Player Discussion "Prince Antti" Raanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Oh my god haha. This is awesome. Never knew you were into hockey! We should meet up again, man. It's been 5 years.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Look at Raanta's stats: 0.00 GAA, 100% SV%, won all his games. Lundqvist is on a 3 game losing steak. We need a second line RW, and we should offload Lundqvist before everyone realizes he's only a .500 goalie.

Lundqvist was just taking up space on the bench last night anyway. Send him and his hair packing for the missing piece!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So there has been some talk about Antti's mask. Nothing major. Just found the whole thing rather amusing.

- Apparently only positive feedback in the locker room.

- Idea from the artist David Gunnarsson (DAVEART)

- Doesn't remember much from the show. Says Stinky or Hattifattener would probably describe him the best from all of the characters

- Moomin Characters Oy Ltd contacted Gunnarsson since he didn't ask permission or anything to draw them on the mask. Nothing too serious, but the CEO wanted to remind that Moomin are still a copyrighted form of art. It breaks some of the pivotal rules of their trademark and gesamtkunstwerk.

- Tove Jansson was very strict with Moomin only living and having an effect on things in the fictional world of Moominvalley. Not in New York, like in the mask.

- They will still allow Raanta to wear the mask and wish nothing but the best for Raanta. They understand Antti only meant well, and also hope Raanta and the Rangers will win the Stanley Cup this year. In addition they would like it if they could have the mask in their collection after the season. And they have agreed with the artist that in the future he should remember to not break any copyrights.

"Well at least the Moomin got to visit NY", Raanta said.

The Finnish sources:
http://yle.fi/urheilu/raanta_sai_no...a_ainakin_muumi_paasi_kaymaan_nykissa/8393191
http://yle.fi/urheilu/muumi-maskia_...arkoitti_vain_hyvaa/8393544?ref=leiki-urheilu

So basically, when ever he wins a game or makes a great save, it's "Moomin magic". Feel free to use that Rangers fans. :D

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The Antii King !

I like this, Anti-King :)

Raantaclaus delivers again! Then next year he can have a santa on the mask. OTOH there would be a lot of talks about him giftwrapping goals etc if he lets in soft ones. :)

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
How many starts is Raanta expected to get? Giving Lundqvist a lighter load could only be a good thing if you have a capable back up right?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
How many starts is Raanta expected to get? Giving Lundqvist a lighter load could only be a good thing if you have a capable back up right?

AV's plan is to give him about 20 games, but that number could end up being higher or lower based on injuries and performance.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I love Raanta. Might have been the best trade at the draft. Haggerty may never play in the NHL consistently, while Raanta brings a steady game in net to the Rangers and is already 2-0 with 1 GA.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Raanta has been a very pleasant surprise so far, and he's played exceptionally well in his two starts.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
just in the eye test, id say Raanta has outplayed Talbot.

I love Talbot for what he did for us, but id say his mistakes were often overlooked because of some spectacular saves he would make. he gave up some really bad goals.

Raanta has looked very steady. hes made the easy saves, hes made the tough saves, and he hasnt been caught napping.

ive been thrilled at his level of play.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
just in the eye test, id say Raanta has outplayed Talbot.

I love Talbot for what he did for us, but id say his mistakes were often overlooked because of some spectacular saves he would make. he gave up some really bad goals.

Raanta has looked very steady. hes made the easy saves, hes made the tough saves, and he hasnt been caught napping.

ive been thrilled at his level of play.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Talbot was excellent for an extended period of time.

If he can continue this level of play, the Rangers should offer him an extension, similar to what they did with Talbot.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Talbot was excellent for an extended period of time.

If he can continue this level of play, the Rangers should offer him an extension, similar to what they did with Talbot.

Talbot was also disastrous for an extended period of time...people forget the first handful of games when Henrik went down. Talbot was swiss cheese.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Talbot was also disastrous for an extended period of time...people forget the first handful of games when Henrik went down. Talbot was swiss cheese.

I agree with you there. He had a really bad stretch of ~10 games and then a great stretch of around 20. That game against Nashville where he gave up the two slapshot goals from the point to Josi/Weber...that was a bad one.

I'm really happy with how Raanta's looked so far. He's been really good and he doesn't seem to like to venture behind the net and play the puck into auto turnovers like Lundqvist which is a nice bonus.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I agree with you there. He had a really bad stretch of ~10 games and then a great stretch of around 20. That game against Nashville where he gave up the two slapshot goals from the point to Josi/Weber...that was a bad one.

I'm really happy with how Raanta's looked so far. He's been really good and he doesn't seem to like to venture behind the net and play the puck into auto turnovers like Lundqvist which is a nice bonus.

I think part of Talbot's bad 10 game stretch was cause he was thrown into the starter role after Henrik went down with that unexpected injury. It's likely not easy going from a backup to a starter right away. Preparation in itself is vastly different.

Seems Talbot got comfortable and found his stride after that 10 game stretch.

*Bob Richards*

Small sample size but this guy has been ****ing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad