Player Discussion "Prince Antti" Raanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
They better be offering him reservations to every steakhouse back in the city right about now.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Any chance he resigns for a year or two?

Slim. Can't blame him for wanting a full time gig.

Trade him like we did with Talbot and then get another back up. Rinse and repeat.

Man we've been spoilt with goaltending last 9-10 years. Best goalie in the world and some really good back ups.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA

Trade him like we did with Talbot and then get another back up. Rinse and repeat.

Man we've been spoilt with goaltending last 9-10 years. Best goalie in the world and some really good back ups.

Wouldn't get anything for him because he's a UFA at years end where as Talbot had one year left. May be a 5th for his rights.

Wouldn't move him at the deadline as the Rangers need him as an insurance policy for the remainder of the year.

I do agree on the spoiled with goaltending though.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Wouldn't get anything for him because he's a UFA at years end where as Talbot had one year left. May be a 5th for his rights.

Wouldn't move him at the deadline as the Rangers need him as an insurance policy for the remainder of the year.

I do agree on the spoiled with goaltending though.

Oh yeah forgot he's UFA.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Well, it wasn't all good though.

Prince Chad and Lincoln Tunnel Biron weren't that great :D

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He'll very likely be willing to. Let's see how he does here and Hellberg in the AHL this season.

I could see them resigning him for 2 years x $2M. Depends on whether or not they see Hellberg being ready, which is a possibility, but I would rather Hellberg stay in the minors for now. Use Raanta for this year and half of next, trade him at the 2016-17 trade deadline

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Antti's former teammate in Chicago, Sheldon Brookbank signed to play hockey in Antti's hometown in Finland and Antti gave his home for Sheldon's family to stay in. They would have got home from the club too but I bet Raanta residence is way much better. It's cool to see things like this.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I didn't think Talbot would re-sign, thinking someone would give him a shot to earn a starting gig, but then he did (for two years at that). I guess the opportunities just aren't out there at the moment. Maybe we can do the same with Raanta.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Antti's former teammate in Chicago, Sheldon Brookbank signed to play hockey in Antti's hometown in Finland and Antti gave his home for Sheldon's family to stay in. They would have got home from the club too but I bet Raanta residence is way much better. It's cool to see things like this.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Raanta is a fun guy to cheer for, no doubt. He constantly makes very good saves. Good backup goalie who's perhaps entering his prime now.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Bump for 5 good and 0 bad games from Raanta this season.

What do you think guys, does he have what it takes to be a legit NHL starter or is he just a good backup?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Last 3 starts. 3W-0L:

3/4 Was .941 SV%
2/29 CBJ .963 SV%
2/18 Tor .946 SV%

Before that was thing Kings game...which we won't talk about. :P

All said, Raanta is coming on strong in his role at just the right time.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bump for 5 good and 0 bad games from Raanta this season.

What do you think guys, does he have what it takes to be a legit NHL starter or is he just a good backup?

I think he might get a chance to compete for a starting spot eventually on a team that needs a goalie. Hard to tell if he's good enough. He's not terrible and he's not great, somewhere in between, so predicting how it'd go for him with more consistent games is difficult.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Last 3 starts. 3W-0L:

3/4 Was .941 SV%
2/29 CBJ .963 SV%
2/18 Tor .946 SV%

Before that was thing Kings game...which we won't talk about. :P

All said, Raanta is coming on strong in his role at just the right time.

Think he is good. Real good. Sign him now for two years under a million

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Do he really need a title?
Get Raanta a decent contract so he will attract some girl friends as Glen Sather said to Zuci some years ago. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad