Player Discussion "Prince Antti" Raanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
Why not, that would mean he protected all our position players. It would be a very good thing
To be honest, as much as I love Raanta, I think that it would be good for the Rangers and good for him if he were picked in the expansion draft. It would be his Cam Talbot opportunity.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not so sure Vegas picks up Raanta. They'll probably snag Ben Bishop or 1 of Fleury/Murray.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Raanta, Grabner, Klein, Fast/Lindberg.

Who do they pick? I think Raanta has the most value

Yeah but it's about who else is available. Would they take Raanta with Bishop there? I don't think so. Or if for some inexplicable reason Pens don't trade Fleury and have to let go Murray. Or maybe they trade Fleury to LV?

Grabner would be an intriguing pick up for them.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Yeah but it's about who else is available. Would they take Raanta with Bishop there? I don't think so. Or if for some inexplicable reason Pens don't trade Fleury and have to let go Murray. Or maybe they trade Fleury to LV?

Grabner would be an intriguing pick up for them.

Vegas has to draft at least 3 goalies in the expansion draft

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I hope they take Bishop and give him an $8m contract.

They should take: One of MAF/Murray. Malcolm Subban. One of Halak/Greiss.

From NYR, I'd take Grabner, Klein, Holden, or Lindberg.

I think Grubauer is all but guaranteed to be one of the goalies selected. The only other player I can see McPhee being interested in from the Caps is Orlov.

For the Rangers it will come down to Raanta and Grabner imo

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Yeah, notably the question regarding 2nd and 3rd chances. I'd be curious to see how Hank's rebound control has been factoring into the fancy stats.

There are stats for rebound chances against, but this could also be conducive to how well the D clears the garbage in front of a goalie.

Either way, all situations rebound shots against per 60:

Raanta: 0.78
Hank: 1.89

There are also stats for rush shots against:

Raanta: 2.42
Hank: 2.9

And how his poor puck handling factors into high danger chances.

I have no way to quantify this, but I'd guess much less than you think. This strikes me as one of those situations where the times Hank misplays the puck heavily outweigh in ones mind the times where he successfully gets the puck.

But again, I'm uncertain of a way to quantify that so it's just a guess.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
There are stats for rebound chances against, but this could also be conducive to how well the D clears the garbage in front of a goalie.

Either way, all situations rebound shots against per 60:

Raanta: 0.78
Hank: 1.89

There are also stats for rush shots against:

Raanta: 2.42
Hank: 2.9

I have no way to quantify this, but I'd guess much less than you think. This strikes me as one of those situations where the times Hank misplays the puck heavily outweigh in ones mind the times where he successfully gets the puck.

But again, I'm uncertain of a way to quantify that so it's just a guess.

There's no numbers, but didn't Valiquette say that Hank gives up 3-4 goals every year because of poor puck handling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad