Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Pretty amazing time....an NHL roster loaded with young talent and a top flight farm system, loaded with talent. Following this team for a long time, never seen anything close before.

Reactions: AppsSyl

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Another goal from Johnsson tonight. He's going to force his way into the Leafs lineup (hopefully).

The great thing is he's responsible defensively and grittier than one would expect, which should allow him to play anywhere in the lineup a la Connor Brown.

horner

May 22, 2007
Liljegren has ice in his viens.
I think he has a shot next yr.
The kid is smooth as silk.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Johnsson & Kapanen in for JVR & Komarov probably isn't a downgrade even this season. Find it weird that Leivo signed with how much talent on the wings is still in the AHL, if he doesn't have a good camp he could end up in the press box again.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I love the depth the Leafs have in the AHL. Something has to give sooner or later with this abundance of depth at the forward position.

Anyone of these forwards can play in the NHL on most teams:

Kapanen
Altonnen
Johnsson
Leivo
Soshnikov
Brunnstrom

If the Leafs can trade Komarov I would. And if the Leafs can deal JVR I would. Stockpile some more draft picks and keep the cycle going. These players waiting in the wings are not going to be patient for much longer.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Johnsson & Kapanen in for JVR & Komarov probably isn't a downgrade even this season. Find it weird that Leivo signed with how much talent on the wings is still in the AHL, if he doesn't have a good camp he could end up in the press box again.

id say the offensive upgrade of kapanen for komarov would be close to the offensive downgrade of JVR to johnsson. But you have to factor in the defensive improvement in JVR's spot for it to be close. Offensively Johnsson and Kapanen together probably don't match JVR's points/goals.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Scott Wheeler gave an update on the prospects in a podcast. You guys can listen to it, or I can provide some comments.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Doesn't the swapping out of JVR and Komarov with Johnsson and Kapanen gloss over the fact we got Leivo in the line up? There's these two guys and then there's guys like Grundstrom they can make an impact as soon as next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad