Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
sto1o.gif

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Look at Raanta's stats: 0.00 GAA, 100% SV%, won all his games. Lundqvist is on a 3 game losing steak. We need a second line RW, and we should offload Lundqvist before everyone realizes he's only a .500 goalie.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Being a Finn means his name has superfluous double letters, and also his haircut is terrible.

These are very real things to consider.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Even through blue & white Finnish sunglasses I wouldn't say that Raanta is ready for a starter role... but he is one of the best backups in the league. Must be nice for you guys to know that giving the King a night off doesn't automatically mean 0 points. :)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Played well, hope he keeps it up. Seems like a very athletic goalie which is good because he can make the crazy acrobatic saves but Allaire is most likely teaching him when to use that and when to play the angles. More efficient movement.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
So there has been some talk about Antti's mask. Nothing major. Just found the whole thing rather amusing.

- Apparently only positive feedback in the locker room.

- Idea from the artist David Gunnarsson (DAVEART)

- Doesn't remember much from the show. Says Stinky or Hattifattener would probably describe him the best from all of the characters

- Moomin Characters Oy Ltd contacted Gunnarsson since he didn't ask permission or anything to draw them on the mask. Nothing too serious, but the CEO wanted to remind that Moomin are still a copyrighted form of art. It breaks some of the pivotal rules of their trademark and gesamtkunstwerk.

- Tove Jansson was very strict with Moomin only living and having an effect on things in the fictional world of Moominvalley. Not in New York, like in the mask.

- They will still allow Raanta to wear the mask and wish nothing but the best for Raanta. They understand Antti only meant well, and also hope Raanta and the Rangers will win the Stanley Cup this year. In addition they would like it if they could have the mask in their collection after the season. And they have agreed with the artist that in the future he should remember to not break any copyrights.

"Well at least the Moomin got to visit NY", Raanta said.

The Finnish sources:
http://yle.fi/urheilu/raanta_sai_no...a_ainakin_muumi_paasi_kaymaan_nykissa/8393191
http://yle.fi/urheilu/muumi-maskia_...arkoitti_vain_hyvaa/8393544?ref=leiki-urheilu

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Wouldn't "Prince Antti - fabulous he - Antti Ababwa" be a much better thread title? Just saying :)

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Hi guys, as I'm based in Belgium I don't have the opportunity to watch lots of live games. How is Raanta doing in your team, did he play a game already?

Cheers

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hi guys, as I'm based in Belgium I don't have the opportunity to watch lots of live games. How is Raanta doing in your team, did he play a game already?

Cheers

Played last night and was only the 4th goalie in Rangers history to record a shutout on debut.

I know a Belgian rugby fan who uses the name amoboko on a Rugby forum, by the way. Is that you, Thomas? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad