Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Mark Hunter at it again with another solid under the radar pick in Vladislav Kara. Looks to have an excellent shot at the WJC's and is already a great goal scorer in the VHL (6G in 12GP). He could probably be a regular in the KHL by next season and has already played a few this year. 19 y o 6'2" LW

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If Liljegren doesn’t play today (which may be likely) he’ll be going three weeks without playing.

This frustrating but for the best to get him fully healthy.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Mark Hunter at it again with another solid under the radar pick in Vladislav Kara. Looks to have an excellent shot at the WJC's and is already a great goal scorer in the VHL (6G in 12GP). He could probably be a regular in the KHL by next season and has already played a few this year. 19 y o 6'2" LW

MHL = CHL
VHL = AHL
KHL = NHL

Is that how the Russian league are split up? I am not familiar with the VHL at all and my understanding was the MHL is similar to the CHL in Russia.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

Didn't play the last two games was he injured or benched.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
If Liljegren doesn’t play today (which may be likely) he’ll be going three weeks without playing.

This frustrating but for the best to get him fully healthy.

Any word yet on if he's getting in today?

Either way he's been seeing ice in practice so still improving to a certain extent.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

Looks like he's sitting out again today, disappointing

True, but these extra few days are worth it (assuming it is something minor that will go away soon), he's still on the ice practicing. The alternative of rushing him back and him sitting out a month or two after aggravating the injury would be much worse.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Also consider the Marlies are still struggling to get Valiev into the lineup regularly and I do not think they need to worry about rushing him in.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Wait, the Marlies use Bracco on the PK? I guess they really are trying to get the most out of his game.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Eric Fehr has 2 goals through his first two games with San Diego. Here's hoping that Anaheim likes him enough that they'll be willing to ship us something for him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Wait, the Marlies use Bracco on the PK? I guess they really are trying to get the most out of his game.

Wow really? Thats surprising.
Then again, Keefe also used Timashov in the PK and he is also one that you wouldnt really expect to be on the PK.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Kapanen is the best player by far on the ice.....he belongs in the nhl but he is developing so well that it's better for him to be here than on the 4th line in the NHL....and babcock will never play him ahead of Martin/Hyman/Komarov..

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Marlies win again! They have been amazing this season so far. Also they are letting very few goals in which is great to see! Kap and Johnsson look too good for the ahl.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Hunter potentially has some nice picks coming - not sure if Kara is one of them though. I caught a fair portion of the CHL vs. Russia series and he didn't do a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->