo needs to shoot and attack more. Wheeler sees all situation upside.

With Veleno, Wheeler questions how high his upside is and believes it will be a slow burn but he can be an important middle six Center. Wheeler Cautions patience. He likes his added snarl and says he’s just a good consistent hockey player.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Scott Wheeler of the Athletic released his top 50 Drafted prospects rankings. It’s always a great read and I like his perspective. He always comes across balanced and fair imo. Anyway, Wheeler has two wings on his list.

He had Moritz Seider at 14 and the last spot of his second tier. Joe Veleno came in at 41 or middle of his 4th and final tier.

He says that Seider Is arguably going to go to have a better ability to play tougher minutes at the nhl level than any defender on the list due to his strength, intelligence and mobility. He adds that his offence is developing but Mo needs to shoot and attack more. Wheeler sees all situation upside.

With Veleno, Wheeler questions how high his upside is and believes it will be a slow burn but he can be an important middle six Center. Wheeler Cautions patience. He likes his added snarl and says he’s just a good consistent hockey player.
Always interesting to see someone's list, but this list is so bad that it's not worth reading/discussing imo and I will leave it at that.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

I was impressed with his scouting report on Seider and Veleno. Very spot on analysis.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I was impressed with his scouting report on Seider and Veleno. Very spot on analysis.

It's a pretty spot-on analysis. Part of me is hoping that Seider plays one more season with Grand Rapids just for the sake of him being able to play as #1 in a no pressure situation where he can be the offense driver from the back end. He was looking pretty good offensively with the Griffins and would lead the rush from the red line sometimes, but he'd often stop at the center red line and look to dump it. (A huge gripe of mine with the Griffins this year. I absolutely hate dump and chase hockey.)

When Seider gets skating with the puck his size and speed moving forward make him almost unstoppable. I hope he rushes the puck more as he progresses. His skating is good enough that he can take it into the other team's zone while still allowing for him to get back and not lose positioning. I think with Seider this will come eventually. He is still super young for the league.

Reactions: MBH and mantha39

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
Although I always enjoy more content and different perspectives, I find myself disagreeing with Wheeler's opinions a lot

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I like him.

#28th on average rank. That range from different ranks is ridiculous. Highest at 12th, lowest at 76th.

Could be an option with any 2nd rounder.

This scouching guy gives pretty good analyze.

I watched some games with him, first he creates all the time something , he is main pk, love it , we need star players who pk, just like D&Z. He is using his stick so well . Same line Marat and Rossi will be something . Give them someone like Mantha , watch out

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What do you mean?

His scouting report sounds like he could be a very nice early 2nd rounder for us. I like hearing things like he is a puck hound, as we could use a lot more players who want to get the puck, rather than being passive. Also says he has good 2 way instincts, even if offence is unpredictable!

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Anyone have any ice time information (AToi, PP, PK) or production breakdowns (Even strength points vs PP points) for Albert Johansson?

i was just reading an article about Phillip Broberg who was compared to Soderstrom and Brannstrom and I’m curious how our guy compares.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone have any ice time information (AToi, PP, PK) or production breakdowns (Even strength points vs PP points) for Albert Johansson?

i was just reading an article about Phillip Broberg who was compared to Soderstrom and Brannstrom and I’m curious how our guy compares.

I can tell you he played 12:56 a game, and 3 of his points came on the power play (all assists).

Reading the SHL stat page is like ordering furniture from Ikea, even on English.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Broberg, 13,98 AVG TOI, 0.572 P1/60, 0.18 points per game.
Johansson, 12,93 AVG TOI, 0.887 P1/60, 0.31 point per game.

Broberg kind of sucked (in general comparison). Söderström was best by far, then Johansson in the middle.

EDIT:

Johansson compared to 2017-18 season Bränndström (his DY+1 season), there's no time based data, but points per game:

Brännström 0.34
Johansson 0.31
Söderström 0.29

Imo, our 3rd rounder Johansson being somewhat equal with these 1st rounders feels awesome pick at this point.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Please elaborate on size, skating, and if you think he can play center at the NHL level. You want to go Raymond at 4 and this guy at 32? I'm thinking I'd sign off on that, yep.

Has the feel of a borderline elite skater if he can improve his top end just a little more which might come with power as I like his stride, you want to name the Brayden Point style player, here he is for me. He is 5'9" and slight but is very young, having just turned 18 and plays a complete game, he is elusive and has really soft hands in my opinion. Smooth player that does play both ends of the ice well. He would be a player at #32 you are taking a high end gamble on. He probably plays at least a few more years in Russia though I don't think he is contractually locked in, but I think there would need to be some patience in my opinion and he might have to be a winger in the NHL. But I see him as more of a three or four years down the road player and I really do think he will be a good one at that point. But there is certainly risk on him being nothing as a player. If you thought you could get him with one of the later seconds even better. I have him at #20.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Has the feel of a borderline elite skater if he can improve his top end just a little more which might come with power as I like his stride, you want to name the Brayden Point style player, here he is for me. He is 5'9" and slight but is very young, having just turned 18 and plays a complete game, he is elusive and has really soft hands in my opinion. Smooth player that does play both ends of the ice well. He would be a player at #32 you are taking a high end gamble on. He probably plays at least a few more years in Russia though I don't think he is contractually locked in, but I think there would need to be some patience in my opinion and he might have to be a winger in the NHL. But I see him as more of a three or four years down the road player and I really do think he will be a good one at that point. But there is certainly risk on him being nothing as a player. If you thought you could get him with one of the later seconds even better. I have him at #20.

I would go with Bordeleau, if we want a smaller center at that #32 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad